Last TV show you saw?

Binging through Firefly once again for it's legal age - damn, what a brilliant series that is, it's a shame it was axed after just one season. ?

Space Force (2020)

Most of the humor is blunt and cringy, and most characters (apart from the scientists) are stereotypic caricature morons incapable of living outside of such a TV-show , but the the wife-in-jail subplot was unusual and hence great, and John Malkovitch was a joy to watch.

Overall very silly, and the mildly military setting was a big hurdle for my supension of disbelief, but I was still amused.

Binging through Firefly once again for it's legal age - damn, what a brilliant series that is, it's a shame it was axed after just one season. ?
Also a shame that Joss Whedon turned out to be such a douchebag; he's been accused of being abusive while working on Justice League, Kevin Smith has corroborated many of the accusations against Joss, and Charisma Carpenter has come out and said he was an abusive creep as far back as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, firing Carpenter when she got pregnant.

Moving on, we've been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel since we had never seen it before. Loving that show, but man, is it hard to watch the main character bomb on stage at times. They've done a really good job getting the audience invested in the characters.

Also a shame that Joss Whedon turned out to be such a douchebag; he's been accused of being abusive while working on Justice League, Kevin Smith has corroborated many of the accusations against Joss, and Charisma Carpenter has come out and said he was an abusive creep as far back as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, firing Carpenter when she got pregnant.

What the fuck is with so many people in the film industry turning out to be disgusting freaks?

Moving on, we've been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel since we had never seen it before. Loving that show, but man, is it hard to watch the main character bomb on stage at times. They've done a really good job getting the audience invested in the characters.

I've been trying to not want to watch that as Amazon is pushing so hard on their website and Prime video app... The picture they use for the ad reminds me of Rachel McAdams in Sherlock Holmes and I just...... *sigh* :wub:

So I will probably watch it soon.

I had avoided it for the same reason, but it's really well done. We finally caved after our friends asked for the 5th time if we'd started watching yet and reiterated that they thought we would like it. This is friend that I geek out with on SciFi stuff all the time, so we gave it a shot.... and binged 4 hours on the first day.

Mrs Maisel is great, feel bad for the kids at times though.

Anyone watch Fleabag?

I just finished (pun intended) Bordertown. A seriously great crime show from Finland.
Now starting Dark.

Mrs Maisel is great, feel bad for the kids at times though.

Anyone watch Fleabag?
The kids aren't even characters, they are props and I'm fine with that. It's an adult show and kids that are the age of her children are kind of like that anyway. You can't talk to them yet, at least in any meaningfully adult manner, so what purpose would they serve in the show? They just provide material for her jokes and keep her and Joel locked together, and therefore the entire cast.

The kids aren't even characters, they are props and I'm fine with that. It's an adult show and kids that are the age of her children are kind of like that anyway. You can't talk to them yet, at least in any meaningfully adult manner, so what purpose would they serve in the show? They just provide material for her jokes and keep her and Joel locked together, and therefore the entire cast.

For most of the show I am fine with it, but the Catskills episodes kind of bothered me. They literally left the baby in the car and walked away from it.

They have full time maid/nanny and a whole staff of people. Remember, this is 1959/1960 and kids were not thought of the same way they are today - especially by the wealthy. You have kids and hire someone else to raise them until they are a viable receptacle for your legacy and fortune.

I'm binge-watching Breaking Bad (2008). Never seen it before, and I'm currently at season 2. And it's an absolute riot.

Granted I 5-second skip some filler parts with the White-wife and her sister-in-law, but all the other plot threads are great.

I'm binge-watching Breaking Bad (2008). Never seen it before, and I'm currently at season 2. And it's an absolute riot.

Granted I 5-second skip some filler parts with the White-wife and her sister-in-law, but all the other plot threads are great.

Better Call Saul is the prequel to Breaking Bad, and Netflix made a show called ElCamino: A Breaking Bad Movie is the follow up. Both are very good.

Reactions: lip

Maybe if I did this I would enjoy it more, I never got it unfortunately. My collection of QI episodes is almost complete so I've been watching those.

Reactions: lip

And now, after two weeks more, it's done. - Seen all five seasons. - And damn, this show was freaking awesome!

I watched a few episodes of The Umbrella Academy. Looks promising, a little cheeseball and Ellen Page has the worst lines and no emotion to what shes doing. I get that shes playing the "non-special" daughter of the family, but come one. Make it like you want to act.

I watched a few episodes of The Umbrella Academy. Looks promising, a little cheeseball and Ellen Page has the worst lines and no emotion to what shes doing. I get that shes playing the "non-special" daughter of the family, but come one. Make it like you want to act.

Ah! I figured it out! The guy in the private investigator crew is the same actor as Ed Kemper in Mindhunter. Only the voice was the same, well done!

I rewatched season 1 of The Umbrella Academy on Friday and Saturday, then started season 2 Saturday night. I finished it by 10 Sunday morning.

Yes, I like the show, and I recommend it.

ErMmbXe.jpg

Can also recommend the Umbrella Academy. That is if you like abusive family relationships and normal looking people with super powers.

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 2 are out :woot:

"Season 2! New and improved! Now with 50% more explosive decapitations, terrorists, S&M hookers, cults, and a new pine fresh scent! But wait, there’s more! 2X MORE blood, guts and gore than the other leading brands! This exclusive offer is available only on Amazon Prime Video! Don't Delay! Order now!"

Watching episode 1, it's going to be hard to not binge it!