The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

He owns the lady who replaced Pam Bondi so she will ok it without looking

Trump taking more drugs!!!!!!!!!

The Orangutan tweeted, blah blah, and it is ill informed at best. No real surprise.

He also threatened another state for doing similar.

Another gem :LOL:

^ WTF now we learn he doesn't know "per capita"? Don, why didn't you ask us what it meant, I don't know, several months ago? This isnt one of those oh we'll get the libs angry. This is one of those moments where he just doesn't get it. It reminds me of what was said about Sarah Palin "Its not that she doesn't know that right answer, its that she clearly doesn't understand the question"

Last edited:
Why did anyone vote for this guy?

^ Thats a separate question and one that has a few answers that I accept. Including I don't FUCKIN CARE BLOW UP THE SYSTEM

Why did anyone vote for this guy?

Because he wasn't just another career politician. Somehow he conned a bunch of people into thinking he wasn't a shitty new york politician who's out of touch with the common man. I wish I was joking, but that's what I'm told and I feel disappointed because these are people who I thought were smart and used to look up to.

Because he hates the same people they hate and he's an unrestrained flag-waving nationalist totally convinced of his own superiority - just like his base. Combine that with the Democrats continually making radical changes to gun laws a major part of the platform and the moderates move to the right. Like it or not, guns are a major part of the US culture, especially in rural areas. The GOP uses this every election year to get votes and the people who vote on this issue are so busy being scared of the Left they didn't notice that Trump did more to restrict individuals' gun rights than Obama did.

Because he hates the same people they hate and he's an unrestrained flag-waving nationalist totally convinced of his own superiority - just like his base. Combine that with the Democrats continually making radical changes to gun laws a major part of the platform and the moderates move to the right. Like it or not, guns are a major part of the US culture, especially in rural areas. The GOP uses this every election year to get votes and the people who vote on this issue are so busy being scared of the Left they didn't notice that Trump did more to restrict individuals' gun rights than Obama did.

And abortion. Can't forget about that.

ok so we have racism, changes to gun laws that actually are not happening, abortions that they are not having,...

IDK what I would file this as but its clear he's part of the problem

I guess I would say "Pro Ignorance for Trump" it's like how they don't want to have Covid19 test because that would only prove people have the virus... but they have the virus... NOT IF WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!

To save myself some typing, here's something from 2017, lightly massaged and reinforcing the people who also voted not for trump but against Clinton. It was written at the time as a reply to someone generalizing the trump voters as a racist assholes.

Generalizing voters is usually not a good strategy.

I would argue that there is also a significant amount of people who wouldn't vote for Clinton because they didn't want a political dynasty or just because they find her personality deeply unlikable (lord knows she actually does move and look like what we imagine an android would). Or some that believed she had way too much baggage in her political career (not just benghazi and e-mails. Someone with more insight into her career may expand on this). Then there is also the people who wanted Bernie Sanders to be the nominee and feel cheated (I would say rightfully enough), and either abstained or voted trump/green/$other. Or the people in middle America who feel that the previous status quo was entirely focused on the east and west coasts, leaving flyover country with little saying on country matters. Any one of those could be a statically significant part of the population. None of them require you to be white or poorly educated.

It's not as easy as just white, xenophobic mysoginistic ignorants going 'muh freedums', though that is not to say that these do not exist.

^ she aint running this time. If you vote for this "there are many per capitas" idiot you are doing it because... ya dumb

And abortion. Can't forget about that.
Right, the Left are all baby-murderers. I forgot.

To save myself some typing, here's something from 2017, lightly massaged and reinforcing the people who also voted not for trump but against Clinton. It was written at the time as a reply to someone generalizing the trump voters as a racist assholes.
Most people vote "against the other guy" rather than "for" a platform. Trump was the most transparent of any candidate in my memory about being "Not my opponent". He ran on a platform of tribalism, and it worked. He never had any real platform of his own, really he promised to build useless icons of tribalism and exceptionalism - such as that stupid border wall.

I guess I would say "Pro Ignorance for Trump" it's like how they don't want to have Covid19 test because that would only prove people have the virus... but they have the virus... NOT IF WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!

Remember to stay away from pregnancy tests unless you want a child, and never check your oil so you don't have to add any.

^ I remember I was eating sushi when Trump decided to just take the money the legislature had voted for other projects to dump into a wall that didn't work and would be built by a large donor to his campaign... I thought "man this is great sushi, and Trump just committed a violation of the constitutional divisions of power by surplanting legislative intent and their unenumerated power of the purse." What I would have never have guessed is that a few years later we would be having meat shortages and his followers would be saying public health regulations were actually unconstitutional.

^ she aint running this time. If you vote for this "there are many per capitas" idiot you are doing it because... ya dumb

Trump vs. Biden is more favorable towards the democratic side, yes. Though personally I still believe that it isn't enough to offset Trump and that Biden is a mistake. To repeat the point I made on his thread, you're running a democratic candidate that lost California. The DNC should have a contested convention with Bernie.

Also, you raise "There are many per capitas" and I raise "poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids". The question here is not which of this candidates is best, it's "I wonder if russia trying to upend the american political class is that much of a bad thing with this roster?" :p