Random Thoughts....

tumblr_d351f70861e4c85d00bf0a506412609f_523c02aa_2048.jpg

I dunno, I think 2020 is like Hell's Revenge. Hell going up, Revenge coming down. /glass half empty

As I said on the Telegrams - places like the Koreas are on the third pandemic this century, while Rwanda is battling the worst Ebola outbreak in the history of mankind. And you guys all go "omg 2020 sucks so much cause I have to stay at home and watch Netflix" while at the same time buying houses, moving in with girlfriends, making relocation plans...

I talked to a friend the other day about how techbros create (social) problems by reckless application of technology and then think they can engineer their way out of the very problem they created by applying more technology. Luckily for us, covid is a problem we can engineer a way out of.

Nah, for me personally, I disagree - 2020 has been a pretty shitty year, even outside of COVID. :( Though COVID hasn't helped things - close family members have lost their jobs, so we've been drawing up financial assistance plans... and sadly, I've been writing more condolences and donating to funeral expenses than I count. (It seemed that everyone's parents or grandparents have died in the past month.)

Again, I do see the point - I recognize that we're fortunate, but I won't deny the financial and mental toll that this year has brought - with or without COVID.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that @Kiki - I did not want to comment on anyone's personal situation but more on the avalance of "mi mi mi" memes like above.

All good and fair points. I mean, just listen to me, the only thing I can do help others right now is to spend whatever I can to keep our friends and fam fed, donate to causes/funerals etc. That means I'm still working etc., and I should be thankful for that.

The low parts are that it's been hard consoling friends going through a tough time because I'm a total hugger ? ... but even then, it's not like I'm worried about bleeding out of my orfices (yet).

Reactions: MWF
As I said on the Telegrams - places like the Koreas are on the third pandemic this century, while Rwanda is battling the worst Ebola outbreak in the history of mankind. And you guys all go "omg 2020 sucks so much cause I have to stay at home and watch Netflix" while at the same time buying houses, moving in with girlfriends, making relocation plans...

I talked to a friend the other day about how techbros create (social) problems by reckless application of technology and then think they can engineer their way out of the very problem they created by applying more technology. Luckily for us, covid is a problem we can engineer a way out of.

*Raises eyebrow*

We're just having fun here Doc. I am actually now a bit worried about the people you're surrounding with if you took those memes as 'woe is me'. The simple fact that we can post memes about it is proof positive that we are likely to come out alright. First-class gallows humor, if you will.

I can always just blame Telegram for this. :p I am saddened to hear that it has been a bit harder for you @Kiki. I am also happy that we have a corona diary thread on the NSFW section so we can support one another when times are hard.

The low parts are that it's been hard consoling friends going through a tough time because I'm a total hugger ? ... but even then, it's not like I'm worried about bleeding out of my orfices (yet).

Some of us have nobody to hug. I'd gladly welcome one <_<

Basically bathwater? The Great Lakes are not supposed to be that warm.

Basically bathwater? The Great Lakes are not supposed to be that warm.

Well that's not fun. As a kid I can remember Lake Michigan at Foster beach to be damn cold even on the hottest of days. You only went in to cool off, then you're out because you'd start shivering.

But at least lightening bugs are coming back, it's been a while since I saw so many at night...

I have some lightning bugs you can come collect.

Went swimming in Marquette today. There were alternating waves of cool and warm water. Was strange.

Lake Superior should be cool at the warmest, and downright cold at times.