2020 Corvette C8 Unveiled

Really? There is one at the dealer by me that's been there for like 2 weeks
There is a brand new stripper base model Raptor for $55k near your house?

I guess things have changed a bit since 2017 when I bought my truck then.

I remember looking for one of those when I was truck shopping.

It was an unproductive unicorn snipe hunt. :p

It still is very difficult to find. I just found a few in the Phoenix area but the dealers are still demanding a $10k markup which is absurd as there are dealers elsewhere that are putting money on the hood. If you search hard enough you can definitely find one.

Really? There is one at the dealer by me that's been there for like 2 weeks

Is there? I just searched NY area dealers and didn't see a base 800A Raptor.

Guess it ain't a stripper, their site lists it for 75

Yup.

Reactions: TC
Folding hard top is a bit of a surprise. As for the looks, I really like it in a vacuum, you could easily mistake it for a much more expensive McLaren, but it doesn't really feel like a "Corvette" to me. There was a fairly consistent design language maintained since the C3 that is gone now, and to be fair, the C1 and C2 were also completely different.

It is called evolution. Not every car can emulate the 911.

Yes, but many iconic cars maintain some consistency without going full Porsche. See Mustang.

Folding hard top is a bit of a surprise. As for the looks, I really like it in a vacuum, you could easily mistake it for a much more expensive McLaren, but it doesn't really feel like a "Corvette" to me. There was a fairly consistent design language maintained since the C3 that is gone now, and to be fair, the C1 and C2 were also completely different.

575676.jpg

c8-01.jpg

you don't see the similarities between those?
i applaud them for making a FR car MR while still honoring the heritage!

Reactions: MWF
The new C8.R will have a 5.5L FPC V8 that will likely make its way into a road version (guessing Z06 or ZR1). That's very interesting because that's a HUGE displacement for a FPC. Can't imagine how they're combating the vibrations.

It sounds pretty amazing too, but considering its a race car they might not be managing NVH at all.

It sounds pretty amazing too, but considering its a race car they might not be managing NVH at all.

Theres NVH thats annoying to the driver, and theres NVH that literally shakes the engine apart. Big FPCs are prone too the latter.