The "Things that annoy me" thread

My friend made a wholesome video, it took weeks of work and about a week of editing. Someone stole it, cut off his watermarks, and uploaded it to reddit where it has 30,000 upvotes and it sitting on the front page of a huge sub - and he didn't get a single view out of it.

Someone stole it,
I want to say something quippy, but all I can think of is that Kyle Broflovski quote.

But what a VERY cool video from your friend!

Yeah, it's gone majorly viral. It's on Digg, 9Gag, a dozen subreddits, Grand Tour Nation, MSN.com, Yahoo news and a dozen other sites. So far his actual video only has 300K views. :mad:

Yeah, it's gone majorly viral. It's on Digg, 9Gag, a dozen subreddits, Grand Tour Nation, MSN.com, Yahoo news and a dozen other sites. So far his actual video only has 300K views. :mad:

You could link to the actual video instead, so we'll at least do a tiny bump.

I did, it's a few posts up.

*facepalm* It's been way too long since I've seen something written as "1500k" My brain somehow took it as "either/or" and thought you just meant "one thousand, five hundred". LIke 1500, or 1.5K.

Aaaaaanyway....

:lol:

I am trying to find white cables and splitters for my under cabinet lighting. I am having the hardest time. Apparently 1.3mm ID x 3.5mm OD 12v cables in varying lengths (why is almost everything like 20ft/5+ meters?), varying male/female configs, etc is some super niche format. Even in black, I can't seem to find everything I need.

It's one of those things for me like tubeless toilet paper. Why isn't this the standard! It's like if we still sold black and white TV's right next to color for the same price and the majority of people bought the B&W.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but up until pretty recently, the brown Listerine mouthwash sold better than any of the minty flavors, because people thought it must work better because it tasted worse.

*facepalm* It's been way too long since I've seen something written as "1500k" My brain somehow took it as "either/or" and thought you just meant "one thousand, five hundred". LIke 1500, or 1.5K.
:lmao: I just stuck to the original scale from "300k"... meanwhile, it's at 6500k :clap:

Friends becoming overwhelmed and/or weird is annoying. My best friend from highschool married someone who, to put it mildly, doesn't really approach housework with enthusiasm. Couple that with a toddler, a pregnancy, a couple of guinea pigs, a newly built unfinished house and his tendencies to overthink/overcomplicate things and get distracted and their home is in desperate need of about a solid week of thorough cleaning. As in "I've stayed in tropical hostels that didn't even have real walls and they were still cleaner than this".

Another friend's life now revolves around little else than psychotherapy, dogs and "evil" relatives. It's only got worse over the years that I've known her and I'm starting to think she may never get out of that spiral. Her place may be pretty clean, but that seems to be due to her husband's efforts, and several rooms are completely messy.

After recent visits to the homes of both, I've needed an entire day to get over the shock(s). I like them, but their issues are a bit much.

Drove an hour to a store yesterday for two things that went on sale on Monday: they were out of both, didn't know when they were getting more in, can't order it and have it shipped for me, and aren't compiling a waiting list even though the sale is going on for 3 more weeks. *sigh* Guess those projects will need to wait...

Last edited:
Ordered all the parts I need for a Raspberry Pi retro gaming emilation console from Amazon, and they all just delivered.

Except for the micro SD card, which I ordered from NOT Amazon to make sure I didn't get a counterfeit...and this morning, my order from last week just got put on backorder to October. So everything else I received is useless until I get an SD card. *facepalm*

Except for the micro SD card, which I ordered from NOT Amazon to make sure I didn't get a counterfeit...and this morning, my order from last week just got put on backorder to October. So everything else I received is useless until I get an SD card. *facepalm*

It might be different in the US but I've always ordered Sandisk Micro SD cards that are sold and dispatched by Amazon, I don't believe I've ever received a counterfeit card. They're all consistent speed-wise.

It might be different in the US but I've always ordered Sandisk Micro SD cards that are sold and dispatched by Amazon, I don't believe I've ever received a counterfeit card. They're all consistent speed-wise.

I've only been burned once, but it was an expensive enough, and enough of an ordeal, that I buy cards direct from retailer websites or the manufacturers, for hardly any more money. This one was from Best Buy, and was 10 cents more than the Amazon price.

Still doing my research on what software I want to use. Reeeeally looking forward to it.

Ordered all the parts I need for a Raspberry Pi retro gaming emilation console from Amazon, and they all just delivered.

you should also check out the arduino esplora if you're into DIY gaming consoles

i've never put any games on it, but linked an RF-transmitter to it, and used it as a remote for my arduino powered RC car :cool:

you should also check out the arduino esplora if you're into DIY gaming consoles

i've never put any games on it, but linked an RF-transmitter to it, and used it as a remote for my arduino powered RC car :cool:

I ended up with the Pi, because it had the most streamlined experience with RetroPie, the enormous aftermarket of cases, etc.

I'm actually a little disappointed in the performance. Looots of screen tearing with even just SNES. Games also feel very...rubber band-y. I'm using a wired controller, so it's either emulator lag, or lag with my TV (which could be the case...Vizio M series from 2 years ago, i think).

I do need to spend some time, though, to get arcade games working better, though...I can only seem to get about 3 arcade games working, but none of the ones I really wanted...