The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

The most important tweet of the day?

^It is as surreal as the tackyness of that "America" shirt and jacket.

Why do people believe this idiot???

Of course, he will not accept any responsibility.

Why do people believe this idiot???

I think most of the reason is because of the attached implications of a denying.

The political climate in the US is extremely polarized and partisan and divided in battling factions. In a bad way; you have to either accept all of it , or take none of it. There is no middle ground to accept something and refuse something else. There is no "I like this part but not this other".

It's like a religion and its dogmas. Either you accept all of it or none of it. And you'll get shun if you take the "bad" choice. The social and internal pressure is enormous.

When you are thrown out, you can't identify there anymore. it's your identity which crumbles and has to be built up again, while the only other possibility is the only other political (and social) group, most of which you probably already dislike. It's a problem of psychological identification.

For many, to say "Trump is lying", or even the more correct "Trump is a complete fool" questions the roots of those people's beliefs and have them ask "Am I a conservative/republican anymore? Was my whole political life until this a joke?" If I abandon Trump, does it mean I am a Hillary or Bernie supporter? A leftist?

The answer to the second question is easier, for practival as well as for identity reasons, so people will answer that ("no, of course, I don't support Hillary/Bernie; I am not a leftist") and then they answer the first question. Better said, they are reassured on the first one. Even if they don't know exactly what happened, they will say: "I am not really thinking Trump is an idiot, I must have misinterpreted his words because of the fake news of the left. There is no other way".

Next thing you know they are trying to justify Trump's absurdities, convinced in their core that if they don't manage to do it, that's because they are not so smart and educated, they are honest people who don't know how to speak well. And they'll think you are trying to deceive or con them if you make questions they can't answer.

They simply trust their political religion more than they trust you.

BTW, the same may happen or happens on the other side, simply in different times or ways.

BTW II: the populist way is exactly that: easy answer, identity, factions, until disagreeing means to be cast away. It happens everywhere, and it's visible.

Mueller investigators said Roger Stone orchestrated hundreds of fake Facebook accounts in political influence scheme

The warrants released Tuesday highlighted just how extensively Stone discussed the WikiLeaks drops in 2016. The warrants also noted that, in their searches, "Stone in fact communicated via private direct messaging with WikiLeaks during the Campaign" despite him claiming publicly he had not.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/doj-roger-stone-warrants-lawsuit/index.html

Senate Intel Releases New Report on Intel Community Assessment of Russian Interference

The Committee found no reason to dispute the Intelligence Community’s conclusions

The ICA correctly found the Russians interfered in our 2016 election to hurt Secretary Clinton and help the candidacy of Donald Trump.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov...tel-community-assessment-russian-interference

Trump uses DPA to keep meat plants open and not to enforce health and safety

Last edited:
I know, I know, I leave and I come back, I tell myself I won't engage in this dumpster fire...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...vied-the-US-Now-for-the-first-time-we-pity-it

This guy's right and this presidency has never made me hate this country more. It's not just Trump, this shit has been happening before but it's only gotten worse. As O'Toole says, it's always been there but it's been kept in check for the most part and now? Everyone involved just wants to cling onto whatever it is they are being given now and its disgusting. "We have checks and balances, and if it ever got bad enough, people in power will make sure the president doesn't cause chaos." Really? Bull fucking shit. Once you get everyone to basically act like they're in a frat house, you get this shit. The results we're seeing are of years of careful defending of education and the fact that education is not funded the same way all over is frustrating. Small wonder we have such dipshits in so many places where the median income is low or the taxes are low, that goes into another discussion as well. Where does a lot of the money go? I don't know whatever happened to accountability?

I'm so fucking pissed off at how people vote in morons and then say "See, the government cannot be trust with anything, they always screw it up!" Yeah, no kidding, you voted the incompetent guy in. I've worked with a lot of trump supporters because for whatever reason, when you work with your hands, it means you support morons even though you have a boss who knows nothing about his job and constantly screws things up making your life frustrating. You hate it in your job, yet you vote to have the same type of person lead the country you live? Fuck this country and all the morons who think the current regime is doing a great job. You're unintelligent and want to control people so that we all think and do the same things as you do. Guess what? That will never happen and the fact that you're trying so hard and then play victim when it goes the other way like with the stay at home orders means you're no better than Trump. You don't care about anyone but yourself and if you actually did, you'd stay the fuck home and not riot because you can't handle having longer hair. "Let me control you, but don't control me." Go jump in front a train.

I know, I know, I leave and I come back, I tell myself I won't engage in this dumpster fire...

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...vied-the-US-Now-for-the-first-time-we-pity-it

This guy's right and this presidency has never made me hate this country more. It's not just Trump, this shit has been happening before but it's only gotten worse. As O'Toole says, it's always been there but it's been kept in check for the most part and now? Everyone involved just wants to cling onto whatever it is they are being given now and its disgusting. "We have checks and balances, and if it ever got bad enough, people in power will make sure the president doesn't cause chaos." Really? Bull fucking shit. Once you get everyone to basically act like they're in a frat house, you get this shit. The results we're seeing are of years of careful defending of education and the fact that education is not funded the same way all over is frustrating. Small wonder we have such dipshits in so many places where the median income is low or the taxes are low, that goes into another discussion as well. Where does a lot of the money go? I don't know whatever happened to accountability?

I'm so fucking pissed off at how people vote in morons and then say "See, the government cannot be trust with anything, they always screw it up!" Yeah, no kidding, you voted the incompetent guy in. I've worked with a lot of trump supporters because for whatever reason, when you work with your hands, it means you support morons even though you have a boss who knows nothing about his job and constantly screws things up making your life frustrating. You hate it in your job, yet you vote to have the same type of person lead the country you live? Fuck this country and all the morons who think the current regime is doing a great job. You're unintelligent and want to control people so that we all think and do the same things as you do. Guess what? That will never happen and the fact that you're trying so hard and then play victim when it goes the other way like with the stay at home orders means you're no better than Trump. You don't care about anyone but yourself and if you actually did, you'd stay the fuck home and not riot because you can't handle having longer hair. "Let me control you, but don't control me." Go jump in front a train.

We don't have a competent choice in the upcoming election. Biden isn't as bad as Trump, but he's still a self-absorbed, plagiarizing, pussy grabbing, dishonest, low life who will lie on camera about things that are easy to vet, like his college education. Joe "I grew up in poverty" (he didn't), "have three undergraduate degrees" (he has one), "and graduated in the top half of my class" (he graduated in the bottom half of his class, close to the very bottom, in fact) Biden, our next president.

Last edited:
The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Your post are waste why dont you just openly support Trump

The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Your post are waste why dont you just openly support Trump

You need to take a more objective view of things if you think that life is that black and white. I know this will blow your mind, but I am of the opinion that neither Trump nor Biden should be president.

Also, I was replying to another user.

^ this is in the wrong thread

The title of this thread is: The Trump Presidency

The subject of his post was Trump

The subject of your post was private citizen Joe Biden.

It was the wrong thread

Pretty black and white