All your cars are belong to us

You sure picked a strange hill to die on.

I thought this thread was about cars with always connected and reporting data...

And you thought FG could stay on topic? ?

I thought this thread was about cars with always connected and reporting data...
TBH I kind of don't understand how the data collection and that acceleration thing Toyota is doing related, it's not obvious that they are using connected features to collect data.

The world keeps turning and people continue to be idiots.

Don't know why people think it's sensible to leave the engine running while they go off and do something, I don't think it's anything to do with keyless fobs either because these people would probably just leave the key in the ignition so they don't have to shut off the engine.

The world keeps turning and people continue to be idiots.

Don't know why people think it's sensible to leave the engine running while they go off and do something, I don't think it's anything to do with keyless fobs either because these people would probably just leave the key in the ignition so they don't have to shut off the engine.

More than once I have come across a vehicle running in my neighborhood and gone to the door to let them know and was told they were running it to charge their cell phone.

Key left in car, car gets stolen. How is this news?
The situation has left law enforcement struggling to keep up with a deluge of car thefts; in some places, the endless caseload has threatened to overburden smaller police departments.

So maybe this guy left it running to keep the AC running for the dog? Maybe he needs an electric car.

Tesla Car Hacked Remotely From Drone via Zero-Click Exploit​

“This attack does not yield drive control of the car though.”

They showed how an attacker could use a drone to launch an attack via Wi-Fi to hack a parked car and open its doors from a distance of up to 100 meters (roughly 300 feet). They claimed the exploit worked against Tesla S, 3, X and Y models.