Boozy Saturday Chat (aka Champagne Brunch / Nightcaps) - May 16, 2020

Same for me:
"Could not find requested calendar"

Shit, sorry. I only tested it with Blind and my account, but I'll make sure to DM everyone.

Hmm, I'll probably be at @Der Stig's house changing out some UCAs on the truck about then. Maybe we'll fire up a laptop.

Hmm, I'll probably be at @Der Stig's house changing out some UCAs on the truck about then. Maybe we'll fire up a laptop.

Yes please! It was hilarious watching you guys last time - I'm expecting some cursing (I mean, how rusty... er, I mean bad can UCAs get?).

Yes please! It was hilarious watching you guys last time - I'm expecting some cursing (I mean, how rusty... er, I mean bad can UCAs get?).
Having watched first-hand how stuck things on that truck can be....very.

I don't have a traditional webcam but I may be able to rig something up or dig out my laptop. Will see what I'm doing and if I can join for a bit.

Same here. I use my phone as a camera with DroidCam app, as the camera on my laptop seems to originate from the 90s or something, based on the framerate. Phone cameras are of better quality than cheap webcams anyway, so it's a good setup.

Argh ... ?PM'd ya!

Both working. Thanks!

Same here. I use my phone as a camera with DroidCam app, as the camera on my laptop seems to originate from the 90s or something, based on the framerate. Phone cameras are of better quality than cheap webcams anyway, so it's a good setup.

I'll have a look at that option but, y'know, iPhone. :p

Shit, sorry. I only tested it with Blind and my account, but I'll make sure to DM everyone.

For what it's worth, when I clicked your link on my phone it didn't work, but when I did it on a laptop it worked correctly.

For what it's worth, when I clicked your link on my phone it didn't work, but when I did it on a laptop it worked correctly.

Nice! Yeah, same here. I found that on mobile, the link works when you click on it as a new tab... but it wasn't working if it was trying to open in my gcal app.

Having watched first-hand how stuck things on that truck can be....very.
Propane torch, big ass lever (I use the handle of the floor jack), and about a week of soaking everything in super-thin penetrating oil.
Then curse at it a bunch
Then try the impact.
Then go back to the cheater bar.
Break the end off the breaker bar.
Add more oil
Go get a new breaker bar
Add even more heat
Cuss more
Get a sawsall and cut the damn bolt off.

Fuck you, bolt.

Damn, we're gonna get drinks and a show. I can't wait! ?

Propane torch, big ass lever (I use the handle of the floor jack), and about a week of soaking everything in super-thin penetrating oil.
Then curse at it a bunch
Then try the impact.
Then go back to the cheater bar.
Break the end off the breaker bar.
Add more oil
Go get a new breaker bar
Add even more heat
Cuss more
Get a sawsall and cut the damn bolt off.

Fuck you, bolt.

As @Misrabelle alluded to the rear driver wheel was stuck on the hub with some rust. We hammered, kicked, pounded, penetrating oiled, etc for a while. Then partially threaded the lugnuts on where they were loose from the wheel, dropped it back onto the ground, drove it back and forth, did some hard stops, and it was still stuck on. Then I drove it around the block doing more hard stops. I think it took 3 rounds of being very rough with the driving and stopping before it broke loose.

Needless to say I coated that hub to wheel surface with a film of grease before putting the wheel back on.

:LOL: Ordeals like that are why I now put a sheet of plastic between my storage wheels and the hub when I’m putting something away for the winter. Also I might be able to make this call, so pm me a link too please!

:LOL: Ordeals like that are why I now put a sheet of plastic between my storage wheels and the hub when I’m putting something away for the winter. Also I might be able to make this call, so pm me a link too please!
Yay!! PM'd!!

Depending on if I'm covered up with honey dos, I may join tomorrow. Maybe I can borrow the laptop and sit out and watch it storm. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah!! Well, you can always multitask!! ;)

Like I said, uneventful or eventful! ?

I think there was a mix up on the GMT/BST thing, it's 6PM now but that's obviously an hour out with everyone else. I wondered why I was alone. :LOL: