Covid 19 CRISIS

If we come in contact with a person should we reset our quarantine to zero days?

Seriously though

So what youre one of those let dairy die crazies? What am I supposed to do with my milkshakes.

Eh wha? English please.

9444901.jpg

So am I on day one now

Cuomo was praising Trump's response just last week. Even Ilhan Omar had a lot of positive feedback for POTUS.
Was he? This is what I saw last week at least. https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...k-at-trump-youre-supposed-to-be-the-president

In other news GM is making ventilators now, the rest of the factories that can really need to start too

NYC has the dubious honor of being COVID epicenter, 5% of total global cases and 50% of US cases, thing that do not surprise me in the least... I was really hoping to fuck off from here before something like that happened.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...-now-an-epicenter-of-the-pandemic/ar-BB11y9n2

Last edited:
Cuomo was praising Trump's response just last week. Even Ilhan Omar had a lot of positive feedback for POTUS.
Because he knows that Trump will cut off federal aid unless you flatter him. Trump already cut off NYC's access to Global Entry.

Because he knows that Trump will cut off federal aid unless you flatter him. Trump already cut off NYC's access to Global Entry.

Of all things to cut access to... I'm SO GLAD he's not petty. Sounds more like school yard antics to me.

ZW9M8rX.png

Even if it's a doctored photo, it's still funny. :D

I knew Blue Nun was bad, but I wouldn't have suspected four bottles would require that much toilet paper.

Today is the second consecutive day in which the official data show a reduction in the numbers of daily new infections and deaths in Italy.

The data is actually a bit abrupt, so even if they show a reduction, I feel like something is a little off.

Also because: my region is still seeing an increment in daily new cases (the steepness of the curve is 1.15, just like yesterday), but both the number of deaths and ICU patients are stable and have been for two/three days now. (+980 case today, for a total of 8135 cases and 892 total deaths. On a population of 4,5 million people).

Partly good news, it seems.

Last edited:
Of all things to cut access to... I'm SO GLAD he's not petty. Sounds more like school yard antics to me.
This is off topic but the reason Global Entry access was cut was because the state allowed illegals to obtain driver's licenses and in the same law forbade the DMV from disclosing someone's immigration status. So the TSA (or DHS) said that since they can't verify legal status of NY'ers they won't allow us to use GE anymore.

^ there is a forum for that discussion

UK advises all UK travelers to come home and BoJo is going to have an address soon

All you can do is protect yourself the best you can and do as you're told.

I sold a truck this weekend and the guy was like, "I had it back in December, it's just the flu, the media is making too much of it." All the Fox talking points, hurray...

"I had it back in December, it's just the flu, the media is making too much of it."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) today confirmed the first case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the United States in the state of Washington. Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I have heard a few liars that I ignored as wishful thinking but after its goes beyond 1 million dead people will start to get it. Oh a scoutmaster of mine died of "complications of health" which im thinking is code for we dont test the dead.

From my observation the quarantine isnt working. The numbers are going up and friends and family are now loosening up.

One of the reasons why this situation is bad is that what you do now will show its effects two weeks from now.

Italy has been quarantined from March 9. It has just started to show an improvement.

One of the reasons why this situation is bad is that what you do now will show its effects two weeks from now.

So this is my issue and why I asked if each contact should reset the clock to zero. I get home to my boyfriend and his brother talking in the living room later a friend dropped off a trash bag full of limes and lemons and chit chat in the kitchen. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. Their not taking it seriously. Not keeping 6 foot away. My boyfriend was like then stay in the bedroom WE SLEEP TOGETHER! if you get it from them you give it to me. Leave it outside and move along. Oh but that rude. We have a video door bell talk though that! You have FaceTime. It's not just that I don't want the coronavirus as they think the 14 days runs even if you rolled around in spit on day 13.

Hospitals are getting hit hard and so am I.

Any elective surgery stuff is done now, even more serious stuff like MRI, ultrasound, cath labs, are getting their hours seriously reduced. Which means that my contractors are getting terminated.

Up to 3 so far today. Bleh.

So this is my issue and why I asked if each contact should reset the clock to zero.

If you do the quarantine for yourself, technically yes, you should reset. If you do the quarantine for others, then, theoretically, they should quarantine too, as they came into contact with you.

It's near OCD levels of control, but it's how forward this horrible virus could work. Studies show that the standard incubation time is more like 5-7 days, after which the probabilities drop significantly; but they do not reach 0 until after AT LEAST 14 days (cases of infection have been reported at 12-13-14 days, if I am not mistaken).

I get home to my boyfriend and his brother talking in the living room later a friend dropped off a trash bag full of limes and lemons and chit chat in the kitchen. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. Their not taking it seriously. Not keeping 6 foot away. My boyfriend was like then stay in the bedroom WE SLEEP TOGETHER! if you get it from them you give it to me. Leave it outside and move along. Oh but that rude. We have a video door bell talk though that! You have FaceTime. It's not just that I don't want the coronavirus as they think the 14 days runs even if you rolled around in spit on day 13.

Yep. Technically, quarantine means that you should start over counting. But real quarantine also means something is really not working in your situation.

If you are trying to protect yourself from infection, each person within 6 feet from you (or from any person who comes into close contact with you) is a - POSSIBLE - risk, each place which is not safe is at risk, each object, including the clothes and phone you go out or come home with are POTENTIAL risks. And parts of your body, like your hands or other exposed aeas, are POTENTIAL risks too, if you then put them in contact with your face.

HOWEVER: the less you (or any person who comes into close contact with you) interact with people, the lower the risk. The less people you meet or have around you, the lower the risk. The higher the distance, the lower the risk. The less physical contact, the lower the risk. The less you stay indoors in places with other people, the better. The less you touch around, the better. The less you touch your face, the better. The more frequently you wash your hands, the better. The more you clean the places and objects you frequent/stay in/use, the better.

So, for the average person, it's not a question of what takes away the risk, but of what reduces it enough. Keep in mind the risk is incremental, so for most people it should be enough to avoid touching their face (in general or at least with not freshly-washed hands), to wash or sanitize their hands (and phone!) frequently, to avoid sharing personal objects with others and to keep a 6 feet distance from anyone who does not do those things.

Each breaching of the rules means a higher risk, not a certainty, but you won't be sure of the effect until 1-2 weeks later. To keep anxiety in check, it must be said that most of the times a standard person taking the right precautions is not going to come dangerously in contact with the virus, unless they are in a zone where the virus is really spreading; this, however, is not technically quarantine, it's more like how to reasonably protect yourself but still go on with what part of your life it's still not forbidden, which is what people should do here in Italy, for example.

Things change A LOT if you are specifically dealing with infected people, in which case the protocol is way stricter and each breach is extremely dangerous.

If you decide to really quarantine, so if you decide to fully isolate yourself for 14 days, it may be to either avoid getting infected or to avoid infecting other people; If it is the first one, then your boyfriend is canceling it out in each one of those instances. If it is the second one, so if YOU are infected or are quarantined because you were in contact with an infected person, then your boyfriend, his brother and your friend are at risk and now they should quarantine too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Herd immunity was something cooked up by BJ's "special advisors". It had no foot in science at all. Thankfully that has completely changed.

Now, just get me one of those antibody tests. I've had quite short breath for getting up to 1.5 week now without coughing which I have never experienced before as an asthmatic. Would be nice to validate if I have/have had this thing or not.

^ like woken from sleep needing to take a deep breath because your lungs just gave up?

Thankfully that has completely changed.

That's good news!

Now, just get me one of those antibody tests. I've had quite short breath for getting up to 1.5 week now without coughing which I have never experienced before as an asthmatic. Would be nice to validate if I have/have had this thing or not.

That is not really good, though. I hope everything will turn out fine (as is mostly the case even with Covid-19)

This kind of drastic action with little or no notice isn't helpful at this point. What happened to London being weeks ahead?