Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

That’s the thing about these short-range EV’s. They’re good for “daily running about” but you still need something else that can cover actual distances. Those make a great second car in most households with two or more cars though.

Exactly. My truck is what I prefer to take on long trips, so this would be perfect for the Missus to drive everyday or for us to run to town for dinner/shopping. This also would mean we could ditch the Altima and it's time bomb CVT.

The less said about the tragic Chevy camper the better, although I think they are cool in general the louvres, steps and wheel cover are doing them no favours at all.

Krieger disagrees...

um6o4en31pr51.jpg

Exactly. My truck is what I prefer to take on long trips, so this would be perfect for the Missus to drive everyday or for us to run to town for dinner/shopping. This also would mean we could ditch the Altima and it's time bomb CVT.

I beg to differ. The Honda (while cute looking and with an awesome interior) just doesn’t have the range for even smallish trips. I dunno how the charging network is where you live, but even if you charge at home every day you’re basically limited to 50 miles of range if you want to get back without a charging stop. Thats even less than my eGolf. Even in a tiny country as Belgium, I have relatives who live further away so I couldn’t visit them(and get back home without a charging stop)

Fifty miles would get me to town, run an errand or two and back home without needing topped up.

True, but then a relative calls who lives 55 miles away in a remote area without a charger, asking you to visit. Or you get a call from the boss/wife/whoever asking you to go to another store just 10 miles further....

I’ve had both situations happen, and because I’m a geek, I knew where I could fastcharge but it’s still a hassle.

300 km/200 miles is a lot more breathing room, and most modern EVs offer this, so Id pick one of those. Shame because I love the Honda’s styling

True, but then a relative calls who lives 55 miles away in a remote area without a charger, asking you to visit. Or you get a call from the boss/wife/whoever asking you to go to another store just 10 miles further....

I’ve had both situations happen, and because I’m a geek, I knew where I could fastcharge but it’s still a hassle.

300 km/200 miles is a lot more breathing room, and most modern EVs offer this, so Id pick one of those. Shame because I love the Honda’s styling

We need a stronger push to get charging stations. We have the cars, we have the available energy to support it. Of course this is all based on use case. If people don’t buy electric cars, the charging stations won’t get built, charging stations won’t get built if there’s not enough electric cars to justify the investment. It’s chicken and the egg situation.

Mazda (which just released an EV with pathetic range) are running ads where they make it look like unplugging your car in the morning is the same thing as unplugging your phone in the morning.

I don’t know about you but I usually use my car to top up my phone to make it through the rest of the day if it’s been busy, like today. I guess you need a really big Mazda to drive while your normal sized one is in the center console being topped up.

Another Honda e, this one in white...

Honda e.jpg

...and a 1969/1970 Lancia Flavia 2000 Coupé. The styling isn't pretty, but it's rare as there were only 6789 made (I know, the number sounds made up, this is my source for the number).

Lancia Flavia Coupe 01.jpgLancia Flavia Coupe 02.jpg

Forgot one I saw, but only had on "dashcam"/cyclecam since I didn't want to stop on the incline on my way home: BMW i8

BMW i8.jpg

Mazda (which just released an EV with pathetic range) are running ads where they make it look like unplugging your car in the morning is the same thing as unplugging your phone in the morning.

I don’t know about you but I usually use my car to top up my phone to make it through the rest of the day if it’s been busy, like today. I guess you need a really big Mazda to drive while your normal sized one is in the center console being topped up.

Honda have thought of this and have given the e a regular 220v plug in the dash so you can charge your other car from this one.

Or you can just be normal and charge your car/phone overnight like regular people? Maybe I’m a light user but I usually make it through the day with around 40% left

Honda have thought of this and have given the e a regular 220v plug in the dash so you can charge your other car from this one.

Or you can just be normal and charge your car/phone overnight like regular people? Maybe I’m a light user but I usually make it through the day with around 40% left
Of course my phone is on the charger every night, but I’m a heavy user.

In that case, dayem.
I thought I was too (5hrs screentime a day + lots of Bluetooth according to my phone)

Two more from today's ride: a Plymouth Road Runner (I think...) and a Porsche 356 Speedster. The Speedster isn't original, I had a short talk with the driver at a red light.

Plymouth Road Runner.jpg
Porsche 356.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

The 992 generation of Porsche 911, more specifically, a Carrera 4. At first I thought this generation of 911 was quite ugly, but seeing it today in person, it started growing on me.

Also, expect more pictures of quite different cars in their own thread this Sunday. I won't go into details about what it is just yet. :D

Reactions: lip
Also, expect more pictures of quite different cars in their own thread this Sunday. I won't go into details about what it is just yet. :D
GOOD NEWS. :p