Covid 19 CRISIS

Last edited:
Yeah ok let's throw her under the bus along with anyone who doesn't wear a mask. You know like our President who said he would if he "thought it was important" which is why he's not. Though she is wearing one when the photo was snapped it had slipped off her nose during an interview... the bitch. I don't know how you haven't took up arms to get her and the President crucified. Though he isn't wearing one, which isn't that bad because they we can't see the issue at all, so he can't be all bad. She had hers momentarily slip while she was talking... the bitch. How ignorant of her responding to a reporter and not at all times keeping it exactly straight. Yeah I can see why her attempt to have a mask is much more upsetting. You would think her big nose would help the bitch how dare she let it not at all times cover her face.
Two wrongs don’t make a right, just because other people are being idiots doesn’t mean we can’t call out all idiocy. If the mask slipped she wasn’t wearing it correctly, surgeons talk during surgery too ya know?

Point is her being the chair for covid response I expect more than someone who looked at the eclipse with no eye protection.

I’d be quite surprised if the numbers from the PRC weren’t among the least accurate in the world.

If you read something from the mainland media such as Shanghai Daily, you will quickly be taken aback by the focus on numbers - up to e.g. the “exact” number of trees secured in preparation for an approaching Typhoon. I suppose it’s to create the impression/illusion that the government is entirely in control of a situation. He who decides which numbers are true is boss.

That will, of course, lead to all sorts of number fudging and you quickly realise that official figures from the PRC government are educated guesses at best, but often made up entirely.

Another reason is, of course, that most Chinese are experts at playing the system; they have to be. Part of this is staying away from anything official if you can, so I’m positive that many cases of Covid-19 were kept in the family and never made it into any statistics.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, just because other people are being idiots doesn’t mean we can’t call out all idiocy.

Your right she's a bitch and now we can go around an point out every mask mistake for the next year of this pandemic if any elected official slips wearing a mask I'll happily throw them under the bus. We'll make a big stinking deal of any screen grab and I'll rub each and every Republican nose in it. It will be a long annoying process but your right it's like meth not even once. No mask forgiveness can be our cry.

OMG he's wearing a mask incorrectly
Screenshot_20200407-160835-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Your right she's a bitch and now we can go around an point out every mask mistake for the next year of this pandemic if any elected official slips wearing a mask I'll happily throw them under the bus. We'll make a big stinking deal of any screen grab and I'll rub each and every Republican nose in it. It will be a long annoying process but your right it's like meth not even once. No mask forgiveness can be our cry.

OMG he's wearing a mask incorrectly
Are you really that partisan that you can't see the issue? Think about it, she is the chair of the covid committee and she has no idea how to even wear a mask properly. It doesn't make her a bitch it does on the other hand make me seriously question how qualified she is for the position.

Yep Trump's not wearing a mask, that's stupid of him. But I already wrote him off as far as this crisis goes, so it's basically "welp whatchu gonna do?" reaction for me.

Or...here's a better idea. You don't respond to it like I did my parents when they denied me that second ice cream (or channeling LeVeL, whichever you prefer), try and look at it from a non-political perspective (literally every reply after the first one has either "republican" "the president" or "Trump"), and gain the ability to call out nonsense from all sides, political and apolitical. It's better, it creates reasoned discourse.

Though I suppose that would involve effort, and force you to consider things beyond your personal feelings and biases towards media, the administration, and everyone supporting or condemning it. I personally believe this is a fair trade-off for a more complete view of the landscape, but you may feel different about it.

In any case, I agree with you on one thing, this has been too much of a scandal for a picture of a mask slipping. Though if she gets infected with Covid there is at least one thing to point to, and we do not need more people on places of authority getting sick. Especially ones you agree with, am I right?

On an unrelated, and much more heartwarming moment:

Motivation in times of crisis, whichever medium it may take, is always welcome. Those doctors and nurses on the front line need everything they can get.

Are you really that partisan that you can't see the issue? Think about it, she is the chair of the covid committee and she has no idea how to even wear a mask properly. It doesn't make her a bitch it does on the other hand make me seriously question how qualified she is for the position.

Yes she's a chair of s legislative committee. That doesn't make her a nurse, or doctor, or medical researcher, it makes her a legislator.

My issue is you have one screen grab that you are saying makes her unqualified. That's partisan! Meanwhile you give a pass to a guy who's not trying because welp whatchu gonna do.

The US sat on their hands for weeks (like the UK), denying COVID-19 (unlike everyone else) until it jumped on you like a wolf which hadn't eaten for a week. It was a crappy response. Acknowledge it and get over it.

Meanwhile you give a pass to a guy who's not trying because welp whatchu gonna do.
I've said Trump was unqualified back when he became the nominee, he didn't become any better in the past four years so what you want from me? BTW I've always been registered as independent.

The US sat on their hands for weeks (like the UK), denying COVID-19 (unlike everyone else) until it jumped on you like a wolf which hadn't eaten for a week. It was a crappy response. Acknowledge it and get over it.
If this was to me, I never denied the failure of most of our leadership, that includes Cuomo who everyone loves now for some reason?

I’d be quite surprised if the numbers from the PRC weren’t among the least accurate in the world.

If you read something from the mainland media such as Shanghai Daily, you will quickly be taken aback by the focus on numbers - up to e.g. the “exact” number of trees secured in preparation for an approaching Typhoon. I suppose it’s to create the impression/illusion that the government is entirely in control of a situation. He who decides which numbers are true is boss.

That will, of course, lead to all sorts of number fudging and you quickly realise that official figures from the PRC government are educated guesses at best, but often made up entirely.

Another reason is, of course, that most Chinese are experts at playing the system; they have to be. Part of this is staying away from anything official if you can, so I’m positive that many cases of Covid-19 were kept in the family and never made it into any statistics.

Seems like there was a local coverup that misled the team sent to help, and by the time the Government realized what was going on it was out of control.

Would be interesting to know when them started testing and what volume.

The Sky New clip I posted earlier, at about 4m50s, it is said there was 5000 urns delivered to one funeral home in Wuhan. There are eight funeral homes in Wuhan!!!
https://forums.finalgear.com/threads/covid-19-crisis.3555886/post-3580382

Note, this is a general post not a response to whomever may be above it.

Everyone was caught off guard. Unless you think The Washington Post and CNN are right wing.

Washington Post: Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now

CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

Why are some fears misguided?
While the novel coronavirus has infected more than 75,000 people and killed over 2,100 worldwide, it's caused far fewer deaths than the flu.
Globally, an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die from the flu each year, the World Health Organization says.
In the United States alone, an estimated 12,000 people have died from the illness so far this flu season, which started September 29, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
Misguided coronavirus fears fuel racism and xenophobia in other countries, too
Misguided coronavirus fears fuel racism and xenophobia in other countries, too
By contrast, since the novel coronavirus was first detected in the United States in January, 15 people have been diagnosed with the illness as of Wednesday. None of them has died.

Most politicians and media were wrong regardless of party about this. Stop forcing a political issue were there isn't.

I am on record on this very page calling this a media hype as well. So yes, everyone was caught off-guard including internet know-it-alls.

The difference is that the US and to a certain extend the UK decided to not get their guard up and stay asleep while people were dying by the metric fuckton in Italy already.

Yes, we probably would have been spared this shit situation if we would have responded massively in January, bascially breaking any non-quarantined link to China. But this does not justify further mistakes made down the line.

What we can also see in the predicted fatalities worldwide is that the countries with a totally fucked-over underfunded healthcare system are the ones hit worst. This includes the US, who always thought that it was part of the freedom of poor people to die because they can't afford treatment, and the UK who fucked over the institution that was the NHS in the name of thatcherite ideology. But it sadly also includes Italy and Spain who were forced to scale down their healthcare systems to the breaking point by ill-motivated budgeting rules imposed by Germany during the financial crisis. Yes,Trump has blood on his hands. Lots of it. But no matter how well Merkel handles this crisis, part of the Souther European death toll still is a direct result of her government's actions.

Political issues are the exact reason why everyone has been caught off-guard.

Politicians, all around the world, were thinking about the economy and their own chairs, but they were not looking at facts and figures. They were not seeing the shortcomings of their own way of thinking.

It only took some attention and observation to see what was happening, as I can prove:

February 27:

Of course Covid-19 will spread in the US. Probably, it is already spreading.

The reason why you hear that much from places like Italy is because we've screened many people, including many who appeared completely healthy or have mild symptoms.

If other countries, like Germany, France, the UK or the US only screen people with severe symptoms, they will only report fewer cases as the (luckily vast) majority will go undetected or will pass as standard flu.

As an example: this

March 7:

Italy is about to quarantine 11 provinces, including Milan, for a rough total of 16 million people. The draft of the document is publicly available and the Government is believed to be signing it this evening.

I predict France and Germany will follow in the next days. I also think the US will too, as soon as the emergency will be publicly evident and Trump's lies will be trumped by reality.

March 9:

And it will grow, as soon as Germany, France and the US will aknowledge they are at least 2 weeks late in what they should do.

I was not guessing, I was seeing the data and the hints coming from all around the world.

If I could do it, Governments could too. If they didn't, they were too incompetent to understand basic facts, so they FAILED POLITICALLY, they were too presumptuous or too distracted or too incapable at choosing their priorities, so they FAILED POLITICALLY, or they had insufficient means, tools, equipment, infrastructure to handle the thing correctly, so the system has a history of POLITICAL FAILURE in addressing a possibility like this.

I sensed trouble the moment China quarantined Wuhan, but at the end of February, I was predicting what has happened.

Where the fu*k were those politicians you'd like to cuddle, if not with their head stuck deep down their own a*ses and thinking only on how to further their selfish political careers?

This pandemic snapped the foundations of our idolised socio-economic system and has shown all its unpreparedness and narrow-mindedness.

Of course it's political, all the real problems arise from how we thought the world should be organized and run. South Korea managed to stop it, with the same technology we had. What have they done differently? They made different POLITICAL choices.

Of course it's political, all the real problems arise from how we thought the world should be organized and run. South Korea managed to stop it, with the same technology we had. What have they done differently? They made different POLITICAL choices.
Also, and I very deliberately am repeating myself here - South Korea made the choices that enabled them to stop Covid-19 not in January, but years ago. After SARS, they not only drafted a pandemic response plan that then no one read or implemented (as it happened in Germany), but that was made government policy, implemented with a generous budget, and tried, tested, and optimized in a series of drills over the last decade.
We have been arrogant in thinking that this kind of pandemic only happens in Asia and would never affect us. So while we tried to do all the right things like contact tracing when it happened, we were underequipped and underfunded - when I had contact with a Covid-19 infected person, there were less than 100 confirmed cases in Berlin. Nevertheless, contact tracing already had faltered due to lack of staff: I was informed of my contact with an infected person by my employer (since the contact was during a work meeting), self-isolated, organized myself getting tested and informed authorities about me having been in contact. Official contact tracing only caught up wiht me three days later - a week after then contact and three days after the contact tested positive. Several co-workers who have been in the same meeting with the infected person never got a call from contact tracing eventhough the infected person submitted a full list of contacts to the authorities.
So, one of the major reasons for the current lockdown is to hire staff in order to be able to contact trace at scale. Same goes for hospital capacity - South Korea invested years ago, we are rushing to build up now.

The decisions you make and the results you get are tied:

Differences between the approach to Coronavirus in Lombardy and Veneto.

Both Regions are right-wing. Lombardy is the stronghold of the business-happy right-wing parties; Veneto is more skewed towards the people's right wing parties, of small enterprises and secessionism.

They are the first and the third most hit Regions in Italy. The second is the one I live in, which is the left-wing parties stronghold and held together quite well, similarly to what Veneto did.

Yep US has one that wasn’t followed at all in this case.

Not only wasn't it followed, many of the positions and agencies were either let go, hobbled from an appropriate response, or just outright ignored.

Not only wasn't it followed, many of the positions and agencies were either let go, hobbled from an appropriate response, or just outright ignored.
Yep that's another big issue.

I've said this before elsewhere but this kind of thing is exactly why I am generally resistant to increasing the power of the government over my life. To me it's never been about the concern that government could turn tyrannical, at this point they really don't need to, it's that I don't believe they are competent enough to properly administer basically anything.