The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

The oranges of hamberder is the media's unfair covfefe.
Whenever I see some Trumpists rambling about things, I usually ask them if they would like have "a side order of covfefe with that hamberder" (That was difficult to type, autocorrect almost killed me)

So, no need to bribe the owner anymore, hm?

I find it really satisfying to see that Trump, wo reportedly only entered the election race for 2016 asa means to beef up his brand name, and who shamelessly used his presidency to make money, now loses business all over as a result of his actions as president.

The article above is far from the only one I've seen...

So much for Don Jr. or Eric's (Don't remember which one) statement that he had the most valuable brand name in the world...

The fact is that the Trump name is now going to be a liability, from here on, basically almost any sort of connection with it is going to be viewed as toxic.

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani sued by Dominion voting machine firm​

A firm which provided voting machinery in last year's US presidential election is filing a defamation suit against Donald Trump's lawyer Rudolph Giuliani, seeking $1.3bn (£950m) in damages.

pdf

Nuts!

Supreme Court Gutters Emoluments Cases Against Trump​

No longer in office, former President Donald Trump doesn’t have to worry about claims that his businesses violate the U.S. Constitution’s emoluments clause.

For the Emoluments thing...If I'm understanding correctly*, I can't hold it against the Supreme Court if the case wasn't presented to them in time, so I can see why they wouldn't bother seeing the case now.

*and I may very well not be

For the Emoluments thing...If I'm understanding correctly*, I can't hold it against the Supreme Court if the case wasn't presented to them in time, so I can see why they wouldn't bother seeing the case now.

*and I may very well not be
This is how I understand it, too. As he is no longer president, Trump is not running afoul of the Emoluments Clause. I forget the details, but at least one if not both of the cases dismissed were asking for the court to order Trump to divest from his interests while acting as President. In that regard, it is moot.

However, the Court should still have taken it up and made a ruling. Two points to this:

1. If a federal employee is found to have benefited from their position, they must surrender what was earned, on top of whatever other punishments they get. You don't get to keep the spoils of your corruption.
  2. It tees up the next horrible thing: dismissing this as no longer relevant can and will be used as a point by the GOP to say the impeachment should be dropped as he is no longer in office. Which is an abhorrent and wholly un-American precedent to set, as it is saying that an elected official can do terrible things while in office and face no consequence from it so long as they resign at least one second before the Senate gavel comes down on a conviction.
Before someone dares draw a parallel to Nixon, he resigned before the House impeached him, whereas Cheeto Benito was impeached prior to leaving office.

Well, the USSC interprets existing laws. If retroactive surrender wasn't written into the law, I would say they are holding true to their purpose by not taking it on, and passing it back to legislators to re-make the law in the image they'd prefer for next time.

It tees up the next horrible thing: dismissing this as no longer relevant can and will be used as a point by the GOP to say the impeachment should be dropped as he is no longer in office. Which is an abhorrent and wholly un-American precedent to set, as it is saying that an elected official can do terrible things while in office and face no consequence from it so long as they resign at least one second before the Senate gavel comes down on a conviction.
I’m pretty sure that there are and will be many more cases against Trump, so this particular decision shouldn’t bear too much significance as far as wrong signals are concerned.

Well, one of the GOP reps in my state is trying.

51IxLwC.png

He should be an amusing witness.

Fascinating.

Probably just fake news and antifa, right?

My head hurts :sick:

Trump invents "The Office of the Former President" for himself - which doesn't exist.

Have any of you noticed just how refreshing it is to not have to wake up to a torrent of petty, angry tweets made by the commander in chief between 3 and 4 AM?