The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

The Canadian Air Force Snowbirds are currently doing a COVID-19 Canadian tour, and they passed over my house this afternoon:

DSC_9697d5f70dbc0721adb5.jpg

DSC_9699198d9f5196ae4392.jpg

Camera was in the wrong mode, and I realised afterwards that the lens is super dirty. Oh well...

RAF Red Arrows and the Patrouille de France fly over Paris and London to mark 80 years since Charles De Gaulle’s historic speech to occupied France.

Turn the volume up!

No more 747's for them? Only A380?

They have A330s, and I think also A350s.

No more 747's for them? Only A380?

747s are fairly old these days. The pandemic pushed up the retirement date a bit too.

Just had to remember that the newest one, the 8I, is already 9 years old. Oops.

747s are fairly old these days. The pandemic pushed up the retirement date a bit too.

As a non-plane plane enthusiast, I'm not sure what that says about our airplane fleets, but I couldn't tell much between the 747, 767, 777 and smaller commuter 737, 757, Embraer 175, to airbus a320.

The 747 has a hump on its back, even non plane buffs know what those are.

That’s why you book a window seat and look outside. :mrgreen:

Until you open the shade and see a grease spot from somebody elses head. :sick2:

Hopefully that's no longer an issue.

Until you open the shade and see a grease spot from somebody elses head. :sick2:

Hopefully that's no longer an issue.
Confession time: I started packing individually wrapped wet wipes for cleaning the windows. Not because I was worried about “germs”, but because I hate it when a dirty window ruins my photos. One pass with the wipe and another pass with a tissue (a dry and clean one, naturally) work wonders as long as the window itself isn’t scratched too badly.