The "Things that annoy me" thread

Mine does the same. It's for getting the cat up to temperature faster, I think.

It's only for a short time after startup though. I usually back out of the garage and let the car idle while I get out of the car and close the garage door. By the time I get back in the car and buckle up, idle sinks back to normal usually.

Seemingly almosy nobody on youtube who unboxes something in a video (not even talking about "unboxing" videos or channels) ever seems to have an actual box cutter. Scissors, letter openers, kitchen knives... AvE gets a pass with the Bosch mini chainsaw...

Had a guy call in: "Judging by the voice as not sounding like you're from another country, I called the wrong office. Can you give me the number to the worthless Canadian office? They are indeed worthless."

Sure thing, fuckwit.

I knew who this was and I'm fine with pushing him off, this is a guy I spent half a day on the phone with trying to help him read a wiring diagram. He failed and then bitched about how difficult the drawing was. By all means, go complain to someone else.

Seemingly almosy nobody on youtube who unboxes something in a video (not even talking about "unboxing" videos or channels) ever seems to have an actual box cutter. Scissors, letter openers, kitchen knives... AvE gets a pass with the Bosch mini chainsaw...
You need some therapy, watch an 8-bit Guy or LGR donation unboxing video. They both use proper cutters and you'll get to see some nice vintage stuff too. Other than them, anyone who opens boxes with a Maker knife gets immediate respect. Not because I have one myself and backed the project, of course...

anyone who opens boxes with a Maker knife gets immediate respect. Not because I have one myself and backed the project, of course...
You know, I was aware of the knife, but never watched their promo video. I was ready to be 100% "meh" on it, but I gotta say...I'm impressed. Still not for me, as I'd rather have a handle that can store extra blades and a more comfortable handle...and also $50 for a box cutter is too rich for my blood...but impressed with how well it locks!

Also:
Online chinese food menus that don't describe the dish, specifically whether it's stir-fried meat, or battered/fried.

Last edited:
Also:
Online chinese food menus that don't describe the dish, specifically whether it's stir-fried meat, or battered/fried.

I thought that happened only around here! Also when they give generic names to their dishes, like: chinese rice, then you tap on it to see what's in it and it says... Chinese rice!

I thought that happened only around here! Also when they give generic names to their dishes, like: chinese rice, then you tap on it to see what's in it and it says... Chinese rice!

I've noticed that many restaurants who weren't already on the food delivery apps just rushed to put up "the basics": the name of the dish, and price. It seems like the only ones with photos, descriptions and allowing you to remove/add extra ingredients are ones that were clearly already in the "contracted out" delivery game.

CDBDA49E-B06E-4F7A-945E-3829B0211F51.jpeg

The friggin real estate market is an utter catastrophe.
Just tried to reach a realtor that put a house online tonight at 3:30 am (!) only to be greeted by the machine... I left a message an followed up with an e-mail straightaway. Knowing my luck, the place is most probably already sold* (unseen).

* we've made this experience before. By the time you reach the realtor, they can only tell you "already sold to someone who didn't even want to look at the place beforehand". In this case it's very much likely, because the house itself is in terrible condition, has a terrible floor plan and is thus fairly cheap. So cheap in fact, that the land alone is probably worth the asking price. Disgusting.

edit: yup, the listing is already gone...

Last edited:
Ugh. What a nightmare.

Yeah I have a few colleagues looking for houses who say the same thing. Houses are usually gone within the day, if you don’t offer atleast 15k€ more than the asking price you won’t even be close to getting it, which is weird.

14 years ago when purchasing my house, I got it for 8k€ UNDER the asking price, which is how it’s supposed to go IMO...

which is how it’s supposed to go IMO...

Yeah it’s entirely a sellers market atm. Very popular now: auctions. We looked at a property last year, discussed what we’d be happy to bid, sent the bid two days later only to be told „yeah no, we canceled the auction because somebody agreed to pay a ridiculous amount sorry...“ - after being told before they keep the auction open for at least another two weeks. Ffs. It’d be nice also if people would at least stop straight up lying.

Yep, been looking myself, and there was talk of the mortgage deferrals coming to an and, and there being a drop in the market due to Covid.
Great opportunity to finally get a place of my own.

Instead, the (already overpriced) market has grown 5% compared to when Covid hit, and now they anticipate that it will grow further, due to almost 0% interest rates.
Doesn't help that every price guide that the realtor's list ends up being at least 100K too low compared to what it ends up going for.

Apartments are over half a million, houses over a million even for a run down piece of completely uninhabitable crap.
I've been looking for villas and townhouses, with a garage and a tiny piece of backyard lawn, so I can have a dog, but anything even remotely viable is $800-970K.
It's complete bullshit.