The "New Toys" Thread

I haven’t bothered with the standard Airpods since they’re a copy of the wired version, which won’t stay in my ear for more than a second before they fall out. I need the rubber tip.

The AirPods Pro *feel* like they’re going to fall out, but I haven’t managed to shake one loose yet which is a very good sign.

They sound excellent, too. I don’t think my cheap Sennheiser ANC cans will see much use going forward.

I like the Pro rubber tips version one of AirPods were meh

Sennheisers "are you listening" tagline is kinda scary

If a global pandemic isn't going to stop you, I've got bad news I'm afraid. :p

The UK is 80% the size of Finland, but you have roughly 12 times the population. :p There's nothing stopping me from going about my day like usual, except that I've had lunch out of a styrofoam takeout box in the breakroom for the past month or so. Sometimes living in a sparsely populated country has its advantages.

I can't effing wait to go to the pub again, though.

If they released the damn things in black I'd probably buy them, I know they're tiny but I just hate the bright white.

If you feel like spending the premium, ColorWare will sell you AirPods Pro in basically any color you feel like.

1589475616991.png

Yeah that's quite a premium, impressive though that they're able to paint so many items. I wonder how they do it, they can't be taking these things apart surely.

I saw Elgato's new 4K60 capture device, watched review videos that picked up issues and through a process of escalation I ended up buying something more advanced:

IMG_5214.jpg

I made a video to show off what it can do and talk about why I got it.

I've been on eBay again.

442wo8.gif

Brand new in box From the 1960s (or thereabouts)!
IMG_5490_S1920.jpg

It's a Lucas Audio stereo cassette player!
IMG_5495_S1920.jpg

IMG_5493_S1920.jpg

Original brackets and screws included
IMG_5491_S1920.jpg

Not tried it yet, not sure if it needs new belts. Will report back when I have tested it.

I have a EU spec Electrolux with all the bells and whistles and while the motor output is abysmal, you can tell they tried to make it work by fitting seals and stuff to make sure most of the suction power makes it down to the actual nozzle.

I have to say, having the EU limit the power of vacuum cleaners feels like Finland has to suffer because electricity is scarce and expensive in Germany.

36ef4760a2fd1652af8f909c577561ed.jpg

It’s a Wowstick. Battery precision driver.. brilliant little device for repairing electronics.

I saw someone use something similar on a video and wondered what it was. Will have to investigate.

36ef4760a2fd1652af8f909c577561ed.jpg

It’s a Wowstick. Battery precision driver.. brilliant little device for repairing electronics.

That is a great name for your new sex toy! :ROFLMAO:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-41119355

It feels, yet again, like there are too many people employed with nothing to do other than to come up with silly regulations.

That said, it probably forced vacuum cleaner manufacturers to try to make the most of those 900 watts rather than just adding more power to compensate for a shit design.

This was posted in the “New Toys” thread after all. :)

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-41119355

It feels, yet again, like there are too many people employed with nothing to do other than to come up with silly regulations.

This has got to be the stupidest law I have heard of this year. and I have been made aware of some doozies!

But woe is the entire region if you fire the bureaucrats yes? :p

I actually had no idea about that, it should certainly be possible to make a vacuum cleaner that packs a punch at under 900W. Stick vacuums are what I consider as the standard now and they're much more energy efficient, with power and ergonomics improving all the time. That said, I was going to get rid of my 1500W Parkside wet & dry cleaner and now I'm very much not.

I actually had no idea about that, it should certainly be possible to make a vacuum cleaner that packs a punch at under 900W. Stick vacuums are what I consider as the standard now and they're much more energy efficient, with power and ergonomics improving all the time. That said, I was going to get rid of my 1500W Parkside wet & dry cleaner and now I'm very much not.

You say that now, but wait until you inadvertently suck up a neighborhood kid or two. As you rot in prison, you'll curse the 1,500W bastard that led to that tragic Summer's day you decided to clean up the Tesla's boot.