Ownership Verified: Anesthesia's american 2-wheel - "bob"

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '07 Dyna
So I pulled the trigger and bought a Harley Davidson. Ever since I saw that certain Austrian on that certain bike I knew I wanted one. So, I traded in a bike that's reputation is being reliable to something that's reputation is mostly dropping parts(Funny how that old bike was never reliable). Fortunately due to the crowds I ride with I knew I could buy this and not need someone with a van or magnet to follow me and pick up the bits that fell off! :D

It is a 2007 Dyna Street Bob, 1600 engine.

It has the follwing mods at the moment. Vance & Hines short shot exhaust and software, RacingBros fully adjustable rear suspension, LED headlight, Biltwell risers, hard bags with quick release, and some front fairing, Some sissybar with the HD skull.

My plans are as follow, I will look in to a more round front fairing, I may paint the bags the same matt finish the bike is and I will look at lower risers. I also may remove the sissybar, but having something to tie my bag on is handy, visually I'd prefer it without.For the rest of the season I won't do anything since mostly what I would have had to do to other bikes I looked at are already done to this one.

XPUnhlU.jpg

wboi3NH.jpg

u5W8Al0.jpg

ygkr8O0.jpg

Z2kzEKT.jpg

So cruising for a few days the following will be done. I'll take the sissybar off, handy it may be but I prefer a cleaner look. I'll also try coating the bags with plastidip to see how the matt black finish looks before actually painting them. I've also found that the maker of the front fairing sells short screens for that fairing and I've already sent mail asking about availability at the local dealer.

Sound clip

Congrats. May it give you all the enjoyment such a toy should bring.

It is a good looking bike. Not a fan of the punisher style "sissy bar", but you already plan to remove it.

I've changed my mind on Harleys, I quite like the sound now. It may not be an engineering masterpiece, but it makes up for it by giving it a personality. I'd rather have a bike that creates an experience every time I fire it up and commute, then one which can go a speed I'll never be able to legally achieve.

Congrats. May it give you all the enjoyment such a toy should bring.

It is a good looking bike. Not a fan of the punisher style "sissy bar", but you already plan to remove it.
Thanks, so far it's been exactly what I was expecting. I was about to remove the sissybar at work but I was foiled by only having metric tools. Oh well later on then. :D

I've changed my mind on Harleys, I quite like the sound now. It may not be an engineering masterpiece, but it makes up for it by giving it a personality. I'd rather have a bike that creates an experience every time I fire it up and commute, then one which can go a speed I'll never be able to legally achieve.
That's what I've always thought. On the roadtrip we did I spent a day with a sportsbike and that just verified this. That said they are still impressive and fun to try every now and then. :)

And the sissybar is now off. Better without it.
Didn't take long for me to put the tools on it. :D
00ZmUev.jpg

Season over. With all that's happened and been going on sadly I've managed to put the least amount of mileage on a bike eve(granted I've only had it for a few months. But anyt mileage in three digits is a shame! I'll make it up next year! :D

During the winter I'm going to find a shorter screen for the fairing, do some testing with the bags. I'll also drop the rear a bit.

All packed in. Also featuring the white scooter I painted and the ex-Galantti scooter.
xx4uZVE.jpg

xxP7HqC.jpg

3viTO0F.jpg

I did the plastidip test on the bags to see how they match the bike. The front fairing was already plastidipped as I found out. The end result turned out acceptably well.

Before:
hl5LLdY.jpg

After
l6zYN0K.jpg

Vm0JWiw.jpg