The "Things that annoy me" thread

2-sided posters.

Not only is there usually not a way to get a second one to be able to display both, but you can see the design on the "back" through the front poster's light areas. You can sort of mitigate this by using a black back board, but that makes white areas of the front poster look less pristine.

Thanks coworker who just gave me December’s worth of reports so I can invoice all of December on the last working day of the year...

Mechanics who don't show up after they called ahead with a time.
Flipside: We encountered a janitor who was supposed to let a tech in on a Friday afternoon to do a quick install... tech called that he was stuck in traffic and would be 15 minutes late. Janitors reaction? „Yeah... I can’t wait that long, I’ll be leaving now and going on vacation for two weeks. Goodbye.“ ... and he did. We had to find another janitor and make a new appointment :|

I need Autotempest to allow to exclude brands. A Chevy Tax, Nissan Rogue, or Kia Soul are not wagons.

Customer service, what a contradiction in terms!

Lets begin with my internet service. It went out minutes into the new year, 30 of them to be exact. Normally, I would file this under shit happens, but the ISP/cable company just replaced the fiber cable in my subdivision at the end of November. It would seem to me while they were in here doing that sort of work they would check everyone's drop to the house and replace as needed at that time, but no, they wait several weeks and come to the door after dark and report a weird signal on Christmas Eve(I did not know this until after the internet went out) and do nothing else. Fast forward a week and when I call in to report the problem I get the run around. First the automated system is shit, tells me there is no outage in my area and then tries talking me through stuff I already did( resetting the modem and router). Then the first person I got was trying to get me to do that again, but I explained I already did that and the way the lights on the modem were blinking and almost all yellow(indicates a problem). They then went "Uh, are you sure. I don't think that is possible" and dropped the call when I confirmed. The automated phone system was not happy I was calling again and repeated the above approach for 5 minutes and then put me in touch with a tech that was having their own network problem and could not even find the account. They wanted to do it through the phone number instead of the damn address, but even the address did not work so I got handed off to billing to see if they could find me. This got settled after a few minutes and they handed me back to support and this person was great, but her computer was shit. The keyboard stopped working while we were on the phone and I had to wait while they replaced it. Then they could not get to me until Saturday, which was a bit longer than I wanted to wait, but fine. They were supposed to call me on my cell phone, but because of the keyboard problems she input the main house phone, which is through the internet that was not working and a service I get through them.

Oh, I forgot to mention that every person except the guy that came to the door tried to sell me the cell phone service as part of the bundle.

They guy comes on Saturday, looks things over inside for all of three minutes and says the problem is clearly outside. He is out there for two minutes and comes to tell me the problem, some critter had chewed through the cable and it got wet due to the snow and rain and shorted out. It was at the point where the cable went into the box and quite easy to see. So he puts in the new drop, and everything is ducky. Again, this should have been looked at in November.

Next problem, cell phone billing help. I got a notification via email today (at 5pm) that the account is over due. This is strange because I have paid my bills. So I call them and their automated phone system is the worst thing ever devised by a sentient being that is over the age 0f 4. I don't know what clueless group designed that shit pile, but may they die in a painful and gruesome fashion. I then resort to plan B, I call the local service and sales office and they tell me to bring in my bill. I confirm the store just to make sure and then set off. Well, I get there and wait for twenty minutes while one of the three people there seems to be doing anything and then get told I have to go to the store across town because the person that can handle this is out on vacation. Oh, the store across town closes in 20 minutes because this is their deep clean day. At least they told me that, but why not tell me the person was on vacation?

FFS.

So this week is inventory control as it always is every first week of the year. I being in service had some parts from jobs in my car that I forgot to bring back. I bring them in and get told by my boss to put them on the shipping table because he doesn't want to have the bin count off. Ok, no problem, he will see them later and if count looks off, add my stuff in. Fast forward to today and now I'm getting reprimanded about whether the parts on the shipping table have been counted and whose location are they supposed to be in electronically.

WE TALKED ABOUT THIS.

It really annoys me that Facebook killed Craigslist* and now they have it all spammed up with crap stickers and goofy shit that ships to you. Plus, the search function almost seems to ignore whatever you actually searched for.

*And democracy, and forums, and, and, and....

I dispise but have used it. While I haven’t experienced your particular issues, the problem I have is morons who don’t put the correct price in the price field. Yes, people are sorting by price for a fucking reason. Trying to circumvent the algorithms are a waste of time. If I can’t afford it, I don’t want to see it. By adjust your price from the older $1 to something higher because you think you’re smart is equally as frustrating.

Capture.PNG

Some have 2 gears but yeah thats not technically correct.
OTOH a CVT is also technically one gear that gets bigger and those are also called automatic....

Some have 2 gears but yeah thats not technically correct.
OTOH a CVT is also technically one gear that gets bigger and those are also called automatic....
From the perspective of those that don't care, Manual you can select gears, auto means you have PRND.