Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I got a “promotion.”

Since 2012, I’ve been in field service for gas and oil burners. One of our top guys left in January and the office has been scrambling for a person who knows tech for calls, tricky parts search and quoting, RMA processing, and of course my “favorite” contractor training. The previous guy did this and now I’m in charge. Lately I’ve grown tired of traveling across the country every week having no home life except for the weekends. This hopefully is a good change. I’m promised a raise will happen but nothing is written so when it doesn’t happen, I’ll point it out again. If again nothing changes I’ll request to move back into the field because what’s the point of taking on higher responsibility without extra compensation?

Well that hasn't changed a damn bit. Still traveling just as much only with more responsibility.

Make that 65 now, which puts me at my lowest measured weight since high school. And—at 231 lbs (down from 296.2)—dangerously close to 220s, at the end of which is the lovely 100 kg milestone.

225.4 lb this morning, 70.8 down. Been in the 220s since 12/31, which was a fantastic way to end 2019 and begin 2020.

I first hit 230 on 10/9, and found myself at a serious plateau. Now, a few months later, I seem to have broken through it pretty unquestionably.

Next few checkpoints:
• 220.4 by end of Jan, as that's 99.97 kg and it would be super duper totes cool to be below 100 kg (or, as we say it in Balkans "sto kila").
• 219.8 immediately after, digging into the 210s.
• 216.2 by 2/9, for a drop of 80 in one year of this adventure.
• 215 is what my mom remembers me weighing in at in the summer of 2005, after freshman year of college. That's the lowest known weight after the freshman 15 50.

Ultimate goal is probably 180s. I don't really know, since I've never gotten close enough to gauge it. I'm aiming for fit and muscular build, and I have a somewhat large frame, which should support some serious muscle weight. We'll see what it is when I get there.

I feel a bit empty now.

So does that means PhD stands for Particularly Huge Dump? ;)

Congrats dude. You can now officially.....

:cool:

......bug the hell out of people.
:drums:

I have an MBA now.

Welp, following up on the previous update, things haven't exactly gone to plan, ha!

As at least some of you noticed, we got ourselves quite a global pandemic in the meantime. And I happen to live in a developing country, so it's been extra bad here.

But that aside, I definitely ate a lot of my feelings when it first started. A quick overall timeline:
• 2/9/2019, start of journey: 292.6 lb
• 1/24/2020, lowest point: 224.6
• 3/13/2020, pandemic/WFH start: 237.2
• 6/22/2020, highest pandemic point: 262.2
• 8/13/2020, lowest pandemic point: 233

So, shit went bad, real bad, but then I recovered. I undid all the damage, and am now progressing further. Feels good to be back.

Here's a fun little graph of the whole thing:

vE00V0q.png

After a year and half of papers, tests and waiting, our application for permanent residence in Canada was finally approved! Now we just need to wait for the damn COVID to fuck off so that the borders can reopen :woot:
We’ve finally arrived in Vancouver!

Somehow we were able to leave France the day before the second confinement started, now we’re in self-isolation for 14 days in Vancouver :)

We’ve finally arrived in Vancouver!

Somehow we were able to leave France the day before the second confinement started, now we’re in self-isolation for 14 days in Vancouver :)
Yay!! You guys are so much closer now!!

I would love to move to the west coast, if I had work opportunities and if I could afford a house there.

So I got a new job with the same company I have been working for for the last couple of years, as of Monday I am officially their automotive test driver.

So I got a new job with the same company I have been working for for the last couple of years, as of Monday I am officially their automotive test driver.

Identity confirmed, you are northern Europe’s Max Venturi. ?