Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I get emails from Hagerty every couple of weeks inviting me to join their members livestream of some video on some topic with some expert. Except they're always on a Tuesday at 2PM or something else equally only likely to be possible for retired people :razz:

I get emails from Hagerty every couple of weeks inviting me to join their members livestream of some video on some topic with some expert. Except they're always on a Tuesday at 2PM or something else equally only likely to be possible for retired people :razz:
Just work in IT :p

If incentives in Belgium are that good, I'd definitely consider the Twizy a more viable option if I lived there. A shame that you don't get anything but EU incentives that I can't find much info about online here in Croatia. And even then, the Twizy would cost as much as a five-year old Clio dCi with about 150,000 km on the clock. Not to mention those incentives are limited in number and only given like once a year, from what I understood.

BTW, what's the Twizy classified as in Belgium, if not as a car? I think they're classified as normal electric cars here, because I've only seen them with car-size licence plates here.

they're registered as quadricycles
just like those PGO buggies etc
those get bike-plates (and only need one at the rear)

before she had a volvo S60, with which she did a staggering 1000km during the last year

I wonder if that was an insurance fraud attempt and he just wasn't counting on anyone filming him.

"I don't know what happened, I was woken up by the cops at my door saying my car was on fire"

I kind of don't see the point, I'd think that the manufacturers would be interested in increasing efficiency no matter what, simply because that becomes a selling point for them.

Except there gets to be a point where if you increase the regulations too fast, you either won't have any cars to sell, or you'll only have cars that people don't want to buy or cars that people can't afford to buy.

Reactions: TC
Except there gets to be a point where if you increase the regulations too fast, you either won't have any cars to sell, or you'll only have cars that people don't want to buy or cars that people can't afford to buy.
Don't think you understood what I was saying. I don't see the point in efficiency regulations.

I kind of don't see the point, I'd think that the manufacturers would be interested in increasing efficiency no matter what, simply because that becomes a selling point for them.

You are assuming that this would be a selling point for the buying public.

Sometimes it's not.

There is also the fact that US buyers' tastes are distinctly going the other way, with the mad rush to crossovers and some forms of the old SUV (again).

There is also the fact that US buyers' tastes are distinctly going the other way, with the mad rush to crossovers and some forms of the old SUV (again).
It’s not the only selling point but no one would turn down a more efficient car that still fits with whatever it is that they want. If 2020 Mustang comes with same power but double the MPGs I would be interested

Ln3XD3z.jpg

GujJPfU.jpg

Surprisingly I didn't have a seizure or spontaneously combust.

What’d you think?
Only drove it for 3ish miles up and down Woodward, but did open it up from the light. My buddy said I came back into the parking lot with a giant stupid smile on my face, and I do have to admit, it was fun. Maybe in an alternate reality, I'd consider one.

Only drove it for 3ish miles up and down Woodward, but did open it up from the light. My buddy said I came back into the parking lot with a giant stupid smile on my face, and I do have to admit, it was fun. Maybe in an alternate reality, I'd consider one.

Curious, what’s holding you back?

He works for Ford, and he has to be a good company man. :mrgreen::tease:

Undercover cars I've seen:
  • Ford F-150
  • Ford F-250 SuperDuty
  • Dodge Ram 1500
  • Toyota Sienna (imagine the poor guy getting that ride from the motor pool)
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Dodge Charger
  • Ford Mustang (I-15 near Beaver Utah - haven't seen it for years, probably because some cop wadded it)
  • Ford Taurus
  • Ford Fusion
  • Ford Escape
  • Ford Explorer
  • Toyota Camry
  • Toyota Tacoma
  • Toyota Tundra
  • Chevrolet Impala
  • Chevrolet Silverado
  • Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
  • Chevrolet Express

Bringing this back up because I got a good picture of one of the unmarked traffic enforcement Chargers in the DFW area. I have also seen some with no antenna farm but all the other equipment is there; there are still others with no farm and concealed strobes.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll drop it here.

License plate BMOODY. Vehicle driven by woman of menopausal age.

I'm thinking that's a warning label. :p

A couple years back, I was sitting in traffic behind a brand new Skoda Octavia RS wagon. Black with tinted glass. It caught my attention because it couldn't have been more than a couple days old - it was absolutely spotless in every way, but other than that I didn't notice anything special about it at all.

That is, until blue strobe lights started flashing from all corners of it, and it pulled over a car it had been following for a while.

Sneaky bastards.