The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Isn't it interesting how all this bullshittery of refusing to acknowledge the votes, trying to disenfranchise voters, threatening to toss out electors, and now refusing to seat a member of the opposing party seems to all come from the GOP?

How can the people voting for the GOP continue to do so without calling themselves fascists?

Isn't it interesting how all this bullshittery of refusing to acknowledge the votes, trying to disenfranchise voters, threatening to toss out electors, and now refusing to seat a member of the opposing party seems to all come from the GOP?

How can the people voting for the GOP continue to do so without calling themselves fascists?
Cuz they are trying to stop the steal™ and protect the democracy!!

Cuz they are trying to stop the steal™ and protect the democracy!!

By stealing the election and ending our democracy?

This is just more classic hypocrisy from the right. just like saying they are willing to die to protect free speech then crying foul when somebody says something they don't like, or protests in a way they detest.

Surprise to nobody, both races are tight. Both republicans lead as of 7Pm, but we will see where this goes.

Still too close to call.

Clearer results expected around lunch time Wednesday.

It’s easy for those of them who believe that the Republicans have a god-given right and/or duty to govern. When that party started to rely on and cater to the religious types more than anyone else, they opened Pandora’s box and out came the notion that with god’s help, they can never lose.

Actually, both parties are increasingly catering to religious (better said: fanatic) mentality.

It's the effect of selling ideas to the gut of the masses, like they were absolutes and there were no in-betweens, and like politics were a war to wage, a just cause in which the end justifies the means.

While I'd love to see Fetterman wring Congressional Republican necks, I don't see the leap from Lt Gov to VP happening. Maybe, maybe, a Cabinet position.

Well the question will be a Senator or Governor in 2022?

Okay, fine. Whatever they need to do to get through the stages of loss.

Wow, really?

Full Thread has much more :| can’t say I’m surprised.

I do want to know where the tear gas is, and the rubber bullets, etc., or do they just save those for the liberal protesters?

I do want to know where the tear gas is, and the rubber bullets, etc., or do they just save those for the liberal protesters?

Yes, I would very much like to know WTF law enforcement think they’re doing...

Full Thread has much more :| can’t say I’m surprised.

Also breaking news via TV, Pence rushed from the Capitol building.

Actually, both parties are increasingly catering to religious (better said: fanatic) mentality.

It's the effect of selling ideas to the gut of the masses, like they were absolutes and there were no in-betweens, and like politics were a war to wage, a just cause in which the end justifies the means.
I absolutely disagree with this. One party is objectively more corrupt in terms of indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions; one party has consistently tried to subvert the rule of law; one party is pandering to aggressive evangelicals and directly citing religion, god, and Jesus in their rhetoric. One party is trying to subvert democracy for their own gains, and trying to dismiss parts of ballots they don't like, but keep the parts of ballots they do like.

The parties are not the same.