The Music Thread

24 years old!

Last edited:
After several years of using Google Play Music, the service is being shut down and everyone is being forced to YouTube Music. I'm not particularly happy with YouTube Music's steaming hot turd of an interface, so I'm jumping over to Spotify to see if I like it anymore. I just finished recreating a bunch of playlists as best I could and some more fine tuning is needed on several of them. I figured I would share them in case anyone wanted to have a listen or recommend any additions.

2 Wheels, 2 Lanes
Cruisin'
Whiskey and Cigars
Ticket Magnet
Strong Cup of Coffee
Jazz After Dark (This was first built around the Jazz After Dark compilation albums, but Spotify doesn't have the license; I've done my best to recreate it)
Go West (still needs a lot of work, two of the key albums I originally used are not on Spotify)
Hollywood (still needs a lot of work, I just started this one around iconic movie themes and scores)

Floor Jansen of Nightwish obviously got bored in these Corona times. Instead of being on tour with the band, she started recording some cover versions at home, it seems...

I heard about these before, but I always find it interesting what people are willing to do to get around policies and laws that are truly repressive.

https://bheater.substack.com/p/music-on-ribs

Music on ribs​

A criminally hooligan trend​

It really is cold in the north.

Melbourne can be kinda cold and miserable...

Anyway... I came here to check if anyone else had watched the Tesseract Portals streamed show, but I guess the proggy kids haven't been here yet.
Maybe I have to use the word 'djent' and wait for @Crazyjeeper or @Der Stig to appear...

Last edited:
I'm sure it can, but it isn't the north. Unless the Australian north is our south. You know, some sort of geographical oddity.

Like the equator?

I'm sure it can, but it isn't the north. Unless the Australian north is our south. You know, some sort of geographical oddity.
Having just killed brain cells listening to part of it, I'm certain it's a product of living in Melbourne. It's a shithole, and the people are fucking strange.

Having just killed brain cells listening to part of it, I'm certain it's a product of living in Melbourne. It's a shithole, and the people are fucking strange.
See, oddly, I thought it was the result of living in the US rust belt. Which is also odd and full of strange folk.

See, oddly, I thought it was the result of living in the US rust belt. Which is also odd and full of strange folk.
Can confirm. :D