Detroit Motor Show: Buick Enclave

Overheat

Forum Addict
06-buick-enclave-f3q.jpg

GM's Buick brand has been languishing for a while, but the Enclave is a concept which, GM hopes, will put it back on the map.

It's a near-production luxury SUV-crossover - and a rival for the Ford Edge/Lincoln Aviator also launched at the Detroit show this week - with an emphasis on comfort, refinement and craftsmanship. Enclave can carry up to six passengers, seated in three rows, under a near-full-length bronze-tinted glass roof and entertained by a multiple in-dash/overhead DVD system. The cabin has a retro feel, with aluminium-trimmed instruments and wood detailing and a two-tone colour scheme in Cocoa and Light cashmere (beige). The middle-row passengers can use fold-down tray tables and leather storage satchels, and there is a console unit running the length of the cabin between each pair of seats that contains climate control switches, audio and entertainment controls, cupholders, storage areas and a clock. The Enclave bears a strong resemblance to the latest Lucerne saloon, with porthole-style air vents in the front bumpers and the trademark "waterfall" grille. This concept rides on 21-inch wheels and is finished in cocoa metallic paint with chrome trim, adaptive gas-discharge headlamps and LED taillights. Though such large wheels may not make the final cut, the show car is said to be very similar to the production model. It is powered by a 3.6-litre V6 (270 bhp) with six-speed auto transmission and four-wheel drive.

I respectfully disagree. This is so much better than the Rendezvous and the Ranier that they have out now, and if the curves make it into production, I give mad props. So much better proportioned than ANY ssanyong, in fact it reminds me a bit of the Infiniti FX, if tamer. Nissan Murano with FX haunches is what I'm seeing. Can't believe I'm saying this, but go Buick. This obsession with front-fender portholes has got to go though. They make it look like a whale with six blowholes.

looks kinda cool compared to the overweighted minivan type rendevous. i still wouldnt buy it

Labcoatguy said:
This is so much better than the Rendezvous and the Ranier...

That does not say a lot, does it?
And what map are they thinking of?

I apologize, but I think this is shit! Can one say shit on FinalGear?
Buick is shit, along with Ford, Cadillac,Chrysler, Pontiac, and the rest of the gang. Glitsy chromed rims, chromed grilles, oversized anything, 325 cupholders, 32 tvs (to keep children entertained, because, franly, you can not be bothered), etc.. is not what makes a good car.

I really hope they put this pile of shit into production. With any luck, Buick will go bankrupt, and save us a lot of trouble!

Lusitano said:
Labcoatguy said:
This is so much better than the Rendezvous and the Ranier...

That does not say a lot, does it?
And what map are they thinking of?

I apologize, but I think this is shit! Can one say shit on FinalGear?
Buick is shit, along with Ford, Cadillac,Chrysler, Pontiac, and the rest of the gang. Glitsy chromed rims, chromed grilles, oversized anything, 325 cupholders, 32 tvs (to keep children entertained, because, franly, you can not be bothered), etc.. is not what makes a good car.

I really hope they put this pile of shit into production. With any luck, Buick will go bankrupt, and save us a lot of trouble!
You've just launched World War III there.

So the Buick line-up now consists of three medium SUV-crossovers. How is this one going to save Buick? Is it good at accounting?

DUUUDE you forgot the best part

l_Buick_Enclave_interior-01.jpg

002.jpg

http://img450.imageshack.**/img450/2525/enclave31bz.jpg