Random Thoughts....

I don’t. When I started going to a chiropractor 8 years ago, he advised that. Before I had adjustments done, it was not a big deal to drive with my wallet in my back pocket while driving. Since then it’s impossible since everything straightened.
well clearly you need to go back because you dislocated your butt :(

...I am only half joking I have to go at least once a week because such things happen to me a lot

We were just shaken out of bed by a 5.7 earthquake. It's been an hour and we are still getting aftershocks in the 3.8-3.9 range. Some parts of the city are without power, including the west side and downtown.

If this is what 2020 has to offer in the first quarter, I want out before we get to the season finale.

"Dinner and a Double Murder" sounds like a fun dark comedy.

Reactions: MWF
We were just shaken out of bed by a 5.7 earthquake. It's been an hour and we are still getting aftershocks in the 3.8-3.9 range. Some parts of the city are without power, including the west side and downtown.

If this is what 2020 has to offer in the first quarter, I want out before we get to the season finale.

But then you'll miss the cliffhanger ending. :p

I'm surprisingly comfortable with that. I'm starting to feel like a Sim and my user is bored.

Well, nature can do without us, it doesn't care if we're there or not.

Maybe this is it's attempt to get rid of us as a species...

Things that happened this week:
  • More COVID-19
  • More panic buying
  • Earthquake and several days of aftershocks (had another one today)
  • Bomb threat at one of our facilities
  • Creeping existential dread following the realization that this really is just the middle of the beginning.
  • Possible gas leak at my main office, forcing an evacuation
  • Trying to adjust to 100% telehealth model and working from home
Now I'm sitting here at this disaster of a cobbled-together workstation with a glass of Kavalan King Car Single Malt and an a Google Play Music station on "Acoustic Versions of Rock Songs." Later I might switch to bourbon and my "Strong Cup of Coffee" playlist.

Fuck this week.

Last edited:
I’m trying not to be alone with my thoughts. I don’t want to perpetuate that we’re headed for a long drawn out shitty season, but that doesn’t mean it won’t cross my mind that we’re fucked for a while.

Not sure if it’s because I changed positions at work but it sure feels like whether I’m at work or home, I’m more stressed with things. Could be what’s going on in society?

We humans like to think we are great at compartmentalizing our stress; actually we are utter shit at it. All our stress goes into one big pot and once it's in there you can't separate it out from the rest.

Do you then go back to Day One if you come into contact with an infected person?

Now we felt a stone earthquake on top of everything that's going on. Family members from Zagreb say that things fell off the shelves and walls cracked. Apparently it's a 5.5 earthquake on Richter scale, 7 km north from Zagreb.

What on Earth is going on these days?

EDIT: It's not benign at all...

IMG-20200322-WA0002.jpg

4c41c6ad-20db-4982-8459-0a5d57a60d39.jpg

Last edited: