The "Things that annoy me" thread

Have leaving voicemails always been this useless? Nearly every time I've left one, I either don't get call backs or people don't listen to them, more I get no return phone calls.

It depends on the people who receive them. Much like texts, emails, phone calls, etc..

Google voice gives me a transcript because listening to vm is like ugh get to the point

I had to install Windows in a bootcamp partition on my Mac. :sick2: It’s currently searching for updates AGAIN after I installed two updates for the update software, one round of regular updates and a service pack. Fucking M$ garbage.

And of course, its search for updates has just failed.

Windows 7

It’s what I had lying around and I don’t do pirated software. Also, the Windows-only software that I’m using doesn’t require anything more recent.

I don't miss this multiple-update malarky of Windows.
It's never done before 3 or 4 reboots and updates after a fresh install.

I don't miss this multiple-update malarky of Windows.
It's never done before 3 or 4 reboots and updates after a fresh install.

Since you can download Windows 10 from Microsoft and install via usb stick, having to do that is less of a problem since we're not stuck with out of date install CD's.

Windows 7

It’s what I had lying around and I don’t do pirated software. Also, the Windows-only software that I’m using doesn’t require anything more recent.
Just FYI: The "install Windows 10, use the Windows 7 key for activation" still works. ;)

Since you can download Windows 10 from Microsoft and install via usb stick, having to do that is less of a problem since we're not stuck with out of date install CD's.
My last experience with Windows 10 was a recovery from a USB stick and it still needed a few reboots and updates until it was functional.

Just FYI: The "install Windows 10, use the Windows 7 key for activation" still works. ;)

I didn't know you could still do that as I thought you needed to 'trade in' the key before the cut off, handy if it does though because my parents' computer is still on 7 with an OEM licence (I built the PC) and it'll need upgrading sooner or later.

Windows 10 from USB isn't bad but it's still a chore compared the images I'm used to. No messing with the ever-increasing options and all that jazz.

Thanks, but I'm fine with 7. It's only about one little piece of software that doesn't even require an internet connection, so I'll spend the absolute minimum time and effort on Windows.

2 months ago, i was selling a pizza stone I won on Craigslist. There was a woman who responded, and kept re-scheduling over and over again, always bringing up how she was going to be driving through because of her kid's soccer, and where the game was, who was driving the carpool for this game/practice, etc.

Ugh.

When the shelter-in-place went into effect on March 16, she said she would have to wait until the ordr was lifted before she would come by. OK, fine. No problem.

I sold it to someone who was willing to see me hold it up for them on my front porch, Venmo me the money, and then I left the box on my railing, went back inside, and they got out of their car to come pick it up off my porch. They were local, and we retained distancing. Easy-peasy.

This morning at about 10am, the first women sent me 4 emails in rapid fire: the first one asking if I would take a personal check, the 2nd one asking if she could meet me in San Francisco, the 3rd one was asking me to meet her in the other direction 40 minutes away, and the 4th asking me if I could meet her in an hour instead near my home.

I had been working since about 8am, so i didn't see her emails in my personal email until i checked it at noon. I emailed her and said, "I'm sorry, this item has sold." I already had it removed from Craigslist within minutes of selling it weeks ago. I don't like that Craigslist still forewards emails through their anonymous forwarding system if the add has been deleted. Anyway...

At 1PM, after I had returned to work, she sent an email that said, "Why?"

"Since you weren't local, it seemed you were having trouble finding the time to meet, so I went down the list to the next person in line who was local and could meet without re-scheduling."

"No need to be rude. You said I could buy it. What am I supposed to do now?"

*click "block address" button*

*sigh*

I feel like I'm the last remaining non-flake craigslister sometimes. It doesn't matter if I'm buying or selling, the person on the other end is always stupid, lazy, or mean-spirited.

I feel like I'm the last remaining non-flake craigslister sometimes. It doesn't matter if I'm buying or selling, the person on the other end is always stupid, lazy, or mean-spirited.
Over here, the running gag is “What’s last price?” as in “What is the best price that you can give me?” Some people will ask that, others will just tell you some ridiculously small amount that they will pay, but only if you throw in free shipping.

I keep getting the people that ask me "Is this still available"? (Fuck you Facebook for making a button for that) and ask me "Where are you" when that info is in the ad and when I answer those two questions NEVER contact me again.

WHY DID YOU ASK IF IT WAS AVAILABLE IF YOU DIDN'T WANT IT?

Over here, the running gag is “What’s last price?” as in “What is the best price that you can give me?” Some people will ask that, others will just tell you some ridiculously small amount that they will pay, but only if you throw in free shipping.

There's even a subreddit for it. I need an English one called r/IKnowWhatIHave for all the cunts who overcharge for a rusty GM turd.

r/ChoosingBeggars is also good for this kind of thing along with r/CrackHeadCraigslist.

There's even a subreddit for it. I need an English one called r/IKnowWhatIHave for all the cunts who overcharge for a rusty GM turd.

Do you really think that problem only exists for rusty GM vehicles?

The GM hate is strong in you, this will please the Ford fans...