Audi e-tron GT - 2021

jack_christie

Forum Addict
The ‘quattro’ produces 469bhp, or 523bhp for a 2.5 second boost when you deploy launch control – enough for 0-62mph in 4.1 seconds and a top speed of 152mph. Too slow? The RS gets 590bhp or 637bhp on overboost making it the most powerful RS model to date, albeit in brief bursts, capable of 0-62mph in 3.3 seconds (half a second slower than the Taycan Turbo S) and a top speed of 155mph. Rib-crushingly quick, then, just not quite as sadistic as the Stuttgart flyer.

No proper range figures yet...

Looks good. Well, it looks like a sports sedan made by Audi, and that's not bad. At least it's not an SUV. :)

No proper range figures yet...
Somewhere I read around 240mi / 400km, which is entirely what I'd expect since this thing shares so much of its technical base with the Taycan.

edit: WLTP prognosis is 488km. so subtract 15-20% for real world range I guess :)

I know it's because it's basically a Taycan, but I am surprised by how good this looks. Audis usually look pretty generic IMHO.

I was far too tired yesterday to even notice why this looked so strangely familiar...

Somewhere I read around 240mi / 400km, which is entirely what I'd expect since this thing shares so much of its technical base with the Taycan.

edit: WLTP prognosis is 488km. so subtract 15-20% for real world range I guess :)

Don't think its actually done WLTP yet

I was far too tired yesterday to even notice why this looked so strangely familiar...

Crap that base and RS models are the same

Don't think its actually done WLTP yet
Yeah, hence the prognosis part :) Still, I don't think there's going to be any surprises here - where should those come from? This does have quite a good drag coefficient, but the cross sectional area feels larger than the Taycans, so that sort of evens out in effect, I'd assume. From all technical aspects I'd just treat this as a Taycan in different clothes :dunno:

I am surprised by how good this looks.
huh, I actually hate the fact that both the front and the rear seem to droop down and out... I dunno, I guess it's all in the name of aerodynmics, but I don't like it. I don't like any of the current Audi designs though.
... says the guy driving a friggin duck ?

So this is basically just the Taycan's slightly cheaper, less attractive looking cousin?

huh, I actually hate the fact that both the front and the rear seem to droop down and out... I dunno, I guess it's all in the name of aerodynmics, but I don't like it. I don't like any of the current Audi designs though.

I kinda think it looks like some Audi concepts of the past and there is a bit of the current R8 in it.

All that being said, I do have to say I don't like the taillights and some other details, but I do like the general shape of it.

If I had the money for this, the Taycan is just a tiny arm stretch more so I'd get a 4S rather than this.

I actually prefer the Audi interior over the Taycan. But I expected them to differentiate a bit more on the outside - the side profile is virtually unchanged from the Taycan, and screams Porsche to me, not Audi. Guess I'll need to see one live to form a complete opinion.

First drives -

oigb7u4kn2l61.jpg

Imho a rare instance where a fan render (top) looks better and almost more like a legit photo than the real thing. Now that Porsche made the Taycan Cross Turismo, how hard can it be for Audi to do their thing and make the GT into an awesome RS wagon.

I think Audi might make an estate with a lower model, like they do with A6 but not with A7 or A8.

I definitely prefer the wagon design but I'm never going to like those tail lights.

I noticed that the Carwow review wasn't included in the ones above. He says that the rear visibility is poor so the wagon would help there too.

The wagon is good, the rear lights are pretty neat, which I doubt will be allowed here. VAG and their attachment to smooth flowing lights is really inviting to me.

Of course it will be changed in the US to red turn signals tied with the brakes, not because they could have figured out a way to certify the amber signals no, because German brands are stuck in the 1980s and think that American buyers actually know the difference and prefer turn signals to be red. Explain how the Japanese and Korean brands are some of the top sellers in this country and they have amber turn signals. When owners sell cars because a repair is needed, I doubt they care what color the turn signal is.

/rant.

The rear visibility is indeed pretty meager in this. It's less money than the Taycan but I would save up for that instead. The GT I tried had way too much shiny black plastic which looked cheap considering how expensive the car is. The Taycan I tried was faultless in comparison. The acceleration kick when you floor it is addictive tho...

@250km