Post your random dashcam videos thread

A Skoda going 140 mph!

My experience with Germany in general and the Autobahn in particular is very limited, but from what I've seen of how people behave on the autobahn, it's a thing of beauty. To the average Finnish driver, "driving carefully" means driving slower than everyone else, including joining the freeway at 20-30 less than the posted limit. These people also expect you to move over to make room for them, even if there's plenty of space in the lane as is. Sorry, but I'm not going to change lanes just because you don't know how to drive.

I loved seeing little old ladies in 1-liter Polos handling onramps like it's all they've ever done in life. Not to mention the gang of 911's charging past our bus, being chased by a rep in a diesel E class that probably just wanted to get to the office in time.

I saw some Sherps being transported last week.

Last Thursday, a highway truck blew a tire and had a not so great pull over to the shoulder....

What made me a bit angry this morning was watching the police officer behind me swerve around it and then speed past me a bit later on...

I know this particular interchange ramp is quite smooth as you can sometimes see sunlight reflect off of it, I didn't realize it was that slippery. I'm still on the factory Bridgestone all seasons. That was freaky even if it doesn't look that bad on video, the rear end started to rotate...

A hair too close for comfort.

OOF!

So while it was a disproportionate response on my part for video #2, she did actually mouth "What the fuck" while dropping her cellphone as if it was my fault that I magically appeared

It was rainy Thursday evening. I drove a large circle for fun from my house to Chicago and back. Happened to see this as I was getting on the highway.

”Spinning out in the rain” is just such a foreign concept to me. Maybe it’s our coarse road surfaces up here in the north because everyone keeps ruining the roads with their studded tires six months out of the year, but I’ve never been close to losing traction just because it was wet, except when I’ve been driving like an idiot of course. At normal legal speeds, no way.

Hydroplaning is a different thing, of course.

It was rainy Thursday evening. I drove a large circle for fun from my house to Chicago and back. Happened to see this as I was getting on the highway.

Listening to language lessons while driving around in circles. You are The Stig, aren't you? :D

”Spinning out in the rain” is just such a foreign concept to me. Maybe it’s our coarse road surfaces up here in the north because everyone keeps ruining the roads with their studded tires six months out of the year, but I’ve never been close to losing traction just because it was wet, except when I’ve been driving like an idiot of course. At normal legal speeds, no way.

This ramp has very smooth pavement and it’s been below freezing since mid December. Now it was a few degrees above freezing and raining so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some ice.

Listening to language lessons while driving around in circles. You are The Stig, aren't you? :D
If the stig retired and kept his food intake up. :)

Since there's a few cars sitting there, I'd venture to guess there was a slick spot. Either from ice or oil. Now, I don't think Illinois does a safety inspection (@93Flareside can correct me there) and even with one here in Missouri, I still see lots of people driving around on bald tires.

Last edited:
Since there's a few cars sitting there, I'd venture to guess there was a slick spot. Either from ice or oil. Now, I don't think Illinois does a safety inspection (@93Flareside can correct me there) and even one with here in Missouri, I still see lots of people driving around on bald tires.
Nope, the only inspection we have is OBD2 or post ‘94 cars must have the required emissions test which involves a code scan and nothing else.

I'm confused, are you getting lessons over the phone with a group? It would be spooky if a one-way audio language lesson somehow knew if you got something wrong.

I'm confused, are you getting lessons over the phone with a group? It would be spooky if a one-way audio language lesson somehow knew if you got something wrong.
Nah, @DaBoom sent me some audio lessons. I have been using Fluenz German, but I’ve been losing interest in the teaching style. Not sure how well this’ll work, but it’s something to try. It's the "I can't distract myself by screwing off on the internet, I have to listen and drive.

Last edited: