Random Thoughts....

So...it's spring in the Northern Hemisphere and I'm curious who here have tasted honeysuckle nectar as a kid?

For reference, these are honeysuckles.

hs.jpg

They grew all along the fence in my grandmother's back yard. It was a highlight every year.

Even today this time of year I'll occasionally get a whiff of them while outside and it stops me for a second while I take in the smell. So nice.

Bwahahahaha.

I didn't have any problem staying awake as it turned out. Seems I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I spent a good portion of my waiting time in the bathroom wishing for death.

But the live stream was cool, and I felt better by then, so all good.

I didn't have any problem staying awake as it turned out. Seems I ate something that didn't agree with me, so I spent a good portion of my waiting time in the bathroom wishing for death.
While your strategy was effective for reaching your goal, I advise you to take a different approach in the future.

My neighbor has a nice Matco tool box that he's selling, he's not working as a professional mechanic any more and doesn't want to deal with it as a renter and OTR truck driver.

He offered it to me for "$1,000 - $2,000". We have not settled on a price, but I'm going to go take a look at what he has and how much would actually work for what I work on. He even offered to work on a payment plan, so it's less of a pinch on the budget.

I like my car insurance it's called noblr it's new I've had it for 4 months and I like it

My neighbor has a nice Matco tool box that he's selling, he's not working as a professional mechanic any more and doesn't want to deal with it as a renter and OTR truck driver.

He offered it to me for "$1,000 - $2,000". We have not settled on a price, but I'm going to go take a look at what he has and how much would actually work for what I work on. He even offered to work on a payment plan, so it's less of a pinch on the budget.
After some back and forth, he decided he wanted to keep the toolbox after all. ?

I watched code enforcement give a warning to my neighbor I'm thinking for having a shaggy grass. I love that despite my hate for lawn maintenance I do better than my neighbors.

I once got a letter from the city saying mow your grass or we will do it and charge you (bad time in my life, bankruptcy, etc.). SO I brush hogged it with the tractor.

That being said, I'd love to strip all that's there away, then plant native prairie grasses. Then just keep the perimeter mowed regularly, only mowing the center of the yard maybe twice a year.

I would like to xeriscape

Had to look that one up. I could see that being a good thing for areas with little to no rain fall.

That's not the case here though. We got 5 inches of rain just this week. Then if there's a drought in the summer, we just let the grass die. It'll come back, the black soil makes sure of that.

So I have a few things in my head to get around. I love having a nice grass to walk on barefoot. I have inground sprinklers which is nice but grass then grows and needs to be mowed. It is a catch 22

I want a Gabion fence.

Last edited:
^ FUCK YOU! THIS IS THE HEATED FLOORS THING ALL OVER AGAIN! Im going to buy some perennials.

^ FUCK YOU! THIS IS THE HEATED FLOORS THING ALL OVER AGAIN! Im going to buy some perennials.

zenturo-wall-super-378x-w-1000x1000-zc_0.jpg

THEY'RE SO COOL. That said, I think I am just going to have a chain link fence to replace the falling apart wooden one, once that's done, I need to get a bunch of pine bush/tree things to get some privacy in my backyard and to block viewing my weird neighbors chilling out in their shed with a tv.

I'm trying to math in my head how many tons would be needed at say $30 a ton

Explain? I think they’re one of the squarest things you can have on your property, on the same level as armies of garden gnomes and herds of little clay animals.

It's combination privacy and just neat looking to see rocks like that. I first saw it in southern Germany surrounding a Cemetery.