Ownership Verified: Something something bluemotion something BMW. It's not a 116i.

So, made it there and back from Maribor! On the way back I hit up some back roads in the Austrian Alps and had a blast!

The total trip fuel economy was okay, I drove very agressively on the way home, much of the autobahn was flat out, as was the Austrian Alps!

I had some fun on the motorway, I discovered that the car is almost identically paced with a Porsche Panamera 4S - Except he has no top-speed limiter and I do!

So, it has earned this sticker:

Proof!

The time was a pretty slow and careful 9m 9s ... I know, I know, we shouldn't talk about lap times. But wanting to know how long it takes you from one point to the next is absolutely not the same as having a timer up and actively pushing to beat your previous delta in that section.

There is also a shakycam video of it which is not really worth the watch but will serve as a nice memory for me:

Last edited:
You're living almost next to the 'ring and it took you this long to take it for a lap? I'm disgusted... :p

Eye-Q;n3549774 said:
You're living almost next to the 'ring and it took you this long to take it for a lap? I'm disgusted... :p

Took me a while to build up confidence to lap it uninsured :)

My cousin and sister are over from New Zealand and the track was really quiet, so I figured it was as good a time as any to lap it!

So, I took it out for another 4 laps, two on Monday 6th evening with Adrian - I timed one lap and it was 8m 36s - It was the slower of the two laps!

I did one lap on Thursday 9th in the evening with a full car, I did not time it.

Then on Saturday I went for one more lap with a nearly full car, at 170 or so the rear tire decided to delaminate!

Nothing bad happened, just some noises - I immediately slowed down and cruised to the end of the lap at 80 or so.

I was able to limp it back to the campsite, where Adamar took me home to grab the winter tires so I could use the car in the next week or two before new tires are fitted!

In the end I learned a lot about tires and also how the car wears the outside of the fronts and the inside of the rears - So in future I know where to look! All in all though, the Michelin Pilot Supersports lasted for 30,000 odd KMs of my driving... That is SUPER awesome!

loose_unit;n3552281 said:
I did one lap on Thursday 9th in the evening with a full car, I did not time it.

Then on Saturday I went for one more lap with a nearly full car, at 170 or so the rear tire decided to delaminate!

I've got a very shaky video from the back seat. I need to get around to posting it.

CrzRsn;n3552328 said:
I've got a very shaky video from the back seat. I need to get around to posting it.

Make it so!

I found myself on a ring video for the 5th of August with Adrian in the car - I did 2 laps that day! It's of me trying my best to keep up with two ring taxis... It was an epic few laps!

https://youtu.be/BxD9EI76eHg?t=419

New boots on, Michilen Pilot Supersports again, only €700 fitted as the price has come down a lot for the tires themselves.

Somewhere in the region of 30,000km of my high speed driving, they lasted so well!

If they're that cheap, I might look into them as a replacement for the Pirellis when the time comes. Although those have fared very well too.

IceBone;n3552679 said:
If they're that cheap, I might look into them as a replacement for the Pirellis when the time comes. Although those have fared very well too.

As far as I know, the replacement is the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

But honestly, I have nothing to complain about with the Pilot SuperSports. They lasted 30 odd thousand kms of very hard driving and provide amazing grip in dry/wet ... Price be damned!

So, winter tires went on for winter - I had some fun doing some drifting in the snow!

I went to Berlin and back with the car for the Finnmeet trip and achieved this on the way home with winter tires, limiting me to 210:

And I hate salt:

Today the summer tires went on, the last swap of tires I will have with the car...

I have completed around 48,000 km with the car and it has been flawless with the exception of the washer fluid sensor doing weird stuff and the rusty exaust tips ... The new ones are rusted too :rolleyes: (These were fixed by BMW, of course)

I have decided to essentially park this car except for fun weekend runs to the Eifel for now and replace it with something else ... With the expected KMs that I will be driving I can easily cover the insurance and tax costs on another car which I will need to buy at the end of this year anyway, so it's a bit of a no brainer.

The car won't be attending Ringmeet this year, so I guess the next update will be me handing the car back in December!

I sure as hell will miss it though ...

First update in a while here, I got the front brakes serviced today so I can now take it out for a blast occassionally!

Just under €1k for rotors+pads for the front.

They even washed it for me!

So after 3 years and somewhere around 52,400km the 140i went back to BMW.

The bill was less than expected. Although the final speeding ticket and probably driving ban makes up for that :-D

It has been an awesome 3 years and I will miss it a lot! Although, in the last year the ever hanging threat of the extra-km bill kept me from enjoying the car properly I still loved it!

It's such a shame that this was BMW's last RWD hot-hatch.

Speeding ticket?

I'm sorry for laughing, as that's likely quite inconvenient, but it's incredibly on-brand for you, and a rather proper sendoff for the little rocket. <3

Well done!