Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Here's the website.

Here is the livestream recording -

(Starts at 0:59:00)
Jump to 0:46:30 to watch the "unbreakable transparent metal" windows get shattered live on stage.

Yk08wvL.jpg

4KJt41o.jpg

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? This looks like a third-rate movie prop from a straight-to-VHS rip off of Total Recall, starring Harnold Schwartzenkeimer. Even the name is idiotic, every time I see "Cybertruck" I'm going to hear it in my head in the voice of Movie Trailers Guy like he's doing an intro to Knight Rider 2000.

EDIT:

Here's the spot showing how hard the Cybertruck is to damage:

Last edited:
I spent the entire presentation thinking it was a joke reveal and they were lampooning retrofuturistic concept cars. There's no way they would make something that grotesque, surely they would reveal the real truck at the end.

Nope. It's the 2021 Tesla Aztek.

I have the text log of the conversation I had with my friend. We both thought it was a wind-up for the first 3-5 minutes. It looks like a truck from Sega Genesis driving game.

Their tug-of-war with the aluminum-construction F-150 was a joke, they picked the lightest fullsize truck and didn't even put it in 4WD. Yeah, of course your 4WD stainless-steel electric vehicle is going to pull a RWD aluminum truck around. I notice they don't have the curb weight anywhere on the specs sheet.

Jump to 0:46:30 to watch the "unbreakable transparent metal" windows get shattered live on stage.

armored glass also shatters when hit...

about the design...at least it doesn't look generic?

armored glass also shatters when hit...

about the design...at least it doesn't look generic?

Except it looks like generic 90s videogame/70s C-movie futuretruck. Not in a good way, either.

And it has the "nope nope nope nope nope" feature that killed the first Ridgeline's sales as a truck (along with the El Camino and similar ideas - and eventually the Avalanche/Escalade EXT) - it does not have a bed that is easily replaced if damaged, or if the owner wants to put a different type bed on the rear. In the US truck market, the unified cab and bed has been the kiss of death in recent decades. Trucks that are used as trucks often get their bed damaged and one that can just be replaced in a couple hours for relatively minimal expense is preferred over one that will cost thousands of dollars to repair and be out of service for a week or more. On top of that, the crew cab appears to have been designed by someone who has never had adults in their back seat. The front seat head space doesn't look that great either.

As for the windows, looks like they need to go back to the drawing board for the synthetic sapphire they're using.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
#allofthenope.com

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? Agree 100% with all of the above comments.

This looks like the gummy spaceship you build in kingdom hearts in all it's 15 year old out of
date graphics glory. 10/10 on the comedy scale.

I almost wish people were stupid enough to buy them because seeing this absurdity drive by would make my day.

The best part of that reveal was the ATV.

I scrolled past the pic on my FB feed earlier and no joke thought that someone was messing around with 90s 3d rendering software...

My prediction, they will sell a lot of them at first due to novelty and being Teslas. Once sales die down, they'll release a second generation that is more like a regular truck.

My prediction, they will sell a lot of them at first due to novelty and being Teslas. Once sales die down, they'll release a second generation that is more like a regular truck.
Once the fanbois run out literally no one will buy this thing, anyone who needs a truck for truck purposes isn't likely to go electric in the first place but if they do F150 has an EV variant...

5i4clqvzw6041.png

Mine is that there will be a massive "WTF were you smoking?" backlash to the design of this thing and they will take it back to the drawing board and release something that's much more conventional but still obviously a Tesla product.

The live Youtube chat unanimously hated it the second it was revealed and you could hear disbelief in the audience... wow

Elon finally got high on his own supply and bought into his own marketing memery.

Interesting theory around the office. That’s their camo package for the mules. So they can roll around the streets like that testing the driveline and chassis without bulky cladding and zebra stripes, generate A METRIC FUCKTON of buzz..... then reveal a truck that wasn’t designed by a lunatic gone wild with 90s CAD in a year.

Last edited:
What if the shape was dictated by the material? Creating complicated forms on "Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel" would be harder than the usual automotive sheet metal?