2019 F1 Season thread

I mean if you enjoy seasons where the champion is clearly defined by the 4th race or so, then cheers. I really don't.

i couldn't care less who's champion at the end of the road (just not vettel!!)
we have 21 races to enjoy! and except for china en france, they're very entertaining!

Sure glad the pilots do care about who wins, otherwise they wouldn't even try and you wouldn't have your precious races.
Why just not declare everyone winners at the end, give them a participation trophy and medal, and have some bear hugs all around?

I do follow other racing intensively and know what it means if the champioship is decided within the last lap. If you don't like the current season, totally fine. But please don't piss in our cereals for this. Thank you for leaving the thread.

Also, the season wasn't decided by the fourth race. It was by the first Q3 of the season.

Also, the season wasn't decided by the fourth race. It was by the first Q3 of the season.

No it wasn't. Bottas won the first race and it seemed as if there would be at least a two horse race.
Now bring your bowl a little closer please...

same here: i follow F1, F2, FE, motoGP, WSBK and indy vigorously
and keep an eye on WEC, WRX and super formula

plenty of racing to go around! each weekend there is some series that churns out a great race!

Ok so the argument is "it's okay F1 is not competitive because other series are".

Alright, whatever floats your boat. I still think it's sad.

Last edited:
Ok so the argument is "it's okay F1 is not competitive because other series are".

Alright, whatever floats your boat. I still think it's sad.

it is sad it isn't more competitive, but with a few exceptions, the races haven't been dreadfull
i think if mercedes, red bull, mclaren and renault would be battling for the lead, you'd still be upset because there is no ferrari in the mix

Some silly season gossip to enjoy.

Oooooh, I'd love to see Ocon over at Haas. Also, can Vettel please leave Ferrari so they can sign Riccardo. I really wanna see Danny in red.

No it wasn't. Bottas won the first race and it seemed as if there would be at least a two horse race.
Now bring your bowl a little closer please...

Yeah but it's BOT. As much as I am a fan of him and know he can be quick, it was clear as a day that Hamilton would break away from him eaaaasily during the season. Which is what happened.

Why are you hating on F1 in this thread anyway?

Oooooh, I'd love to see Ocon over at Haas. Also, can Vettel please leave Ferrari so they can sign Riccardo. I really wanna see Danny in red.

That's what I wanted when Fernando said he was leaving, too. Never wanted the finger in red to be honest.
Gotta try to be excited for Leclerc but so far he doesn't seem to be as naturally talented as Verstappen or as focused as he should be to make up for it. But I have high hopes.

Also remembering Jules 4 years from his passing. Him, I'm really sad I never got to see in red.

From the pictures I've seen so far, this "retro" Mercedes lively looks like absolute garbage. They should have dropped the teal and the "rip away" effect and just have gone with a black/white/silver simple scheme with red numbers.

where have you seen anything else but a teaser?
but from the few i've seen, i think it looks great!
if you ask me, white is the only suitable color for a vintage livery, and i truely love the vintage logos and fonts...

red numbers isn't all that special
lewis' number 44 is red more often than not

Should have gone with an all-white scheme, you cowards. This tearing-off effect is so overdone, and in my opinion, looks like crap.

When everybody says that it's not a good race for Mercedes, and that they're going to struggle, and then Ferrari has mechanical issues and the Mercedes are flying along without any problems at all and all the pace.