Post Your Watches

That's unfortunate. I personally have no attachment to it so it's probably a goner. Thank you for answering!

What about this one that also showed up a couple of hours ago? Apparently my old man has never thrown away a ruined wristwatch.

Oops, missed this, sorry.

I think that one's not worth salvage either. New crystal to replace the cracked one and a new crown at minimum, plus likely a movement replacement since it's probably quite dirty if not oxidized inside. The gold plated case is also thoroughly corroded on the back side, and while a proper cleaning will help a lot, it won't fix the corrosion.

Congrats! I eagerly await pics!

I've been watching (heh) my preferred dealer's Instagram page and they've been posting a whole bunch of nice GS Seikos and stainless Rolex sport models. If my financials weren't going the wrong way, I'd be shopping there.

I've been watching (heh) my preferred dealer's Instagram page and they've been posting a whole bunch of nice GS Seikos and stainless Rolex sport models. If my financials weren't going the wrong way, I'd be shopping there.

Interested in a Speedmaster Broadfoot Broadarrow? :mrgreen:

Yup, especially after this quarantine (as if that would make a difference anyway) I'd be a speed-master with that....

And here it is:
P4030649.JPG

Grand Seiko SBGA283, the "base model" spring drive (already switched out onto a leather strap rather than the all-brushed Oyster style bracelet).
Beautifully finished and polished case, hands, and indices, but what you're really here for is the freaky smooth movement.

OH BABY

Here's another shot on a different brown strap. Notice how the second hand blurs smoothly through this multi-second exposure.
P4050670.JPG

Compare that to this old pic of a Seiko 5 I once had, and how the second hand visibly ticks.
1586146788613.png

Also took the Speedy on a drive, using it to track how long I'd been driving. It really looks the business on a perforated racing strap.
image0.jpeg
image1 (5).jpeg

Frankfurt?!?
During the pandemic?

I don't see a problem. Buy watch, receive champagne and small gifts!

I don't see a problem either.

This lockdown is affecting my watch-wearing habits. I'm repeatedly switching straps and bracelets, and rotating through multiple watches per day.

R0012206.JPG
P5120757.JPG

The one on the lower right is pretty!

My friend contacted me and was super excited about buying this from Triple Aught. He was really happy that it was "made in the USA" until I pointed out that it's "assembled" in the USA and it's a common movement. He thought that he would buy one and sell it in a few months for a profit because it's limited edition and collectible.

I pointed him towards Seiko, Orient, Tudor, and a few others.

"Epson VS42A" movement, way to go out of your way to avoid saying Seiko.

There is nothing wrong with that watch, but also I don't see why buy that instead of a Seiko for probably less money.
"MADE IN THE USA" tax?