The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Fed: "I'm taking this action to avoid severe market reactions."
Trump: "Hold my bucket of chicken... I hereby declare all US companies to stop trading with China! I don't understand trade, or what a president is supposed to do, but fuck it, everyone stop trading with our largest trading partner right now!"
Market: (spits drink across the table)
Fed: "Fucking seriously?"

Trump has a different reason why the DOW dropped.

.... wut?

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/7539...er-of-agency-running-immigration-court-system

DOJ Increases Power Of Agency Running Immigration Court System

The Trump administration is making changes to the agency that operates the nation's immigration court system, a move immediately denounced by the immigration judges union as a power grab.

The agency is called the Executive Office for Immigration Review and it is an arm of the Justice Department. Under the interim rule announced Friday, the agency's director will have the power to issue appellate decisions in immigration cases that have not been decided within an allotted timeframe. It also creates a new office of policy within EOIR to implement the administration's immigration policies.

The head of the immigration judges' union accused the administration of trying to strip power away from judges and turn the immigration court system into a law enforcement agency.

"In an unprecedented attempt at agency overreach to dismantle the Immigration Court, the Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) today published a new interim rule, effective next Monday, which takes steps to dismantle the Immigration Court system," Judge Ashley Tabaddor, president of the National Association of Immigration Judges, said in a statement. "DOJ's action ends any transparency and assurance of independent decision making over individual cases."

The new rule, first reported by the Associated Press, comes after the administration announced an effort to decertify the immigration judges' union. The judges, 440 in total, are employees of the Justice Department and not part of the independent judiciary. The Trump administration has also imposed quotas on judges in an effort to speed up deportations and reduce the backlog of more than 900,000 cases pending in immigration courts.

Tabaddor said the administration is trying to concentrate its power over immigration proceedings.

"The new rule is a wolf in sheep's clothing," Tabaddor said "While couched in bureaucratic language, the impact of this regulation is to substitute the policy directives of a single political appointee over the legal analysis of non-political, independent adjudicators."

The EOIR did not respond to a call for comment.

It's rather easy to have a rule that states that your child is only a US citizen if parents are legal residents. Would it make any difference to immigration, dunno.
Again, why change one of the pillars of what the US stand for in order for a minor gain on a current problem? This is pure lip service to a marginal electorate.

Oh don't be so dramatic, you know full well he's just joking around and wasn't at all serious, he's a funny guy it's what he does. He just says this because he knows exactly how to play the libtards like a violin...

Jesus titty fucking christ on a pogo stick.

Fake news and gullible idiots. Yeah bud, I'm sure Trump really said that :rolleyes:

Yes, this one thing must be fake news because you say so. Never mind the mountain of shit you can't deny or defend.

Go back to wherever you were hiding if that is all the parrot can say.

Yes, this one thing must be fake news because you say so. Never mind the mountain of shit you can't deny or defend.

Go back to wherever you were hiding if that is all the parrot can say.
Hey, let's stay civil. No need for name-calling.

Fake news and gullible idiots. Yeah bud, I'm sure Trump really said that :rolleyes:
Yes, he said that. Multiple times.

You rage-quit out of this thread and this is what brings you back? A bullshit "fake news" comment because you don't like what is being reported? I guess it sucks when reality doesn't conform to your expectations; some day I hope you realize you were on the wrong side on this one. Your devotion to Trump and GOP is not only misguided, it's delusional. You are rejecting the evidence before your own eyes if it doesn't fit what you want it to be. Trump's policies are failures, from the tax cuts to the trade wars, he hasn't fulfilled a single promise with the results he stated he would deliver. The country is worse off now that it was before, he managed to take the longest period of economic stability since the end of World War II and, despite all expectations, drive us to the brink of recession in only two and a half years.

Trump's comments about nuking the weather are being reported on multiple platforms with the exception of Fox News, there were multiple reports of him saying he wanted to nuke hurricanes across several meetings with different people and agencies. One thing you don't do as the guy who can actually launch nuclear weapons is joke about launching nuclear weapons; people tend to take that shit seriously. I'm not convinced he was joking, Trump has demonstrated nearly childlike knowledge of basic civics - hell, just basic life skills and knowledge repeatedly. Even basic things like claiming you need photo ID to buy groceries. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, he's been on the wrong side of it too many times.

You can stick your head in the sand all you want, this is just one part of a much larger tapestry of incompetence, paranoia, delusion, lies, nepotism, and probably dementia. The guy is starting to fray and he's taking the entire world along with him.

Last edited:
Honesty, I wish I could read history books from 200 years from now.
You're assuming there will be anyone left to write or read them.

Last edited: