Citroen Ami - simple, short range ev

It's a golf cart. :cautious:

45 is a terrible [legally motivated, I know] choice for a top speed. City traffic tends to flow at around 55ish, so you're slow enough to be a menace to society while fast enough to be let onto the road.

Also, what's the big deal about an electric L6e vehicle? The Twizy 45 has been around for almost a decade now.

And it was never not-terrible.

Also, what's the big deal about an electric L6e vehicle? The Twizy 45 has been around for almost a decade now.

This one has doors and looks less like a quadcycle? ?‍♂️

I dunno, I thought these were supposed to make sense in city centers, but if you tell me that the flow of traffic is faster, I am now sure what they bring to the table.

This one has doors and looks less like a quadcycle? ?‍♂️

I dunno, I thought these were supposed to make sense in city centers, but if you tell me that the flow of traffic is faster, I am now sure what they bring to the table.
You can spec optional doors on the Twizy :p and you don't have to have the 45km/h version, there is a faster one too that even drifts.

45km/h brings one thing to the table, and one thing alone: You can drive it on a Euro AM license, usually from 15 or 16 years old, some local variations apply.

You can spec optional doors on the Twizy :p and you don't have to have the 45km/h version, there is a faster one too that even drifts.

45km/h brings one thing to the table, and one thing alone: You can drive it on a Euro AM license, usually from 15 or 16 years old, some local variations apply.

The only thing it brings to the table is that it's a rolling roadblock.

Nothing (or nobody) that isn't able to do the posted speed limit +20 should be allowed onto public roads, unless it's a lorry or farm equipment.

Those shitty no-license-required "cars" are everywhere in France and I just don't get it, they're slow, unsafe and only driven by people who have had their license removed because of speeding, drinking, etc. The last type of people you'd still want on the road.

scooters etc are limited by law to 45kmh
they also use public roads...

scooters etc are limited by law to 45kmh
they also use public roads...

But they're on the shoulder, not in the lane gathering a queue of real cars behind them.

Those shitty no-license-required "cars" are everywhere in France and I just don't get it, they're slow, unsafe and only driven by people who have had their license removed because of speeding, drinking, etc. The last type of people you'd still want on the road.
If you lose your license for whatever reason you also lose your AM license so you wouldn't be allowed to drive this.

But that doesn't apply for anyone born before 1988, as well as some born after on some conditions, who don't need the AM license, or any type of license or driving experience, to get behind the wheel and drive them.

I think it's interesting AF. Not my jam but the whole 14 year olds can drive it angle.

Kudos to them for making something attainable that doesn't look like complete ass though.

I think it's interesting AF. Not my jam but the whole 14 year olds can drive it angle.

Kudos to them for making something attainable that doesn't look like complete ass though.
That’s been a thing for a while in the US. Farm kids can get a license or special use license to operate farm equipment on the road.

That’s been a thing for a while in the US. Farm kids can get a license or special use license to operate farm equipment on the road.
That's a thing in .de too, class L for slow and T for fast tractors / farm equipment, from 16.