Random Thoughts....

Winds have been strong since Monday, so I took advantage of it (and the fact that I'm working from home) and took out the kite yesterday and again today.

Oldest daughter getting the hang of it :

Yesterday, wind 17G25 kts
IMG_20200414_1530022d431af2e8bb280f.jpg

Today, wind 21G29 kts
IMG_20200415_141007669802386dbf47a8.jpg

I normally buy my toothpaste on Amazon from a seller in the UK because they have a version with an ingredient you can't get in the US, and usually I buy it 3 or 4 tubes at a time. I've just opened my last tube and went to order more and found it's almost doubled in price since I bought my last batch. This is a hell of a time to try and get something shipped from the UK, apparently. Hopefully things settle down some in another month and the price will go back closer to normal.

I normally buy my toothpaste on Amazon from a seller in the UK because they have a version with an ingredient you can't get in the US, and usually I buy it 3 or 4 tubes at a time. I've just opened my last tube and went to order more and found it's almost doubled in price since I bought my last batch. This is a hell of a time to try and get something shipped from the UK, apparently. Hopefully things settle down some in another month and the price will go back closer to normal.
There are one or two UK members who might be able to help you with that. ;) Or Germans, if the same thing is available here.

Which brand?

I've got two tubes Colgate charcoal, two tubes Crest, one tube Crest gum detoxify, one tube Crest Whitening, one tube Colgate total Advanced... You'd think id dated a dentist... Those are just the unopened ones

I've got two tubes Colgate charcoal, two tubes Crest, one tube Crest gum detoxify, one tube Crest Whitening, one tube Colgate total Advanced... You'd think id dated a dentist... Those are just the unopened ones

butwhy.pdf

I found the one toothpaste that doesn't taste like tile grout smells and actually leaves my mouth feeling clean for more than 20 minutes. Crest with Scope. I buy the twin packs so that I always have a spare in the cabinet.

No pics of how you are smuggling it, okay?!

When this forum turns into the international toothpaste smugglering ring, you know the world is in serious trouble.

Hell, I've contemplated starting an international ramen smuggle-club here.

When this forum turns into the international toothpaste smugglering ring, you know the world is in serious trouble.
Hey, at least we are posting here and not in Telegram!

Count me in!
It's hard nowadays to find the extra-hot spicy ramen around here!

Just noticed your custom title with the badge, so awesome on so many levels :love:

Screenshot_20200416-184634.jpg

I found the one toothpaste that doesn't taste like tile grout smells and actually leaves my mouth feeling clean for more than 20 minutes. Crest with Scope. I buy the twin packs so that I always have a spare in the cabinet.

See, one of my main issues is I have this obnoxious involuntary reaction to mint/menthol/peppermint/etc that makes me cough and gag. Not really an allergic reaction but it's very unpleasant so I basically can't handle anything minty. You might see why that can be a problem with dental care products <_<

In any case, I've also always had soft or fragile teeth, which I've apparently inherited from my mom's side of the family. That Sensodyne toothpaste has Novamin which actually helps rebuild the tooth structure, rather than just helping to protect it. All toothpastes over here in the US are much less effective in comparison, Novamin isn't FDA approved so they can't use it here. It also has a bonus that that particular toothpaste has no added flavoring, so I can tolerate it without spending 20 minutes after brushing trying to hold back vomiting in the sink from all the gagging.

So yes, if someone over in the UK or Euroland can get that one and ship it over here more economically than Amazon I would be quite happy.

See, one of my main issues is I have this obnoxious involuntary reaction to mint/menthol/peppermint/etc that makes me cough and gag. Not really an allergic reaction but it's very unpleasant so I basically can't handle anything minty. You might see why that can be a problem with dental care products <_<

In any case, I've also always had soft or fragile teeth, which I've apparently inherited from my mom's side of the family. That Sensodyne toothpaste has Novamin which actually helps rebuild the tooth structure, rather than just helping to protect it. All toothpastes over here in the US are much less effective in comparison, Novamin isn't FDA approved so they can't use it here. It also has a bonus that that particular toothpaste has no added flavoring, so I can tolerate it without spending 20 minutes after brushing trying to hold back vomiting in the sink from all the gagging.

So yes, if someone over in the UK or Euroland can get that one and ship it over here more economically than Amazon I would be quite happy.

Damn, that's rough.

I wasn't trying to point out "hey try this," more of adding to the toothpaste convo. *shrug*