Apparently I need an AWD/4WD car now

Back on a serious note, you can get an AWD Chrysler 300S with the ZF8. Nothing spectacular, but I'd say its a better alternative to the V6 Charger.

Yeah, the PP units all have the NAG trans as Chrysler never bothered to build an AWD unit for the Hemi-pattern 8-speed - AWD V8 wasn't popular enough to justify it.

I don't think its that since you can get a 392 SRT Durango with a ZF8 and AWD. Hell the Trackhawk is a thing too. I think its packaging thats the issue in the sedan - probably would need to go to a unique floor stamping.

Back on a serious note, you can get an AWD Chrysler 300S with the ZF8. Nothing spectacular, but I'd say its a better alternative to the V6 Charger.
That's a great idea! Had a rental one of those several years ago and it was great - nice and plush and comfy. Wiki says the 300 got the ZF8 as early as 2012.

I don't think its that since you can get a 392 SRT Durango with a ZF8 and AWD. Hell the Trackhawk is a thing too. I think its packaging thats the issue in the sedan - probably would need to go to a unique floor stamping.
Same for the base V8 in the Grand Cherokee - clearly Chrysler can do an 8-speed with a V8. I agree that it's probably a packaging issue.

Plenty of cheaper newer ones on Carvana. Can probably even use our mutual friend's referral coupon.

https://www.carvana.com/cars/chrysler-300/300

Personally I'd look at a 2017+ since those got Android Auto and Apple Carplay (Uconnect is the biggest downside of all Chrysler products for me). And overall the 2015+ facelift got a bunch of smaller updates making it a nicer car.

but it weighs 700lbs more than the 300S with the same engine/trans.

Ok and? That would suggest that the 300S is faster with the same engine/trans (which is is).

100% packaging issues, I should have been clearer that I was only referring to lack of AWD-V8 in the passenger cars. The AWD LXs used a very different AWD setup than the Durangos as the packaging needed to be way tighter and as a result the transfer case had to be smaller than the Durango design. The Durango AWD is based on a traditional truck-size transfer case with an AWD clutch, while the LX used a single-speed low-profile case that was specific to the platform. It didn't sell well so Mopar never revised it to mate to the 8spd.

Focus RS? Fusion Sport? MKZ Twin Turbo?

Used RSs are in the high 20s right now, with maybe a few of the more abused examples dropping into the mid 20s. Twin turbski MKZ is epic, but also in the high 20s right now - low 30s if you manage to find one with the Driver's Package, which is a must for that car.

I've driven a G35x it was rather enjoyable, very similar to my A4 (which was the car I was attempting to get rid of at the time)