Ringmeet 2020 - A clear case of Carownervirus!

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Something something same shit different year? :mrgreen:

Ringmeet 2020 will be held on the second weekend of August when the Oldtimer Grand Prix is happening. That'd be 6th to 10th August 2019, the core being Friday-Sunday 7th-9th.

Ringmeet 2019: Aug 6-10th
Location, as always: Camping Viktoria Station in Kreuzberg.
Hotelfaggery: Landgasthof Weihs, Hotel Faltin, Wurstkessel (yes, our Restaurant has guest rooms) and whatever else people can recommend.

Roadtrips: Balkan 2020 Roadtrip - Pre-Ringmeet

Ring opening times:
Thu: 17:15 - 19:30
Fri: closed
Sat: 13:00–19:00
Sun: 13:00–19:00
Mon: 17:15–19:30 (NS + GP-Track!)

Pubquiz: !?!?
Saturday dinner will once again be at our regular restaurant, Im Wurstkessel.
Awards: ?!?!

I will start Endesfelder's List now with whatever details people provide in this thread here, or tell me directly via PM or Telegram. As usual, the details I am looking for depend on where you stay:
Hotel -> nothing, just tell me you'll be there.
Camping -> day of arrival and departure, car/bike/none

Oh and one more thing!
Payment update!

After about a decade, they have raised their prices slightly, and I adjusted ours and rounded up accordingly. We are talking about 1 euro per day and person. That includes the stay and the electricity share. The latter also explains why I rounded up to 24 Euros for the Hotel people. Electricity is mostly due to the Frailer, and I think that has earned its stay ;)

Cheers
Thomas

I will again hotelfagging at Weihs, having emailed him over New Years directly instead of through his website which seems to still be broken.

If the account is the same, expect €24 in a couple days.

camping like always, and since i just changed jobs, i assume i can awesome amount of vacation so, thu-mon for me for now.

Thursday to Sunday for me... same procedure as every year :)

@_Jules_ and I will support team Finland in designing the pub quiz.

Also, we are hotelfagging Fri to Sun.

Standard plan for me as well: hotel Thu-Mon after arriving with the roadtrip group. Maybe bringing both cars this year if I can work out the logistics aka. find someone to drive one from and to Frankfurt :)

Would love to join and will be a first-timer.

I’ll read some of the available info later when I’m not stuck between jet lag and exhaustion.

Last edited:

I’ll read some of the available info later when I’m not stuck between jet lag and exhaustion.

You should. If nothing else, there’s cool cars at the ring. Just don’t use the toilets at Devils Diner unless it is an emergency situation. The smell was so bad last summer that a track Marshall lit a cigarette down there and I was actually relieved to smell that instead.

For me it’s a nice place to go and one place I can absolutely unplug for reality since it is completely different from regular life.

I will be there, coming in with the roadtrip crew on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. Current plan is to sleep at a hotel, but that might change depending on the vehicle choice and camping situation for the roadtrip (read: if I go by car and have camping gear with me, I might as well use it).

So, for now:
Dan, thu - sun, hotel.

I fully approve of this plan. You really don't have distance as an excuse not to come, after all. :p ;)

I'll be there making the place untidy as usual, I intend to go for the entire weekend without having to fix something on my car too. We'll see how that works out.

Unless anything changes it'll be Thu-Mon, car and tent.

Just don’t use the toilets at Devils Diner unless it is an emergency situation. The smell was so bad last summer that a track Marshall lit a cigarette down there and I was actually relieved to smell that instead.

That's rule one of SADN at the entrance, the last time I went in there they wanted money to use them too!

"Matt2000, post: 3577539, member: 10927"That's rule one of SADN at the entrance, the last time I went in there they wanted money to use them too!

Never had that, it’s always stunk to high heaven...

Feels weird in a way not to be going but we won't be seeing you this year. Hope you all have fun and I'll keep my fingers crossed for decent weather for you.

It actually looks like I'll be missing this one, guys. Of all the weekends available, this is the one we have to use to re-decorate and tidy up our place :rolleyes:

There's a slight chance I might make it, but don't count on it.

It actually looks like I'll be missing this one, guys. Of all the weekends available, this is the one we have to use to re-decorate and tidy up our place :rolleyes:

There's a slight chance I might make it, but don't count on it.
Selling?

I'd actually also suggest a visit here: https://burg-eltz.de/en/ for the tourist day Friday, for anyone interested. It's just over an hour away from the campsite.
I'm in. As long as it doesn't clash with the go-carting that we never have been able to plan right

No, it's rented. We want to swap our and kids' bedrooms + do a bunch of other things and this is the only weekend when we're in DE and the girls in CZ with their grandparents.

As I told Danrom and Larsway during Icetrack Meet, there is a fancy/interesting Motorbike shop nearby (20km from the campsite), that might work as small activity, when someone gets bored on saturday or any other day. They only offer BMW's, but they also customize them themselves. If I remember correctly, all of the bikes displayed are actually registered so maby even a test drive can be arranged if one askes nicely ... and acts trustworthy :p.

Thats their Website: https://www.wunderlich.de/en/