The "Things that annoy me" thread

Daylight Savings Time is here. :rolleyes:

Daylight Savings Time is here. :rolleyes:

Why is it done at different times of the year if it is an effective thing? It seems to me that it would be done at the same time across the Northern Hemisphere if it were really able to be quantified as an effective thing. We did it a couple of weeks ago here in the USofA.

I heard of the most ridiculous “solution” to ending DST the other day on the radio. The guy proposed each hour from December 21st to June 21st to have 3601 seconds and every hour of the other half year 3599. His reasoning was that way nobody would notice and would still benefit!

EXCEPT EVERY SINGLE CLOCK ON THE PLANET WOULD STOP WORKING YOU NINCOMPOOP! Also every single programmer would campaign to lynch your sorry ass for proposing such a ridiculous thing...

:blowup:

I heard of the most ridiculous “solution” to ending DST the other day on the radio. The guy proposed each hour from December 21st to June 21st to have 3601 seconds and every hour of the other half year 3599. His reasoning was that way nobody would notice and would still benefit!

EXCEPT EVERY SINGLE CLOCK ON THE PLANET WOULD STOP WORKING YOU NINCOMPOOP! Also every single programmer would campaign to lynch your sorry ass for proposing such a ridiculous thing...

:blowup:
This is why he’s a radio DJ...

I really don’t get the intense anger around DST. Is it an old thing most of us don’t need the benefits from it? Right, but is it really that big of a deal to worry about?

I really don’t get the intense anger around DST. Is it an old thing most of us don’t need the benefits from it? Right, but is it really that big of a deal to worry about?
Not now you rarely ever need to change the clocks manually. I actually enjoy the jump in the length of the evening, either way.

Just syncing all the clocks is a hassle but other than that I don’t have the whole ‘my body clock is broken’ that everyone else has

The neighbors now have cattle and pigs. It's starting to smell really bad outside...

I think the plan to build a cabin and shop on the land is going to get accelerated.
Oof...cattle don't bother me, as I grew up around dairy and bison farms. Pig farms, though...that's a smell than can singe nose hairs.

The neighbors now have cattle and pigs. It's starting to smell really bad outside...

I think the plan to build a cabin and shop on the land is going to get accelerated.
You live in a neighborhood, right? How’s that ok?

You live in a neighborhood, right? How’s that ok?

I live in a small town in the country. Many people have cows or horses. The half a block in front of my house is a field where they grow soy beans, corn or winter wheat. There's not really want restrictions. You have to have a building permit or get permission to move a trailer in, but that's it. But there's no building inspections.

That being said, the property is in unincorporated Jasper County, so it's not going to be any better, really.

Guess the only problem with freedom to do anything is, everyone has the same freedom.

Not now you rarely ever need to change the clocks manually. I actually enjoy the jump in the length of the evening, either way.

I had to do three wall clocks, three kitchen appliances and the Eberspächer. I'm just now pouring coffee into my brain preparing for a new work week, which will start by changing approximately 903486 more clocks.

I like DST because one of my hobbies is outdoor summer theater and the sun is our lighting setup. Losing an hour of sunlight at the end of the day would be a bad thing. Same thing goes for anyone else doing outdoor activities.

Follow up: At 1:30 this morning I was awoken to the sound of a little girl's laughter. I'm not sure what's going on over there, but it's making it difficult to live next to.

"local drag strip owner complains about noise disturbance by neighbours"
said no one ever :lmao:

Last edited:
My downstairs neighbor likes to listen to UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ UHNTZ for hours and hours on end. I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can listen to that and not lose their minds, but to each their own. At least he seems to have learned that the rest of us don't necessarily appreciate his taste in music.

"local drag strip owner complains about noise disturbance by neighbours"
said no one ever :lmao:

They also have a damned turkey that gobbles at all times of the day and night. At least they seemed to have gotten rid of the rooster that would crow at 4 am.