Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Growing up I used to do this with Rugrats because they used to put goofy shit in the background.
Did Stu Pickles not drive a Citroen DS?

Whoever edited Mythbusters put in various Peugeots whenever the situation called for an animation with a car in it. 205 and 405 iirc.

We've gotten a ton of snow dumped on us over the last couple of days. Tonight it's around 0°C, snowing and exactly the kind of conditions where summer tires are useless and snow tires work really well since there's a layer of snow everywhere for a snow tire to grab on to.

I just watched someone park his big Dodge Cummins outside Lidl. He was on typical beefy pickup truck tires that probably had M+S markings, which means he technically aren't breaking any laws. However, the tread pattern was just shiny wet black rubber. A normal snow tire picks up snow while it's rolling on the ground. The truck was automatic and I noticed his front wheel locking up just from him riding the brakes pulling in to the parking spot. I can only imagine trying to stop while actually driving.

If you can't afford an actual set of snow tires, maybe you shouldn't be driving? Fucks sake.

Last edited:
I can't comment on them, but I get around just fine on M+S tires in the snow, ice and cold. I take my time and drive with caution. As always, I would prefer to have snow tires, but it's so rare for us to actually get a decent amount of snow for an extended period, they would just dry rot in the shop. Yes, I know that they would help on cold days (below 45f/~8c), but again, we don't get that many days below that, even in winter.

I can't comment on them, but I get around just fine on M+S tires in the snow, ice and cold. I take my time and drive with caution. As always, I would prefer to have snow tires, but it's so rare for us to actually get a decent amount of snow for an extended period, they would just dry rot in the shop. Yes, I know that they would help on cold days (below 45f/~8c), but again, we don't get that many days below that, even in winter.

I understand, but we have months of winter tire weather and other people expect you to be able to stop. Like pedestrians stepping onto the crosswalk right in front of you, which they have every right to.

I once honked my horn at a man on the crosswalk when I realized I might not be able to stop, and he thanked me by giving me the international hand sign of dissatisfaction. I guess he didn’t even realize I was braking.

If you can't afford an actual set of snow tires, maybe you shouldn't be driving? Fucks sake.

But it’s a 4x4 so therefore it doesnt need winter tyres. Atleast thats what the drivers usually think. A couple of years ago I passed a 4x4 Toyota Hilux that was struggling to get up a tiny incline with my fwd Astra.... people are dumb

Also, ‘stopping’ is just not a consideration, people who dislike winter tyres only go on about ‘well I’ll just drive slower in the corners’....

But it’s a 4x4 so therefore it doesnt need winter tyres. Atleast thats what the drivers usually think. A couple of years ago I passed a 4x4 Toyota Hilux that was struggling to get up a tiny incline with my fwd Astra.... people are dumb

Also, ‘stopping’ is just not a consideration, people who dislike winter tyres only go on about ‘well I’ll just drive slower in the corners’....

That's not the usual attitude here in the land of "proper" winters, but every once in a while you get these guys that think 4WD solves everything.

I think I saw the guy inside the Lidl too. He had camo pants and a headscarf with RAM written on it.

Last edited:
From watching Fast N Loud I thought Swedish people were supposed to be wannabe Americans?

This summer the main highway I use to get to town and back is going to have a couple of major construction projects. A repave and, more interestingly, a dangerous intersection is receiving a roundabout. I am for both of these projects and I am glad to see them.

However, I have a problem with their proposed detour. They plan to use a secondary highway just south of me. It is more like a county road in the fact that it is narrow, has no shoulder, deep ditches and poor sight lines. I don't intend to use their detour, but I can see this being a large problem that for some reason the Missouri DOT is overlooking.

What is my duty as a concerned citizen here? Ignore it, do my thing and let whatever is going to happen to happen? Or do I write them a well worded letter explaining my concerns?

Run for office and fix all the stupidity! lol

You can do all the complaining you want, it probably won't change a thing.

Here, this will make you feel a little better.

I am, as of now, officially on the hunt for a rust-free 1990-1994 Subaru Legacy wagon body. Price is... Virtually no object.

... Do we have anybody in Utah?

Last edited:
Bald m+s don't count. Look back in the videos to see why they are bald.
Oh, that reminds me. Do you want the steelies and snow tires for that sucker? I, uh, might be coming back through on a Stupid Mission (see above re: Utah)