Weird Dreams Thread

Me too. :LOL:

I had a dream yesterday where I woke up in a house and went into the dining room to see people throwing stuff around. I asked what was going on and Corey Feldman (from the Burbs era) jumped up and yelled QUIET! We are filming here, abd he went back to throwing stuff into the kitchen. Somebody grad me from the side and pulled me back. I asked whose house is this. The guy that grabbed me said, It's cool, this is Feldman's Grandmothers place, and she needs a new kitchen, so we get to trash the old one to get the new one. I then walked out the front door and woke up.

Had a dream last night that I was visiting my brother who bought an old abandoned house. We were inside waiting for the rest of family to show up so my brother could show off his new purchase. Then it got stormy... Then warm and sunny, my sister showed up. Then I woke up.

Riveting, I know...

I often have dreams where a group of people does roadtrips in questionable vehicles. I think i have withdrawal syndrome.

I was driving in the last BMW E46 I owned in icy conditions when I saw a dog trying to cross the street but failing to get up on a massive snow/ice bank on the side he wanted to reach. First I stopped the car on the right side of the road to just observe the dog, but then I decided to help him and parked the car on the left side of the road. By the time I parked and got out of the car another driver just reached and helped him. I wanted to return to my car, but went to the spot I stopped the car at first, but obviously the car wasn't there anymore. Instead another car with a badly bashed front left parked there. I asked the driver if she had seen my car, she pointed out that it was parked on the other side of the road and that she had run into it when I was stopped to observe the dog. We wanted to exchange insurance details, but I didn't find my insurance card so we went to a diner so I was able to search all my pockets to find the card. When we were there another customer wanted something specific hanging from the ceiling, the customer and several staff tried to get it down, but weren't able to. Then I turned to looking at my car, but not at the rear right corner where you would expect a crash to happen when another car hits you from behind and bashes it's front left, instead I looked at the front left of my car which was bashed up. Then I remembered a crash with my bicycle (which didn't happen in real life) where someone else rear ended that and managed to twist the whole bike so the front and rear wheel weren't straight behind each other but in an angle of around 45°.
Then I woke up. :dunno:

I dreamed my brother bought an Orange BRZ and we took it to the beach, and due to the pandemic, you couldn't get in the water, but parking the cars in the sand was fine. Then we parked literally IN the water, the car filled with seawater full of floating algae and some people came running and used the roof as a springboard, leaving dents on the roof and running away.
I chased them on foot, and we ran from building to building in a hipster version of "The Bourne Identity" where all rooms had fancy bakeries, coffee roasters and vynil shops full of people looking bored and using fancy clothes designed to look second-hand.

I was driving in the last BMW E46 I owned in icy conditions when I saw a dog trying to cross the street but failing to get up on a massive snow/ice bank on the side he wanted to reach. First I stopped the car on the right side of the road to just observe the dog, but then I decided to help him and parked the car on the left side of the road. By the time I parked and got out of the car another driver just reached and helped him. I wanted to return to my car, but went to the spot I stopped the car at first, but obviously the car wasn't there anymore. Instead another car with a badly bashed front left parked there. I asked the driver if she had seen my car, she pointed out that it was parked on the other side of the road and that she had run into it when I was stopped to observe the dog. We wanted to exchange insurance details, but I didn't find my insurance card so we went to a diner so I was able to search all my pockets to find the card. When we were there another customer wanted something specific hanging from the ceiling, the customer and several staff tried to get it down, but weren't able to. Then I turned to looking at my car, but not at the rear right corner where you would expect a crash to happen when another car hits you from behind and bashes it's front left, instead I looked at the front left of my car which was bashed up. Then I remembered a crash with my bicycle (which didn't happen in real life) where someone else rear ended that and managed to twist the whole bike so the front and rear wheel weren't straight behind each other but in an angle of around 45°.
Then I woke up. :dunno:
When I still drove, I constantly dreamed of crashing. It got to a point where I would think, still inside the dream "Oh, this must be another one of those dreams where I crash a car..."

When I still drove, I constantly dreamed of crashing. It got to a point where I would think, still inside the dream "Oh, this must be another one of those dreams where I crash a car..."
a88.jpg

The dream starts simple enough, dad and I are at the dragstrip, where we have a crew working on grinding the concrete flat. We walk over to a storage trailer to get some things and walk back towards the starting line. Midway back he starts telling me all the things he needs me to get done, we get into a bit of an argument and, for some reason, I flop on the ground and start throwing a hissy fit.

As I'm laying there I look up and see something in the sky. I think to myself, "That's strange, I've never seen the space station before." I then realized it was something falling, straight towards us. I identify it as 2001-2006 Toyota Camry. About then one of us yells to look out and we both move just enough to avoid being crushed. The car is now a cube, less than a foot from my dad.

I start trying to imagine where, why and how, but I'm brought back to the real world by the sound of my son downstairs playing a video game...

Last edited:
I just dreamt that I was taking a walk, as one does in Covid times. With my work backpack containing my laptop for some reason. And a shopping back containing a bottle of water and something to snack - because the walk turned more like into an extended hike since I basically went round the whole city through the outskirts, which would be far too long in real life.
Acknowledging that, the dream made location jumps where I wondered in-universe how I already ended up at that spot. Also, while it was always very clear where I was in geographical relation to the city centre, the surroundings fit less and less. There was a lake where there isn't one, and more importantly, the suburb train station I walked through (name-checked!) wasn't this shed but a giant multy-story building with escalators and much pedestrian traffic. And basically the whole area was totally urban, with shopping streets full of grand pre-war buildings etc., more fitting to London or something like that. My confusion with that was also reflected that at one point I took out my mobile phone and let Google Maps guide me - and was annoyed by the fact that I had forgotten to turn on the Komoot app to track the hike to be able to retrace my steps later.
And because I was only on a stroll and did not plan to enter any train stations, I just noticed in the middle of the train station scene that I was not wearing my mask. And then I noticed the many officers from the municipality enforcing the obligation to wear one. Naturally, I didn't want to be fined, so several times I just made a break for it and ran right past them when I got the feeling they noticed me (slightly action/spy movie like ;) ).

I'm not sure where and why I woke up, but it was a good feeling to find myself in my bed then. :D

I often have dreams where a group of people does roadtrips in questionable vehicles. I think i have withdrawal syndrome.
I've had those dreams too.

Last one we ended up on some hippy off-grid commune in Estonia or Latvia. In the middle of the forest, but it had a bowling alley. I'm guessing it was our airBnB, but most of us were a bit suspicious about what was going on.

The dream was probably just regularly weird, and I don't remember almost anything from it, but I do find it very weird that I vividly remember this one detail.

I recently became interested in retro mechanical keyboards lately, probably ever since I started using my IBM Model M. I find myself often contemplating what a perfect keyboard would be like, and I find it that those retro keyboards suit my needs/desires better than most modern keyboards.

Anyway, last night, I think I had a dream of perfect mechanical keyboard switches for my needs. I don't remember how, why or even when, but a keyboard with such switches just appeared in my dream.

The keys had less actuation force than my Model M's keys. and weren't as wobbly as Model M's keys, but the clickiness was just perfect. I guess those cheap knockoffs of MX Blue switches I tried were somewhat close, so real MX Blues might be actually close to it, but they were tactile, had relatively short bottoming out, and were very precise.

There were some things I didn't like. From what I remember, the layout was pretty much the Model F layout (i.e. before the keyboard layout was really standardised), and the keycaps looked a bit like this:

ihf2guqsw3iz.jpg

Have I been watching too many Chyrosran22 YouTube videos?

I feel like this dream was over very quickly but it stuck with me and I've been thinking about it all day.

I was boarding a semi-abandoned spaceship of some kind, I remember going down a ramp of what seemed like concrete in the partial darkness. It seems like the ship would come from universe that was a combination of Star Wars and Gears of War, everything was made from heavy materials. I don't know why it was so dark but the place was a mess. I saw two mines or grenades in a crate, thin cylinders glowing light blue with metal edging. I was with someone else and I'm sure I thought or said that another team was supposed to come into the ship before us and get things running, they apparently hadn't. No idea what had happened to them.

I remember walking into a room and looking through a red-tinted window, seeing two other ships stationary and then disappearing into the distance. Guessing the larger of the two was the same type, a T shaped ship with a big oblong/lozenge (rounded rectangle) shaped body and thin wing-like structures at the top. I feel like I've seen something similar before. We were clearly running late because they ship wasn't fired up as it should be. The main computer was started up, it had a voice.

I'm pretty sure that room was either a main control room or a bedroom, there was some kind of structure made of metal, swoopy smooth surfaces made of sections that were black and metallic red, they were either beds or... something else. Another room had things like machines bolted to the floor and stuff scattered around. I think there were some drones of some kind, I remember asking the computer to look out for others. It wasn't smart, it asked me to be more specific. There were also... tentacles or something similar on the floor.

I turned and looked up, on the ceiling there was a spider-like equivalent of a facehugger. It was beside a door but not one we had come through, I took cover behind whatever this machine was and heard a hiss as it dripped acid on the floor. Clearly the floors were resistant as this didn't bother me and the ship was intact. I had a pistol now and stood up to shoot the thing but I think I missed and it dropped. There's a bit more with running and red shorts but that makes no sense.

I've fleshed it out in my head since then, have a good idea of what the ship looked like and what was going on in the lower decks. I imagine turning on a camera and it's a scene from Alien II, an entire deck or most of the ship is crawling with them. No idea what happened to the team that should've been onboard before us but I could take a guess.

I had one of those weird dreams that make no sense whatsoever, but here are a few key moments I remember:
  • One of my summer acquintances somehow had a manual Porsche 911 GT3 991 (I think the car in the dream was a pre-facelift, oddly enough) and for whatever reason gave me a go in it. Felt good.
  • I was in my elementary school, and one of the teachers asked me and my friend (who didn't attend that school) to help move some stools. As a reward, they gave us cigarette coupons and a coupon for such stools. I specifically remember having a plan to use the coupon just to sell the pack of cigarettes to my friend, as I don't smoke.
  • I had Forza photos of me driving a digitised version of our Yugo in Forza on my Microsoft drive, but with me behind the steering wheel. How? Because the photo of me was put by AR in the digital car's interior. The weird part is that I was in the back seat because the car was in our living room. Why was I in the back seat? Because there was no place for the PC's steering wheel in the front, as that's where the real car's steering wheel is.
There were some other weird scenes that would take too much to explain or that were in fact boring or lame. This is from the top of my head that I remember after waking up.

The weirdest I had lately was last night. I dreamt I was backing out of my driveway, then I look at the clock and it was 14:23, I check my phone, yup 14:23. Listen to the radio, 2:43. I start panicking wondering why my alarm didn't wake me up earlier and how pissed people will be with me for not getting back to them.

Fucks sake. :(