The "Things that annoy me" thread

Amazon, can you please make up your mind about that parcel you were supposed to deliver last Friday? I know that some of your staff are on strike, but "please contact us if it doesn't arrive by Wednesday" is a bit weak on a Tuesday!

Who owns Brother these days? We have three of the same unit in different places and the work as described with Mac and PC.
I got it to work with my antique MacBook Pro, but as for my wife's rather newer one, B&W via PCL is the best it will do. It's good enough as a workaround for the time being, but I won't be buying much toner for it.

Amazon, can you please make up your mind about that parcel you were supposed to deliver last Friday? I know that some of your staff are on strike, but "please contact us if it doesn't arrive by Wednesday" is a bit weak on a Tuesday!

Had some crazy shit happen with a set of packages 2 weeks ago. Both packages were supposed to be delivered by Amazon on Tuesday that week, but didn't go out for delivery until 4PM. The tracking screen in the app got updated from "guaranteed delivery by 8pm" to "guaranteed delivery by 10pm." Not sure its a good idea to have strangers in vans going around quit neighborhoods at 10pm, but whatever. Neither of those were deliver that night. Got one the next morning and a notification that the second was lost. The second package contained 2 books. Requested a replacement and was told they would be delivered by Friday. For some reason they split the replacement order into 2 separate packages (both handled by Amazon). One was delivered by Friday as promised, but the second wasn't. At that point I called them to complain because the books were supposed to be a gift and Saturday would be too late. They sent me a refund for the first package that came late and the first book that came late, but said they wouldn't refund me the 2nd book because it was still in transit. 5 minutes after hanging up, I get an email notification from UPS that I have an overnight package from Amazon scheduled for Monday. No clue what that was, but figured I'd deal with it when I got there. Got the 2nd book on Saturday morning. Then on Monday I found that the UPS package had a 2nd copy of both books. Called them back asking what was going on because I had not requested a 2nd copy of either book. They just refunded me the 2nd book and told me to keep all 4.

Being sick.

Being sick for 3 days...

Having the doc say "Hmm, not sure what this is. Just keep hydrated and get plenty of rest".

I am going back to bed.

Yup, the human equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and turning back on again?"

My solution to that..... chicken noodle soup, strong black tea with sugar and copious amounts of lemon. And by that I mean 1/4 to 1/3rd of a whole lemon in the mug. Its more lemon with tea than tea with lemon. Usually gives my body the kickstart it needs for recovery.

Yup, the human equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and turning back on again?"

Pretty much this. At least this seems to be breaking.

My solution to that..... chicken noodle soup, strong black tea with sugar and copious amounts of lemon. And by that I mean 1/4 to 1/3rd of a whole lemon in the mug. Its more lemon with tea than tea with lemon. Usually gives my body the kickstart it needs for recovery.

I already do a variation of this, but honey is better than sugar.

Pho is good too if you're willing to be adventurous.

I hear cocaine and whisky solve a lot of problems.

Pho is good too if you're willing to be adventurous.

I find pho broth too sweet. A good spicy ramen though hits the spot too and clears the sinuses while its at it.

I already do a variation of this, but honey is better than sugar.

Fact. Honey has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. And if you have a daily teaspoon of honey that's made locally to you it can help prevent or even cure hay fever.

I guess that's why you never hear a bee sneeze.

Customers who phone up and whinge for the sake of it, presumably because their lives are that empty.

"My car was supposed to be collected this morning but nobody's turned up...."

It's 9.52am, you dozy bitch.

eBay had a 10% eBayBucks deal. Bought a textbook for my class next semester a few days ago. Just got a notification that the order was cancelled and refunded. Went to go buy another copy of the book, but the 10% eBayBucks deal is over and back down to the regular rewards rate of 1%. Still need to order the book, but its annoying because with the cost of textbooks, 10% was actually a substantial return.

When do you need to have the book by? If they run discounts codes as frequently as they do here, give it a week and you’ll have another chance.

When do you need to have the book by? If they run discounts codes as frequently as they do here, give it a week and you’ll have another chance.

We’ve only been getting 8-10%s about once a month which is too long to wait for me. Ended up ordering a copy off Amazon that was only slightly more expensive and get 5% back with my Amazon card.

That certainly is annoying. An Amazon cashback card would be nice, we don't get that here. Prime is still a good deal, however.

I'm absolutely livid with the trains in my area at the moment. The past two weeks have been nothing but delays and fuck-ups: 25 minutes this evening, an hour last week, a couple of 20 minute delays and to cap it off I missed my stop last week because the PA system on the train was faulty and didn't tell me that the door wasn't going to open despite the platform being there. They upgraded the platform for longer trains but haven't opened half of it yet and apparently the coach I was in wasn't fully platformed.

I have a plan and it involves getting my damn money back from the train company.

Looks like there is one, but its only 1.5% back for eligible Prime members, whatever that means.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Platinum-Mastercard/dp/B01LSOD0ZI

Thanks, that may be worth having. I was aware of the card but didn't realise it had any rewards whatsoever, I rarely use my current card now that the 0% interest window has passed. I did just put something on it that would get me more than 1000 reward points, however, so that's a bit annoying.

Everybody seems to have abandonned the sub 55" (and even mostly the sub 50") TV size.

Manufacturers are only offering some of the more premium features in TV's starting at 50", or more often 55". Deal sites (like Slickdeals and Ben's Bargains) aren't even reporting prices on anything smaller than 55" anymore.

I'm in the market for a bedroom TV at the 43-45" size, but want as good of a "dark room" experience as possible, which basically means local dimming, idealy full-array. 10-12 zones of local dimming is actually more of a "con" than a "pro", as it gets very distracting when you see large areas turn on and off. Options for full-array are few and far between in the sub 55" classes.

I actually had a 49" TV in my bedroom while the living room was being remodelled, and it was just too big (expecially on my taller storage piece). We had a 32" before (but it had the front-facing speakers, so the chassis was closer to a 39-40") and it was fine, but wouldn't mind a few extra inches in the bedroom*.

xpcv28tuztqz.png