The "Things that annoy me" thread

I ended up cramming the wire between the headliner and windshield. *shrug*

The term "social distancing". It's been 5 months now. Just call it "distancing". Or there's got to be a better word. Adding the word "social" never sat right with me...always seemed too...i don't know..."touchy feely" or something. I don't know why that annoys me...but it does.

The internet tried "physical distancing" but I think the health agencies point is that term is actually more inclusive than social distancing. We are trying to reduce exposure with mask (to reduce surface spread and contact spread) gloves (to reduce surface spread) keeping six foot from people (contact spread)

The events that they place into the term "social" Conferences, Church, Demonstrations, Work, Bars, Gyms, Schools, Sporting Events, Concerts... Places where lots of people are in an confined area.

Rain.... so much rain as of late. All day Sunday, on and off yesterday, and on and off today.

The term "social distancing". It's been 5 months now. Just call it "distancing". Or there's got to be a better word. Adding the word "social" never sat right with me...always seemed too...i don't know..."touchy feely" or something. I don't know why that annoys me...but it does.

Personal space is better.

Rain.... so much rain as of late. All day Sunday, on and off yesterday, and on and off today.

We have about 3" of rain over the last 4 or 5 days, and my backyard is looking like a swamp. We don't have it that bad though.

You can send a lot of that rain to Europe. We’re desperate for it.

California, Arizona and New Mexico would fight for first rights, then argue to take all the Great Lakes.

People in general are pretty dense. The term helps to reinforce the idea that doing social things as you would in pre Covid life is not a good idea. It's subliminal but it works.

I hate how I went to a Taco Bell and they called me up and asked me for more money. Not to give me more food just a donation to Taco Bell. I mean it's one thing to exchange money for goods but now you want me to just give you money? Im sorry not Taco Bell... my university.

I hate how I went to a Taco Bell and they called me up and asked me for more money. Not to give me more food just a donation to Taco Bell. I mean it's one thing to exchange money for goods but now you want me to just give you money? Im sorry not Taco Bell... my university.

Mine at least do it by email so they can be properly filtered to Spam.

I ordered a custom-made guitar in December. But, they caught an error along the way, and it had to get rebuilt, so some delay. Then, pandemic...so more delay. Then it shipped the day it was completed, but FedEx was supposed to dleiver yesterday "by the end of the day" . Then at 6PM, it got changed to "Schedules Delivery: Pending - No scheduled delivery date available at this time.". Since it's 8:30 AM and isn't yet marked as "out for delivery", I have a feeling it won't be delivering today. The package arrived to their warehouse yesterday at 3am, its less than 10 minutes away, but it's set up so that it can't be picked up....it has to be delivered to the address, and signed-for. I pushed out my bi-weekly grocery store trip to today, but I guess I'll be staying in, and I have to work the next 4 days. I know..."1st world problem" thread crossover?

I ordered a custom-made guitar in December. But, they caught an error along the way, and it had to get rebuilt, so some delay. Then, pandemic...so more delay. Then it shipped the day it was completed, but FedEx was supposed to dleiver yesterday "by the end of the day" . Then at 6PM, it got changed to "Schedules Delivery: Pending - No scheduled delivery date available at this time.". Since it's 8:30 AM and isn't yet marked as "out for delivery", I have a feeling it won't be delivering today. The package arrived to their warehouse yesterday at 3am, its less than 10 minutes away, but it's set up so that it can't be picked up....it has to be delivered to the address, and signed-for. I pushed out my bi-weekly grocery store trip to today, but I guess I'll be staying in, and I have to work the next 4 days. I know..."1st world problem" thread crossover?

I've had this before with some USPS shipments. It sucks. :(

I'm waiting for a signed poster by Mighty Car Mods and it supposedly went out early May and I have yet to even see an "in customs" update or anything. All I know is it was marked "shipped" by Aussie post. :(

It's not like a flight from AU to USA takes more than a day. I wish it would say something like "in LAX" or something though.

I love the "due to unforeseen circumstances" what are they? "due to unforeseen..." I get it I'm sure you didn't predict whatever it is but if it's that unforeseeable why do you have a prewritten email?

I just got one from hellos fresh saying my Monday shipment has been delayed due to "unforeseen" circumstances. You don't have a calendar? The unforeseen was Memorial Day

^I mean it's unforeseen and yeah tell me that shit UPS

I ordered something off Amazon a week ago. Even with Prime shipping, delivery estimate: Monday of next week (so 9 day total).
But then it got picked up by Canada Post last Monday, with an estimated delivery of Wednesday, yay!
Then, no updates at all. Wednesday pass, and on Thursday the delivery estimate actually read "yesterday" in the app :LOL:
Friday, still no news, but they removed the delivery estimate. I'm starting to doubt it will get here on Monday.

In parallel, I ordered stuff from Oakley last Tuesday.

It shipped from the Atlanta region by UPS, and I got it as estimated on Friday, yay!

Except the box contained only one item, there was supposed to be 2. Then I check my email, and see that they shipped the second item also from Atlanta, but via DHL. What a waste. Considering that second item was free, they are paying to ship something free by itself.

I ordered a floor jack from home depo that was supposed to come today... hasn't even shipped. The jack stands came in a week ago and now time to pick them up is up. Ah yes these are so useful without the jack <_<