Balkan 2020 Roadtrip - Pre-Ringmeet

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Balkan 2.0 road trip planned for pre-ringmeet shenanigans. Working titles: Hindsight 2020, FUCK 'EM, and We Have a Roadtrip?

When: Offically Monday 27 July. I was instructed to arrive a day early. Starting city is Zabjak, Croatia. Closest airport is Zagreb (ZAG)

Planning to finish Wednesday and drive from Ulm to Viktoria Station Thursday.

More details in the Google Doc though accommodation suggestions haven't been listed yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...21d03pj7GRFX2Oiq_ub2VB7Xi84/edit?usp=drivesdk

I am not the planner, just trying to move things from Telegram to the forums to make it easier to find information. Though, I am planning to go, flight is booked, vacation time blocked out.

Questions? Direct them to @nicjasno @IceBone @47 and I think @DaBoom

Last edited:
I'm mainly responsible for the current route suggestion, yes. Though at the moment I'm not even sure if I can afford to join.

I'm mainly responsible for the current route suggestion, yes. Though at the moment I'm not even sure if I can afford to join.
gasp!

I'm definitely not joining.Well, maybe just for the Rama Lake part, so 2-3 days. But due to other things going on, participating in the whole roadtrip is at this point a nice dream.
Besides,even if I could, maja would actually take my place, since I had a go 2 years ago :D

START POINT: may or may not be žabjak. There was talk about Krško, Slovenia (120km away) but things are still in the works.

Can't promise shenaningans at my place like last time, especially if we join you for a couple of days. Dinner and a few drinks, room to sleep, yes. Sauna, pool, cakes and booze, not so much. :mrgreen:

Just a place to gather would be plenty. That's the hardest part to arrange for a big group anyway. And I'm all for restricting alcohol use (as a non drinker :mrgreen: ), makes getting going the next day that much easier.

I'm in, and if need be, I can help organising (as much as possible from Germany and without any knowledge of the local languages).

Currently my choice of vehicle is undecided, because a summer holiday with shorts and t-shirt would be a nice change to the fully suited up days from last time. ;)

In any case, I will arrive sometime on the Sunday at the starting point, after a two to two-and-a-half day pre-roadtrip from my place.

@47 - as was already said, just a place to gather and sleep would be fine. Dinner at the restaurant is already a good bonus. :)

Organising a trip and then not attending... Where have we heard this before?

So far, I'm firmly planning to attend again, with the MX-5. Same as DanRoM, I'm ready to offer help with organisation, with the same restrictions applied :p

Currently my choice of vehicle is undecided, because a summer holiday with shorts and t-shirt would be a nice change to the fully suited up days from last time. ;)
Doit! NC in the Balkans is awesome, I have no doubts the ND will be even better.

To the point and honest, at least we know what we can expect. I'm testing the Alfa this time, it's a fairly used car now, so if I dent it a bit it's not a big problem, right? :mrgreen:
Not for me, but maybe for you that have to pay norwegian prices for repairs ;)

I'm planning to be there again. Still trying to figure out what to do beforehand....

We'd love to join as the Balkans is one of our favourite parts of the world, but long term plans dictate alternative vacation arrangements this year so no roadtrip or Ringmeet for us in 2020.

I am interested in this. I've been eager to visit Montenegro for quite a while now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. I am not 100% sure I'll be able to make it, however. Mostly because the car I'd like to take on that trip (my dad's Yugo) needs some work done before it's roadtrip-worthy, and the parts, believe it or not, are not that easy to find anymore in Croatia. New parts aren't sold here any more, and most of the scrapyard Yugos seem to be living their second lives as household appliances.

Well, believe it or not, passengering will be possible (not with me though, my luggage space will be maxed out with my stuff :D ). Just in case your car is not ready.

I'd be cool with that as well. We'll see, late July is a long time away after all.

*cries*

Please add yourself to the GoogleDoc in the first post and confirm you are coming. Bookings need to be made.

Added myself. As I mentioned already, if the Yugo will be roadtrip-worthy by July, I'm taking it. If not, I'm willing to passenger.

Could someone add me to the Telegram group? I could do with more info on the roadtrip.