Ford's Mustang Mach E

Is there a Chrome plug-in that changes Mustang Mach-E to The Butt yet?

@Spectre Why? It's still a damn sight better looking than some of the abortions to have carried the name over the years.

@Spectre Why? It's still a damn sight better looking than some of the abortions to have carried the name over the years.

Leaving the BEV driveline aside, there has never been a four door Mustang. Nor should there be.

Put it to you this way - it is at least as bad an offense as if Porsche had decided to call what eventually became the Panamera something like the "911 Extended." And then calling the Cockster the "911 Poorpeople". And then calling the Cayenne the "911 Big". Etc.

On top of that? You are wrong - it's the ugliest thing to ever wear a Mustang badge. It looks like some kid got an Infiniti EX and made a crappy fiberglass bodyshell vaguely shaped like a Mustang to put on it. Even the Mustang II looked better than this garbage.

Is there a Chrome plug-in that changes Mustang Mach-E to The Butt yet?

Dunno, but if there isn't I may start work on one tomorrow.

I'm with Spectre on this, if they made an electric Explorer I'd have 0 issues with it, but calling this damn thing a Mustang is just cheap attention grab. It's same issue I have with the Mk5 Supra, trying to use a name just for marketing services.

I'm with Spectre on this, if they made an electric Explorer I'd have 0 issues with it, but calling this damn thing a Mustang is just cheap attention grab. It's same issue I have with the Mk5 Supra, trying to use a name just for marketing services.

If they wanted to recycle some old name, call it a Thunderbird. Or resurrect the Futura name, which would go along with an EV better.

Someone fire the Sleazy Furniture Salesman CEO before he does any more damage.

Can't see why you guys are getting all butthurt about the name. Mustang has always stood for available and accessible performance, and the original had three different body styles anyway so why shouldn't they use the same moniker on this thing?

It is, after all, just a name!

Just to be clear, I’m not taking a stance on the Mustang name or performance Or EVness or anything. I’m just saying the name should’ve been from that list. All Ford’s product names should be taken from that list. Raptor? Nah, Triskelion. Explorer? Fuck that, its a Magigravure. Instead of Navigator, it should be a Aeroterre.

"33. Varsity Stroke"???

Isn't that just fapping at college?

Just to be clear, I’m not taking a stance on the Mustang name or performance Or EVness or anything. I’m just saying the name should’ve been from that list. All Ford’s product names should be taken from that list. Raptor? Nah, Triskelion. Explorer? Fuck that, its a Magigravure. Instead of Navigator, it should be a Aeroterre.
Well why don't you suggest it to your leadership?

. Mustang has always stood for available and accessible performance, and the original had three different body styles anyway so why shouldn't they use the same moniker on this thing?
Mustang stood for a sports car, original was not available in 3 body styles, fastback didn't come till next year and I don't remember if convertible was there from the get go. None of the fucking things were a god damn cross over though (for the record I'd have no issue with an EV Mustang as long as it kept being a coupe/vert)

Can't see why you guys are getting all butthurt about the name. Mustang has always stood for available and accessible performance, and the original had three different body styles anyway so why shouldn't they use the same moniker on this thing?

It is, after all, just a name!

So, you’d be okay with renaming England to Lower Wankerland? It is, after all, just a name.

I was supremely skeptical about the Mustang naming when it was announced it would be a CUV... but I'm actually pretty shocked how Mustang-y that thing looks. It's a lot better-looking than I expected.

I'm with most the rest of you, the name is a mistake. I don't even think the Thunderbird would be a good option, either resurrect the Taurus name or reintroduce the Futura as Spectre suggested.

Makes me think that Ford wants to make a K-Car but with the mustang. This is like an Edge had sex with a Mustang. Why couldn’t you make an Edge-E?

Peugeot did it better, the 3008 crossover is nicer looking. :)

Attachments

• 37EE8EDE-75C7-4E03-BD1D-0E960D92952C.jpeg
    37EE8EDE-75C7-4E03-BD1D-0E960D92952C.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 143
Makes me think that Ford wants to make a K-Car but with the mustang. This is like an Edge had sex with a Mustang. Why couldn’t you make an Edge-E?

Because their leader is IMHO King Sleazy Furniture Salesman, in whose industry when you get a successful brand with buzz, you apply the name to EVERYTHING?

Peugeot did it better, the 3008 crossover is nicer looking. :)

Historically speaking, the Mustang was based off the Falcon platform. Later it shared platforms with cars like the Fairmont. Not sure where it went from there, but Ioccoca got the idea for sharing platforms from his time at Ford.