BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

After this whole thing being shown as the farce it is, the Tories are still well ahead in the polls. How the fuck.

Because people are naive, gullible fuckwits.

Tories: Hey, Britain, don't worry about the fact that we've spent the last 10 years fucking you over, cutting public services and the NHS, killing people on benefits and endangering your lives by cutting police numbers, OK? We're going to (just about) give you back most of what we took from you, essentially what was yours in the first place, just so you forget about being fucked over for long enough to vote us into power again, then we have a licence to fuck you over in perpetuity once you give us the mandate to crash out of the EU with no deal or protections? Is that OK with you guys?
The Grunt British Public: Yeah, mate, whateva.

I know it's one week old but:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...e-to-refuse-second-scottish-independence-vote

PM gives 'cast-iron' pledge to refuse second Scottish independence vote

Boris Johnson has made a “cast iron” pledge that he will not grant Nicola Sturgeon the powers she needs to hold a second independence referendum, regardless of whether the Scottish National party (SNP) wins a majority of Scottish seats in December’s general election or if they win a pro-independence majority in the Holyrood elections of 2021.

This motherfucking asshole. The whole "the will of the people, respect democracy" tired old nonsense when it's about Brexit, but fuck the will of the people and fuck democracy when it comes to someone else's desires.

I sincerely hope Scotland does leave the UK through proper means if Brexit does happen, and I would dearly wish that Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland reach an understanding and unite again.

Last edited:
Could Brexit lead to Scottish independence and a united Ireland?
I certainly hope so. They never voted for this nonsense, are constantly ignored unless an issue of theirs affects England and would in all likelihood be better off in the EU than out of it. I’m also wondering about Gibraltar, but theirs is a very different situation.

'It is not too late': Andrew Neil challenges Johnson to commit to interview: 'It is not too late'

Boris Johnson retreats into fridge to avoid TV interview #FridgeGate

Exit poll in Scotland has the SNP at 55 out of 59 seats.

The way things are going there could Scottish Independence and a United Ireland before Boris gets anything done.

Which leads me to the question: Can Scottish independence be refused by the UK government?

Scotland's going to be an interesting question - aside from any political considerations, the UK has several critical military facilities in Scotland that they can't replace/move in a timely fashion.

That said, the Scots had an independence referendum as recently as 2014 and the answer was "no" by a significant margin. Voting in the SNP may not actually be a prelude to secession but more of a desire for a Scotland-first program amongst their elected officials while still remaining in the UK. Or it could be the usual demand for political horsetrading. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it will bear careful observation to see what they're going to do. The SNP could push for another independence referendum and get an answer from the electorate that they didn't want - would not be the first time.

As for glorious... it was glorious in at least one way - seeing just how wrong the "common wisdom," "accurate polls," talking heads and all the other gleeful media idiots were. According to them, the election was supposed to be a tsunami in Labour's favor - but it seems to have been the exact opposite. Now they look like the partisan imbeciles they really are.

I remember when the media refused to take sides in most elections and at least tried to be objective and unbiased. Maybe they should consider returning to that standard if they don't like looking like morons.

Glorious for whom, exactly?

Which leads me to the question: Can Scottish independence be refused by the UK government?

Probably can do it for a while as a Scottish independence referendum was held in 2014, and its supposed to be a once in a generation thing. Doubt SNP will wait that long. Boris led Tory Government will only increase demand for another vote.

Northern Ireland also voted for Remain candidates, the first time Unionist candidates weren't in the majority.

Probably can do it for a while as a Scottish independence referendum was held in 2014, and its supposed to be a once in a generation thing. Doubt SNP will wait that long. Boris led Tory Government will only increase demand for another vote.

Northern Ireland also voted for Remain candidates, the first time Unionist candidates weren't in the majority.

Personally, I think that whether the UK left the EU or remained, it should have worked out a deal with the Irish government to reunify Northern Ireland with the rest of the island with protections for the Protestants, etc., and left. The UK does not need to be in Ireland and there's no real justification for a continued presence once protections are in place.

It was rich to see the UK condemning Russia for their recent military adventures in the Crimea when the justifications Russia used are the same ones that the UK used to justify Northern Ireland.

As for the SNP - they might be well advised to wait until at least 2024 if not later for another referendum. They might not like the answer they get from their own voters if they don't.

As for glorious... it was glorious in at least one way - seeing just how wrong the "common wisdom," "accurate polls," talking heads and all the other gleeful media idiots were. According to them, the election was supposed to be a tsunami in Labour's favor - but it seems to have been the exact opposite. Now they look like the partisan imbeciles they really are.

I remember when the media refused to take sides in most elections and at least tried to be objective and unbiased. Maybe they should consider returning to that standard if they don't like looking like morons.

Not sure how you call it glorious.

They are still hiding the economic impact assessments of Brexit.

Still hiding the intelligence reports on Brexit.

Considering all the areas ravaged by Tory austerity will now have five more years of it and probably be hit hardest by Brexit.

Boris Johnson's biggest achievement so far was the London riots, hope he doesn't surpass that.