What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

It's 2020 so it was time to buy my first new vinyl record. I was introduced to Look Mum No Computer last week and I've really enjoyed his stuff, the crafty git has instrumentals exclusive to the EP and since it's all about the synths I wanted to hear them.
As promised, here's my latest vinyl haul, consisting of the discography of Swedish retro-prog sensation Hällas:

And since they came in the same box, here's @_Jules_ newest additions, which are special since it's not athmospheric black metal for once:

Katatonia's new album, which a critic described as "feeling like the album Tool might have made if they’d remembered what actual human emotions were."

And an alltime fave, Loreena McKennitt's mid-nineties celtic rock meets world music hit "The Mask and Mirror".

What's still on backorder, sadly, is Myrkur's brilliant move from Black Metal to (Neo)folk "Folkesang".

As promised, here's my latest vinyl haul, consisting of the discography of Swedish retro-prog sensation Hällas:

And since they came in the same box, here's @_Jules_ newest additions, which are special since it's not athmospheric black metal for once:

Katatonia's new album, which a critic described as "feeling like the album Tool might have made if they’d remembered what actual human emotions were."

And an alltime fave, Loreena McKennitt's mid-nineties celtic rock meets world music hit "The Mask and Mirror".

What's still on backorder, sadly, is Myrkur's brilliant move from Black Metal to (Neo)folk "Folkesang".

were these ordered online or through a local shop?

Katatonia's new album,

I have also been listening to that one, pretty good...

which a critic described as "feeling like the album Tool might have made if they’d remembered what actual human emotions were."

Excuse me but what

200w.gif

Aw yiss, mighty car mod stuff!

A613FAE4-17F0-4440-BCCB-C332B691317B.jpeg

That's really cool. I rarely watch their stuff these days as their era of Japanese stuff does absolutely nothing for me. The Subarute was great though.

That's really cool. I rarely watch their stuff these days as their era of Japanese stuff does absolutely nothing for me. The Subarute was great though.

Most of their Subaru stuff that they've done isn't really my style either, something about this little car and the Christmas special they made really struck a chord with me. That car is one of the few Japanese cars I'd want in my garage given the chance.

:idiot:That critic clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

:idiot:That critic clearly has no idea what they're talking about.
My complete and utter disdain for Tool is well know, so I'll stay out of this - but @_Jules_ , who is a Maynard superfan, actually agrees with the critic.

From the Telegrams: "I remember how much I was looking forward to the new Tool album and that nothing on it touched me emotionally. Seems like this critic had a similar experience."

Damn Facebook ads.
f5f8b6402bc87fe3b4ef54aac82b12c0.jpg
ed5f141b927d5489f0961e149ed5ea16.jpg

I bought the cheapest POS pressure washer from Home Depot. $100 Ryobi electric thing. Works good for how little I’ll use it. A couple of years ago I used dads gas powered one and thought that was a bit ridiculous to wash a deck and walkway with. Seems to work well.

D3591A92-B475-46B6-962C-2E840D5430F9.jpeg

I bought the cheapest POS pressure washer from Home Depot. $100 Ryobi electric thing. Works good for how little I’ll use it. A couple of years ago I used dads gas powered one and thought that was a bit ridiculous to wash a deck and walkway with. Seems to work well.

View attachment 3558164

Congratulations. You've passed the next stage or your man training - using a jetwash to write a curse word in the grime on your path.

You would have got extra bonus points if you'd written "Fuck Da Po-Po!" in letters big enough to be seen from your local police chopper and then called 911 to report a prowler in your back yard.

Now get a cheap surface cleaner for it, those things are a revelation all on their own.

Oh boy, more Adventures in Home Repair!

I bought a 1/2 in. Mixing Valve, why? I don't want to burn my feet when I finish with heating my kitchen floor with hot water from the boiler. Why would you want to heat your floor? Why the fuck not? Next is to probably do the master bathroom when I get around to replacing the blue toilet and brick red tile.

Specifically, this one: https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/product/~product_id=24504

I chose one with SharkBite fittings because it means all I have to do is clean up the ends of the pipe and slam them home. No screwing with sweating pipes together with solder and a torch... I can do it, but it's messy and I don't feel like catching my floor on fire.

View attachment 3558164
I mean, sure, but drawing a penis and balls is the more logical course of action. Disappoint.

UwU thicc foam.