Covid 19 CRISIS

This seems appropriate right now.;)

My state just recorded it's first COVID-19 related domestic violence fatality.

Draft government report projecting a surge of covid-19 cases

A draft government report projects covid-19 cases will surge to about 200,000 per day by June 1, a staggering jump that would be accompanied by more than 3,000 deaths each day.

The 200,000 per day and 3000 deaths per day is in the middle of the numbers view too if you go to page 11 of the document none of the actual reported deaths are on the middle line so by my view it might be closer to 5000 deaths a day...

What am I missing here from a government document data vs the administration pushing for a quick opening?

My state just recorded it's first COVID-19 related domestic violence fatality.
I don't really doubt it (in fact, I was expecting such things along with higher suicide numbers), but how was it determined to be related to the Corona crisis?

Last edited:
Things are looking better in Michigan.

Arizona has disbanded it's Covid19 modeling team because...?. Though it had just finished a model predicting an increase in infection then the Governor announced that businesses were now allowed to begin opening...

Umm a Republican Gov to be visited by the Republican President who then shuts down a Covid team after it warned of infection increases :unsure:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Trump and friends are there to actively push America and its economy to disaster.

---

News from Italy: we have reopened! ...well... sort of... The industrial engine has been restarted and it's possible to go out to take a walk in the park or to visit "congiunti"...

Which basically means all and nothing (popular memes now revolves around "who are my "congiunti"?) including relatives like grandparents and uncles, but not things like cousins you hadn't seen in three years, for example, including also romantic partners (but not causal lovers...) and other people with whom we have a long-lasting, established and deep relationship (even dear friends, in some cases). You can imagine the level of confusion...

Many shops are still closed, though: clothes stores and shops should reopen on May 18th, hair salons on June 1st and bar and restaurants on June 15. The art industry, particularly theatres (movie and live) have no fixed date yet and are expected to be operative near the end of the year, or later... Tourism has skidded past one of the best periods of the year (April-May) with no income at all and it's not clear how things will go on. For the moment, it is forbidden to leave one's province, if not in case of real necessity.

Both tourism and art are taking a nose dive, and together they account between 6 and 9% of our GDP.

My fingers are crossed that no other tightening of the restrictions will be necessary from now on. But it's actually in the hands of the People.

French military athletes were infected with the #coronavirus in October at the JMM in #Wuhan (18-27 / 10/19). The army is now asking athletes to direct journalists to the hierarchy if they have questions. (TL7)

Some suggestions of earlier cases....

http://www.leparisien.fr/internatio...nes-a-wuhan-en-octobre-05-05-2020-8311221.php

2019 Military World Games - Wuhan

9,308 athletes from 110 countries participated in the games:[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Military_World_Games

Last edited: