Monthly Virtual Meets - 2nd Saturday of the Month

See y'all in a few hours. I'm going for a nap now!

...aaand we're done. 3:08pm Sydney time, 6:08am Helsinki, 11.08pm Pennsylvania. Auto admit works pretty well too!

Next meet is March 13, at the usual time!

Last edited:
Aw, it's nothing. Someone has to keep track of things, or we'd all forget.

Aw, it's nothing. Someone has to keep track of things, or we'd all forget.
For a bunch of adults, we too frequently act like a group of 8-year-olds. You have experience with those, and that's why things work. :ROFLMAO:

Aww shidddddd!!!!!

I won't be in this week, going to get in some winter wheeling before everything turns into mud!

It seems likely has been confirmed that I will need to drive a coach ~5 hours into the meet, so I suppose we'll have to see how terrible my network reception is. It's a LONG drive though, what dies first, battery or mobile reception!

Last edited:
It seems likely that I will need to drive a coach ~7 hours into the meet, so I suppose we'll have to see how terrible my network reception is. It's a LONG drive though, what dies first, battery or mobile reception!
Your bus doesn't have a 12v cigarette outlet for usb charging? Also, that seems really old fashioned to say now...

My 2 older siblings have a birthday tomorrow so mid-afternoon, about 2 hours into the meet I will have to split for some hours. :/

Your bus doesn't have a 12v cigarette outlet for usb charging? Also, that seems really old fashioned to say now...

My 2 older siblings have a birthday tomorrow so mid-afternoon, about 2 hours into the meet I will have to split for some hours. :/
No it doesn’t, but it’s also a 24v system.
I’m charging up the Powerbanks as well...

Dad was supposed to find other companies to take the job, and I was only going to do the forward yesterday. The other guy who came with me also doesn't want to do it tomorrow - but he said he'd help us - and so if it comes to it, he will. (3 coaches on the job)

As far as I know, Dad has not made any calls to other companies who can do it tomorrow.
The job sheet I saw last night, said "Michael?" and "Gerardine?" as well as the other company who went, (and are happy to do it).

Dad said if it came to it, HE would drive in my place, but there's NO chance I'm gonna let that happen, I'd rather he stay home and do nothing.

Also, yesterday, on his way back from getting a bus inspected for it's registrtaion renewal, a container truck in the lane next to him, changed lanes without looking, and ripped the front corner out of the bus he was driving, so that's likely to be written off.

Most 24V vehicles I've seen around these parts have 12V in some form or another in them as well.

I'm guessing it's probably both easier and cheaper to fit a 12V DC/DC converter for various accessories instead of installing 24V stuff. A 24V car radio is probably 5-6 times more expensive than a generic 12V one.

Most 24V vehicles I've seen around these parts have 12V in some form or another in them as well.

I'm guessing it's probably both easier and cheaper to fit a 12V DC/DC converter for various accessories instead of installing 24V stuff. A 24V car radio is probably 5-6 times more expensive than a generic 12V one.
We've had step-downs in various vehicles over the years, but for the most part we don't do jobs where we're gone long enough to need to charge things, and we don't use GPS.
The trip tomorrow will be ~2 hours/85km each way.

EDIT: I won’t be around for the beginning of the chat, but it should still work. My pc is logged into the meet and auto-accept is running.

I’ll drop in and say hi around breakfast time.

Also, I read that the link we have, will remain available until we don’t use it for 90 days, then it expires, so that’s interesting.

Last edited:
Hi link!