Covid 19 CRISIS

Yep that's another big issue.

I've said this before elsewhere but this kind of thing is exactly why I am generally resistant to increasing the power of the government over my life. To me it's never been about the concern that government could turn tyrannical, at this point they really don't need to, it's that I don't believe they are competent enough to properly administer basically anything.
I think this is not a question of big government vs. small government but of mediocre-to-good government vs. shit government.

Sad tale of how a 2 employees of a long term care facility for old folk showed symptoms, requested to be put on leave, but those request were declined and they had to come in to work. Now that facility is one of the worst hotspot in the province, with 8 deaths so far.

In French, but worth translating.
https://lp.ca/NDS2r4

I think this is not a question of big government vs. small government but of mediocre-to-good government vs. shit government.

The issue here is why the government is ineffective. A leadership, B stripping the government to the bare minimum, C ignoring the experts that are still there.

:wall::wall::wall:

Some positive news out of all this, I've got a Zoom/FaceTime first date tonight that I'm actually excited about.

Just had to wait for a global pandemic to have a connection with someone for the first time in years ?

thcvZyd.png

I don't recall an update to this, have you found true love? :D

The issue here is why the government is ineffective. A leadership, B stripping the government to the bare minimum, C ignoring the experts that are still there.
You are both misunderstanding the point. It's not about how competent the government is at any given point in time but how much potential it has to do damage. It's pretty much same logic as why the western world has various forms of democracy*, monarchy is a much more efficient and effective form of government but as we know from history when you get a bad monarch it becomes extremely bad for the citizens.

It's the same with big government, the more impact the government has on our lives the worse the toll when that government fails.

*While I recognize that some countries still have monarchs, they are largely hands off when it comes to ruling.

It's the same with big government, the more impact the government has on our lives the worse the toll when that government fails.
Firstly, this is a belief, not a fact. Secondly, I consider this belief to be profundly wrong.

BUT thirdly, this has nothing to do with covid-19, not even with politics, but with political theory. Which I am very willing to discuss but not in this thread.

Firstly, this is a belief, not a fact. Secondly, I consider this belief to be profundly wrong.
I never claimed it to be a fact simply an opinion based on relatively straight forward logic.

BUT thirdly, this has nothing to do with covid-19, not even with politics, but with political theory. Which I am very willing to discuss but not in this thread.
Fair enough

thcvZyd.png

I don't recall an update to this, have you found true love? :D

Haha, maybe.

Our date went really well and she decided that she wanted to come see me since she's been totally isolated for a couple weeks. We have an in person date at my house Friday :D

^ someone just made my watchlist for the next several hours

Haha, maybe.

Our date went really well and she decided that she wanted to come see me since she's been totally isolated for a couple weeks. We have an in person date at my house Friday :D

Congrats sir!

Designed alongside experts from around the world, with a platform that is currently being used in the field in Italy and Switzerland, the MAINGEAR LIV is an emergency pulmonary ventilator that was engineered specifically in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

https://maingear.com/liv/