Covid 19 CRISIS

XfhN2YT.jpeg

Michigan is Now at 65 cases.

The panic is starting to set in here. I had a few calls from friends looking for firearms and a possible place to bug out to. Take a deep breath and think things through people.

The panic is starting to set in here. I had a few calls from friends looking for firearms and a possible place to bug out to. Take a deep breath and think things through people.

People I don't want to be near.

People I don't want to be near.
They aren't exactly wrong to be thinking of worst possible scenario. If it gets bad enough being somewhere sparsely populated and armed is not a bad idea.

Only reason I haven't fucked off from the city is because wife is medical and has to go in to work.

People need to chill, we've basically been on lockdown for 3 weeks in Milan, every week with more restrictions.

I go to the supermarket several times a week, shelves are fully stocked, people are calm and collected, no hoarding, keeping distance and making the best of it.

I hope the more enlightened Americans try to talk sense in to their less informed friends, convince them this isn't then end of the world, we'll get through this too. Seems before this all people wanted to do was netflix and chill, now you are actually just being asked to do that, with a clear conscience.

I hope the more enlightened Americans try to talk sense in to their less informed friends, convince them this isn't then end of the world,
But we can't go see them!

My concern is less the pandemic itself but rather the long term economic effects. This is very likely to be much worse than 2008.

@avanti I don't know how the media is there, but it always tends whip up anxiety in people and induce panic buying. Social media only compounds the issue.

CDC and the US gooberment went from being fairly complacent to holy shit overnight when the economy started tanking.

Granted, I've been lassiez faire myself, just increasing frequency of hand washing and avoiding touching my face. But with how things have been getting close to home now, avoiding social contact is now on the menu.

I go to the supermarket several times a week, shelves are fully stocked, people are calm and collected, no hoarding, keeping distance and making the best of it.
Honestly, that's what it's like here too but unfortunately the media keeps spinning this as if people are having shootouts over toilet paper.

@avanti I don't know how the media is there, but it always tends whip up anxiety in people and induce panic buying. Social media only compounds the issue.

CDC and the US gooberment went from being fairly complacent to holy shit overnight when the economy started tanking.

Granted, I've been lassiez faire myself, just increasing frequency of hand washing and avoiding touching my face. But with how things have been getting close to home now, avoiding social contact is now on the menu.
If it bleeds, it leads. I know, and although the media is bad here, its not like "over there".

Its 2020, don't need to go visit people to reassure them things are gonna be ok. People only need to modify their lives for a few of weeks, doesn't seem like that big a sacrifice to save a bunch of old folks.

QI2rBz9.jpeg

With Irish bars being closed on St. Patrick's Day, they had to get creative.

Down to just 3 rolls of TP. Shelves still empty.

7 days max until I have to floss my arse with a tetchy Yorkshire Terrier and pray he survives the spin cycle.

Down to just 3 rolls of TP. Shelves still empty.

7 days max until I have to floss my arse with a tetchy Yorkshire Terrier and pray he survives the spin cycle.

I have 5.5 rolls left before my Tesco delivery on the 28th. Earliest and only slot I could find online.