Tesla Cybertruck

Ah, so a Cayman problem?

I still haven’t driven the new Raptor powered F150 Limited. That thing is supposed to be silly fast. Shame its limited to a 3.55 FDR. Throwing a 3.73 or even the Raptor’s 4.10 on that thing would make it insane.

I didn't know this was an option. Are these still 8.8" rears? Either way, a great swap is simple if reprogramming the speedo isn't a PITA.

I didn't know this was an option. Are these still 8.8" rears? Either way, a great swap is simple if reprogramming the speedo isn't a PITA.

Honestly I don't know what rear end it has. I'm guessing its a 9.75", but could be an 8.8". Regardless, an easy swap.

Thank you, Internet.

lifted-cybertruck.jpg

With all these electric trucks arriving I wonder if there is even a real market for them.

With all these electric trucks arriving I wonder if there is even a real market for them.

I can see one - delivery trucks for NAPA, etc. Short range local work, out to a local site/customer/etc and back to the commercial building where they can go back on a charger.

How big that market is... is another story entirely.

How big that market is... is another story entirely.

The most aggressive projection I've seen puts demand at 70k units per year for the first few years of availability.

Not to mention, as Thomas and Der Stig recently demonstrated, the F-150 is faster to 60+ than a Porsche Boxster.
Until you hit a corner.

Yes but in 'Murica it's about life a quarter of a mile at a time. Corners are irrelevant. ;)

Let’s face it, how often does one drive on fun windy roads during daily commute.

*laughs in Jeep Patriot*

You could watch the hood shake when in a crosswind or behind a semi truck, oh and you’re fighting the wheel...

I do. Shame gridlock means I do it at 2 MPH.

And how often on that drive are you dealing with any of the below?
If it weren't for the 30 mph speed limit and red lights, the main street near my house would be a ton of fun.
I do. Shame gridlock means I do it at 2 MPH.
Yeah that’s the other, even if road is fun traffic will kill it. There is a small highway between Brooklyn and Queens that wouldn’t be out of place in Initial D but because it’s narrow and between two massive boroughs if you want any fun you have to be there at like 3am

My commute is a really mixed bag. First 4 miles at steady 30, some highway at 60-70, a few roundabouts, some more 30 then a more open road with some decent curves at around 40-50 then some country lanes.

BUT if I take an alternative route to avoid the highway and part of the Chichester by-pass there is a lovely bit of smooth, swoopy stuff with a 60 limit.